It's boring... let's make some awful predictions!

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Apparently some posters think Scott Wilson will challenge Sid and Geno for MVP of the Pens this season.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I predict that by training camp we'll all be misquoting, building straw men, begging the question, and arguing in bad faith at ECF form.

I have faith in us.

Sjoelbak

Oct 5, 2015
Leiden, Netherlands
I predict that by training camp we'll all be misquoting, building straw men, begging the question, and arguing in bad faith at ECF form.

I have faith in us.

It's not a prediction if it's already happening :sarcasm:

I predict that Sprong will do so well that there'll be finally some attention paid to hockey in Dutch media.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I have faith in us.

Apparently some posters think Scott Wilson will challenge Sid and Geno for MVP of the Pens this season.

I mean, it's already happening just because people think Wilson has some value, which makes other people mad for God knows what reason.

Giant Yankee Pens

May 17, 2010
Some predictions:

1. Cullen Returns

2. Pouliot is OK in a injury fill in 6/7 role.

3. Someone is on IR to start the season causing the roster crunch to be fine.

4. A 3C is acquired from Detroit or Vegas with no one on the NHL roster being moved.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

I have faith in us.

I'll give it 2 months into the season before HSL tells us about drinking beer out of a boot and how Coldplay shouldn't be a band.

I swear if I had to pair 2 people up to be roommates on this site, HSL and Big Mclargehuge are made for one another. Their kitchen would be filled with the most obscure booze and every night would feel like a Euro party.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I'll give it 2 months into the season before HSL tells us about drinking beer out of a boot and how Coldplay shouldn't be a band.

I swear if I had to pair 2 people up to be roommates on this site, HSL and Big Mclargehuge are made for one another. Their kitchen would be filled with the most obscure booze and every night would feel like a Euro party.

They'd probably have a killer movie collection, too. :laugh: But if we're picking out roomies for HSL, I'd probably go with Crafton or maybe BlindWillyMcHurt.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I'm so pumped for this season. I only wish we were raising our back to back banner against philly or the caps.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm so pumped for this season. I only wish we were raising our back to back banner against philly or the caps.

Could you imagine if it was Washington again? Then I would possibly believe the conspiracy theories.

Back to predictions - the first goal of the season is scored by Jake Guentzel.

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
The results of melynks foreinsic investigation into the Matt Cooke/Eric Karlson Achilles' tendon incident will finally be revealed and in the name of player safety the NHL will institute rule 345.34 sub paragraph r2d2 otherwise known as the "Matt Cooke" rule that states you are not allowed to stomp on an opponents heel with your skate

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
More predictions of dubious likelihood

- We end up using Maatta-Dumoulin as a shutdown pair and it works out really well.

- ZAR ends the season as Sid's RW of choice

- Adam Johnson is part of the play-offs with the main show

- Jarry posts his first NHL shut out

Would you put it that way, can I be their next door neighbour? :laugh:

RaySheroGM

Jan 27, 2015
Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Maatta is solid and gets 30+ points
- Letang plays less than 60 games but is ready for the playoffs
- Geno and Sid tie for second in league scoring with each missing less than 5 games
- We acquire a 3C before training camp or early in camp
- Rowney starts as 4C but is passed on the depth chart by Blueger who proves himself during an injury call-up
- Murray is Vezina runner-up
- Pens finish 2nd in the East, but are noticeably gassed in the playoffs and lose in the ECF
- We lose someone to waivers
- Pouliot sticks in the NHL but is unspectacular. Serviceable bottom pairing guy with 15 points
- Schultz doesn't match last year's output

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
- Crosby having a sub-par regular season.
- Crosby will then go on to have signature playoffs carrying Penguins "alone" to the cup. Conn Smythe #3
- Malkin having a battle for the Art Ross with Mcdavid, breaking 100 points playing 75+ games.
- Malkin having a sub-par playoffs but still contributing a lot, like in 2016.
- HFboards will have a lot of people questioning the Conn Smythe winner in 2017 and even more in 2016. The other half of the board will rank Crosby inside the top 4 all-time, maybe even as the GOAT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad