It's boring... let's make some awful predictions!

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
It would be impossible for Maatta to reach the Tangradian level. Maatta's been a reliable dman in the league for 4 seasons. When people debated Tangradi he only had small spurts here and there with little success. Then the solution by the pro-Tangradi group was "glue him to Malkin for a solid 40 games...just to see what we have".

Still nauseates me to this day thinking about people's suggestions back then.

The debate will focus on his potential. He hasn't been reliable since his rookie season, and his play this season is going to be the source of much discussion.

I guess my crazy prediction, while we're mentioning him, is that he is the main piece of a trade that prepares the roster for another deep playoff run.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Guentzel outscores Phil the Thrill in both regular season and playoffs.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
My gut is telling me Malkin is going to have a monster year. One of his best. I feel like he's going to completely take over.

But is he going to play more than 62 games? I have no doubt that Geno will tear it up in the games he actually plays, but the question with him comes down to how many games that is. I could see him on a 100-point pace, but I'd be shocked if he actually produced 100 points because he's probably missing 15+ games.

eddiefromirwin

Apr 15, 2017
The Division, the President's Trophy, and the Cup. Winning it all again puts this team on the short list for the best in the last half century.

froods

I blame Paul Martin and Jack Johnson
Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON
Washington retains half of Orpik's salary and trades him to the Pens at the deadline. He makes up a 4th line of Orpik-Rowney-Reeves that scored 20 goals in the playoffs. Unfortuatly, the Pens bid for a 3-peat goes south after Orpik takes a 5 minute major tied late in the third of game 7 of the SCF. James Neal scores the game winning PP goal and Flower sends one the length to of the ice for the empty netter. Vegas wins the cup.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
A line of Guentzel-Crosby-Sprong will terrorize the league by the end of the season.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
JR makes a big splash before the new year.

Sheary isn't on the team by the end of the year. Nor is Hagelin.

Matt Murray is top 3 in voting for the Vezina.

Sid and Geno have average statistical seasons, but the team produces well as a whole.

Daniel Sprong plays half a season in the NHL and produces as well as Guentzel did this past season.

Guentzel scores 30 goals.

Kris Letang misses another big chunk of time and the front off starts to question the necessity of his cap hit v. value to the team.

Ryan Reaves has a career high in points and goals and becomes a cult hero in Pittsburgh.

Hornqvist signs a team friendly deal to stay here long term.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
A line of Guentzel-Crosby-Sprong will terrorize the league by the end of the season.

I don't think we'll see this line because Sprong doesn't seem like he'd be a great fit with Crosby. I also think Guentzel is more of a sniper with Crosby too, so having Sprong there as well would be redundant.

Freedom

Jan 23, 2017
Czech republic
Kessel scores 30+ goals 70+ points in regular season.

one of Geno or Sid will have 0,xx PPG and the other 1,xx PPG (both will miss some games)

Kessel will break his Iron man streak and miss a game in regular season

Guentzel scores 50-60 points, Rust scores his career high in goals per season

Murray will has 92,xx save%

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
MAF finishes with better stats than Murray this season causing Fordy to explode

Crosby, Malkin and Letang are traded

Craig Adams and Rob Scuderi come out of retirement to play on the 1st line

Bylsma returns as head coach after Sullivan is fired.

Kirk and ColePens elope. IcedCapp is the best man

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Washington retains half of Orpik's salary and trades him to the Pens at the deadline. He makes up a 4th line of Orpik-Rowney-Reeves that scored 20 goals in the playoffs. Unfortuatly, the Pens bid for a 3-peat goes south after Orpik takes a 5 minute major tied late in the third of game 7 of the SCF. James Neal scores the game winning PP goal and Flower sends one the length to of the ice for the empty netter. Vegas wins the cup.

This prediction escalated pretty rapidly...

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Pens will have a massively underwhelming regular season, which will have people panicking. Will sneak into playoffs on a wild card and "fail" into the Atlantic division, reaching the conference finals again (at minimum).

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

0 Chance. I'm a Team WarmCookies guy now.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

0 Chance. I'm a Team WarmCookies guy now.

"Cole, you can't elope!"

"Who are you calling a cantelope, you melon head!"

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Prediction!

The Blue Jackets will beat the Penguins at least once in the preseason. Mass panic will ensue on this board. The Blue Jackets will then be labeled contenders, while the back-to-back defending Stanley Cup Champions will be lucky to get the 2nd Wild Card. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad