It's time for Blashill to be Fired!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Just looked at Vrana's past few games TOI 15:24, 14:24 (2G +2), 14:20, 12:54 (1G&1A +1), 14:47

Either Trash is getting his instructions to purposely tank or he is a horrible coach... I'm gonna go with he's a horrible coach. With AA I understood the low TOI because it was clear he was a one trick pony but Vrana's game looks way better than AA's.
Or because he's still coming off of a major injury and the trainers and coaching staff don't want to have him over exerting himself on the tail end of a lost season? Add to that the top top line is averaging 20+ minutes a game leaving 40 minutes to be divide amongst the other lines, and they don't want to break up their only line that can score.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Or because he's still coming off of a major injury and the trainers and coaching staff don't want to have him over exerting himself on the tail end of a lost season? Add to that the top top line is averaging 20+ minutes a game leaving 40 minutes to be divide amongst the other lines, and they don't want to break up their only line that can score.

Then sit him then. No point in dressing him up if they're so worried he is a hit away from another set back.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Then sit him then. No point in dressing him up if they're so worried he is a hit away from another set back.

Him playing is better than not playing. Gives him a chance to see where he is at, how he feels, etc. He also missed training camp and over 4 months of the season and could be out of game shape compared to where everyone else is. His stamina is probably not where it needs to be to play a lot more than he is. I want Blashill gone, but I do honestly doubt he is purposely not playing Vrana to lose games. Blashill doesn't want to lose.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
I’m not sure we are even getting rid of him after this season. Yzerman gave him a contract that includes next year I believe. He has his master plan and will stubbornly stick to it. I just hope that by picking his coach over his players he doesn’t lose them. I think he’s lost a couple of players already like Bert.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I’m not sure we are even getting rid of him after this season. Yzerman gave him a contract that includes next year I believe. He has his master plan and will stubbornly stick to it. I just hope that by picking his coach over his players he doesn’t lose them. I think he’s lost a couple of players already like Bert.

If what's happened since Yzerman took over was enough to lose Bert, well, I don't want Bert.

Y'all need to knock this off, though. What in Tyler Bertuzzi's 56 points in 63 games while laying his body out to block shots and all that stuff gives any indication that he is lost to the Red Wings? People are drumming up a fantasy and a storyline here to demand a coach be gone. Now, don't get me wrong, Blash has not been a good coach and he should not be retained. But let's stay in reality here. Guys like Larkin, Bertuzzi, Raymond, and Seider have had tremendous years. Not just good, but tremendous.

The issue is tht the Wings just simply have no solid organizational depth. They have a couple mid-upper end guys and then a whole roster of guys who would be fantastic in the Brent Gilchrist, Dan Cleary, Andreas Lilja, Mathieu Dandenault role where you just need a guy to eat clock so your stars can rest. Guys like Larkin, Seider, Raymond, and Bertuzzi aren't skilled enough to make up for a wholly unskilled roster. They and the other guys aren't grindy enough in large enough numbers to be a bitch to play against.

Reactions: wings95 and CountMC

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
If what's happened since Yzerman took over was enough to lose Bert, well, I don't want Bert.

Y'all need to knock this off, though. What in Tyler Bertuzzi's 56 points in 63 games while laying his body out to block shots and all that stuff gives any indication that he is lost to the Red Wings? People are drumming up a fantasy and a storyline here to demand a coach be gone. Now, don't get me wrong, Blash has not been a good coach and he should not be retained. But let's stay in reality here. Guys like Larkin, Bertuzzi, Raymond, and Seider have had tremendous years. Not just good, but tremendous.

The issue is tht the Wings just simply have no solid organizational depth. They have a couple mid-upper end guys and then a whole roster of guys who would be fantastic in the Brent Gilchrist, Dan Cleary, Andreas Lilja, Mathieu Dandenault role where you just need a guy to eat clock so your stars can rest. Guys like Larkin, Seider, Raymond, and Bertuzzi aren't skilled enough to make up for a wholly unskilled roster. They and the other guys aren't grindy enough in large enough numbers to be a bitch to play against.
You take that back, Brent Gilchrist is a saint!

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
You take that back, Brent Gilchrist is a saint!
And Dan Cleary in his prime would be a huge improvement over 2/3 of this forward roster.

Edit: I'm surprised he hasn't gotten a PTO, lol. I'd rather watch him play the last couple of games just to watch this board EXPLODE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad