It's boring... let's make some awful predictions!

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Geno shows up to training camp with a huge gut and does Mighty Kamala impressions by slapping his gut and uttering phrases in broken English. He proceeds to laugh and jokes around with media about it and new Geno quotes will emerge.

Last edited:

kbuck8851

Apr 25, 2012
Jarred Tinordi becomes the Top 6 crease clearing defensemen we've been missing for years.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
With Fleury and Kunitz gone and after Maatta is traded for a 3C, HFBPenguins doesn't have a whipping boy and all is peaceful for the entire season.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
With Fleury and Kunitz gone and after Maatta is traded for a 3C, HFBPenguins doesn't have a whipping boy and all is peaceful for the entire season.

Too late. Some fans already hate Reaves and think Hunwick is an AHL caliber defender. If the Pens struggle, those two will likely be the biggest whipping boys.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Too late. Some fans already hate Reaves and think Hunwick is an AHL caliber defender. If the Pens struggle, those two will likely be the biggest whipping boys.

I think you nailed the whipping boys. Reaves/Hunwick and throw Hags in there.

And the Hunwick one confuses me. I typically at least wait to see how they play in our system before critiquing. He was really good for Toronto in the playoffs. I want to see what the guy can do.

Reaves - I get some of the frustration of bringing his talent here when we did so well without it, but I understand what the team is doing. We are all going to love him, but I just hope he can do better than one lonely goal and 0 assists in 36 playoff games. I really hope he finds his game on a 4th line that kills it.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
CBJ's long-tortured Tortorella loses another playoff series against the Pens. He, then, loses his mind and is forced into "coaching at a happy, happy place with padded walls."

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Some unnamed Metro coach will have a large blood vessel burst (and lose his few remaining hairs) when the Pens hoist their third consecutive cup.

View attachment 96491

Last edited:

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Re: Hunwick. Making him the whipping boy is like making Nick Spaling the whipping boy. If that's the worst player/contract on the team, then OK.

My predictions: President's trophy. Murray is second in the Vezina voting. Sullivan is second in Jack Adams voting. Crosby wins scoring title. Sprong is full-time NHL by spring.

Kunitz scores 20 goals in Tampa.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
CBJ's long-tortured Tortorella loses another playoff series against the Pens. He, then, loses his mind and is forced into "coaching at a happy, happy place with padded walls."

10 seconds in you can see Mike Sullivan in the back. looks like he knows the torts is about to blow up

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
More unlikely predictions:

Geno and Phil stop playing well together. Both end up traded.

Scott Wilson switches back to centre and becomes a goal scoring machine

Niemi scores 5 goals

Pouliot ends the season as Letang's partner of choice

We win the Cup deciding game in Pittsburgh

Sjoelbak

Oct 5, 2015
Leiden, Netherlands
More unlikely predictions:

Geno and Phil stop playing well together. Both end up traded.

Scott Wilson switches back to centre and becomes a goal scoring machine

Niemi scores 5 goals

Pouliot ends the season as Letang's partner of choice

We win the Cup deciding game in Pittsburgh

Come on man, that's way too far fetched...

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
My gut is telling me Malkin is going to have a monster year. One of his best. I feel like he's going to completely take over.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Yeah, Hags (performance), Hunwick (contract), and Reaves (merely being in the lineup) look like the whipping boys heading into the season.

Maatta will be the topic of threads reaching Tangradian-level of debates.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
My gut is telling me Malkin is going to have a monster year. One of his best. I feel like he's going to completely take over.

For the first time in awhile, I feel like we can give both Sid and Geno really good wings.

I really hope both can find their health this season. I would love to see a race between those two.

Guenztel-Sid-Sheary
Hagelin/Rust-Malkin-Kessel

Aaaaaand go!

Yeah, Hags (performance), Hunwick (contract), and Reaves (merely being in the lineup) look like the whipping boys heading into the season.

Maatta will be the topic of threads reaching Tangradian-level of debates.

It would be impossible for Maatta to reach the Tangradian level. Maatta's been a reliable dman in the league for 4 seasons. When people debated Tangradi he only had small spurts here and there with little success. Then the solution by the pro-Tangradi group was "glue him to Malkin for a solid 40 games...just to see what we have".

Still nauseates me to this day thinking about people's suggestions back then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad