Blue Jays Discussion: It's still the off-season (Ray: Cy Young, Berrios: 7yr ext, Semien: to TEX, Gausman: signs 5y/$110m)

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

upload_2021-11-30_15-8-0.png

Reactions: LeafChief

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Freeman is not where close to signing in Toronto, they arent even on his radar. I doubt highly that the Jays did anything other than kick tires.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I mean I don't think the Jays are going to sign him...but how the hell do you know who is and isn't on Freemans radar lol

If I was a free agent and my primary position is taken up by a young caliber MVP type (Vladdy), I wouldnt be expecting a team like Toronto to be interested in signing me, nor for the dollars I am asking.

It contradicts the words spoken by many that Vladdy is the future and franchise, as a perennial gold glove at 1B and MVP aspirations.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
I highly doubt the Jays have any intention on moving a 22 Year old runner up for the AL MVP award off his position for a 32 year old player who wouldn't really have a spot with us. I wonder why people connect us to him...
canada-canadian-flag.gif

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Looks like Tampa is looking to dump Wendel and Kiermayer tonight. Please just get Kiermayer out of the division please.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
The only way Freeman to the Jays might make sense is a change in how the Jays use the DH spot. Instead of rotating all kinds of players through the slot, they essentially share 1B and DH between Vladdy and Freddie. Besides the Canadian angle, there is the talk that the Jays would like to add a big left-handed bat.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
The only way Freeman to the Jays might make sense is a change in how the Jays use the DH spot. Instead of rotating all kinds of players through the slot, they essentially share 1B and DH between Vladdy and Freddie. Besides the Canadian angle, there is the talk that the Jays would like to add a big left-handed bat.

I understand what you are saying. But I dont see it. Adding a lefty bat in a position we need 2B or 3B makes more sense if possible. Not at a position where we have arguably the best player in the game.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
the key to this rumour is baerga actually said "freddie fremmen" so its clearly a troll job.
well played baerga, well played

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Baerga is right. No Canadian player has ever been an All Star while being a Blue Jays and that could change in 2022.

He's just trying to say that he expects Romano to be an All Star next year :sarcasm:

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I understand what you are saying. But I dont see it. Adding a lefty bat in a position we need 2B or 3B makes more sense if possible. Not at a position where we have arguably the best player in the game.
I agree, but its definitely a case where if Freeman wants to play here, you do it, and figure out the rest later. I'd also doubt the front office would do this without Vladdys blessing. Not that I'm buying this rumour.

Reactions: stickty111
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad