It's time for Blashill to be Fired!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
This is the absolute last straw in the pathetic tenure of the worst coach Detroit has ever had in my life time.

The fact that Blashill is the 2nd longest tenured coach on an NHL team is quite hilarious. Only Jon Cooper the best coach in the league has been with their current NHL team longer.

I love Yzerman and he has done a great job with this team. But in the offseason he f***ed up, he should have hired Gerald Gallant and shown Blashill the door like he deserves.

FIRE THIS SOB NOW!!!!!!!

Reactions: nhlisawesome

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
On any other team, after this stretch of games, after this stretch of seasons, the coach would be fired.

I just don't understand some of the decisions being made by this team and I am really worried about their future with Chris Ilitch as owner.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
This is the absolute last straw in the pathetic tenure of the worst coach Detroit has ever had in my life time.

The fact that Blashill is the 2nd longest tenured coach on an NHL team is quite hilarious. Only Jon Cooper the best coach in the league has been with their current NHL team longer.

I love Yzerman and he has done a great job with this team. But in the offseason he f***ed up, he should have hired Gerald Gallant and shown Blashill the door like he deserves.

FIRE THIS SOB NOW!!!!!!!

The funny thing is Tampa fans prior to their 2 cups were saying the exact same thing about Cooper (ie. fire him). One thing I love about Yzerman is that hes not scared to do things that may piss fans or players off, he does what he thinks is right. If he's keeping Blashill, my guess is he believes Blashill can do great things if he had a better roster. Time will tell, but if he's right I'm glad he's not caving to fan pressure. If he's wrong, well that sucks for us.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Gallant seems to be doing a nice job with the Rags. He never stays in one place for long, but he always improves the hockey club.

That is definitely a red flag, makes you wonder if there is something about him behind the scenes that we are not aware of.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
I agree but, to me it shows Yzerman has a plan. He isn't rushing anything. Made some decent trades and absolutely stacked the cupboard on defense. He had no intentions of making the playoffs this year and could just be bringing in guys and evaluating still. Ned is a part of the future, Raymond and Seider were to good not to play so why not? Berggren was the one expected to make the team and won't get a sniff until the final 9 games or whatever. 4d chess is his game. Also fire Blash and replace him with who?

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
That is definitely a red flag, makes you wonder if there is something about him behind the scenes that we are not aware of.
Perhaps, but lots of coaches bounce around the league from team to team. I wouldn't mind having about 3 seasons of quality hockey after nearly a decade of pure garbage.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I’ve been saying this for years now, but how many players have developed under Blashill that weren’t good from the second they were here? Bertuzzi annnnnddddd…Nick Jensen??

It’s been 7 years and almost no one has emerged from playing under Blashill for the better. He literally sucks at the most important aspect of coaching: getting more out of your roster than talent indicates. No wonder the issue is always that he needs more talent.

Reactions: shadow1 and Snuggs

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
The funny thing is Tampa fans prior to their 2 cups were saying the exact same thing about Cooper (ie. fire him). One thing I love about Yzerman is that hes not scared to do things that may piss fans or players off, he does what he thinks is right. If he's keeping Blashill, my guess is he believes Blashill can do great things if he had a better roster. Time will tell, but if he's right I'm glad he's not caving to fan pressure. If he's wrong, well that sucks for us.

When I was a young Wings fan during the glory days, we used to bitch about not having a power forward on the 4th line. You lose perspective when you’re a fan of an uber successful team.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Not sure what they should do, and I am pro get rid of Blash and have been for at least 4 seasons. Problem is, there is only 25 ish games left and we have a brutal roster, that will get worse after the deadline, as we can't even afford to lose the crap players we have, which shows how bad we are. Same time, Blash isn't working here. Also, the goaltending has been as bad as I have ever seen in just over 30 years watching the Wings. Even Chevy played better than this.

LeftWingLocked

Feb 24, 2018
Not sure what they should do, and I am pro get rid of Blash and have been for at least 4 seasons. Problem is, there is only 25 ish games left and we have a brutal roster, that will get worse after the deadline, as we can't even afford to lose the crap players we have, which shows how bad we are. Same time, Blash isn't working here. Also, the goaltending has been as bad as I have ever seen in just over 30 years watching the Wings. Even Chevy played better than this.

They should fire the coach after the last game of the season which should have happened a few years ago. Yzerman needs to own up to his mistake

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
You guys know me as one of the few "I don't love him but don't think he's a disaster" holdouts when it comes to Blashill.

But losses like this keep piling up and they are massive setbacks to the team morale. Even accounting for the talent deficit on the team, it's unacceptable.

I think we get a new coach next year.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
You guys know me as one of the few "I don't love him but don't think he's a disaster" holdouts when it comes to Blashill.

But losses like this keep piling up and they are massive setbacks to the team morale. Even accounting for the talent deficit on the team, it's unacceptable.

I think we get a new coach next year.

Yeah, I think Steve will wait until the season is officially over. Although I do have fear that he will possibly just put the blame to lack of talent.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON

Is that a f***ing joke? Jon Cooper was coaching the best team in the league. Yes they had some playoff troubles for a few years but they were still the best team in the league.

Blashill has a better roster this year, in fact it is a lot better than last years and other than Vrana it has been a relatively healthy one too.

We just gave up 9 goals to the worst team in the league at home and have been averaging 5 goals against per game in the last few weeks.

When is this coach ever going to take any responsibility for how bad the team plays? More importantly when is the GM and Owner going to hold him accountable.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
I've been OK with us keeping Blashill for the development reasons, but I do really think the time has come. He's not adding anything else at this point, and could even be hurting the development of some players.

I don't have the answer for any replacement, but tonight was an embarrassment, and sadly not even anomaly for this team under Blashill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad