Post-Game Talk: It's a winner

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
We have two fancyboyyzzzz lines that won’t score in the playoffs, one third line that actually plays the right way but will be nuked at the trade deadline, and a 4th line that cannot possess the puck beyond the red line.

It’s not a cup winner unless the PP and the goalie are unstoppable….new year same shit.
I am hoping some version of the 3rd period team vs the Avs shows up more.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
He saw a documentary on the environment before the game and was too deep in thought about the impact of his carbon footprint

Absolutely correct.

We need more players who invest in dumping chemicals in rivers.

Real men.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Play like shit. Turn around and stare at Igor like “why didn’t you stop that deflection or uncovered rebound?”

Total chumps

Well, when the "best" goalie in hockey plays consistently like the worst goalie all season, stuff happens.

As stated above that’s valid. Some of the vitriol and insults hurled here, that’s a whole different topic.
Those folks have other issues.

Reactions: CasusBelli

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
No he's a goalie

bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.webp
But Espo puts in the rebound.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Had the chance to take that one in live.

NYR are such a weird team. Idgaf what the stats say, they absolutely dominated the 1st period. Downright comical how much better they were.

Then in the 2nd they started playing with their food. Took their foot off the gas. And just flat out started playing like shit. So many missed simple passes. Lack of cohesion. Not skating.

Then in OT after all that with the game on the line they come out and completely dominate yet again.

Hard to tell with this team. When they’re on they’re outstanding. 82 games 246 period of the regular season a veteran team is absolutely going to have ebbs and flows. Optimist take is when the chips are down they’ve still got it. Pessimist take would be, same old same old with this leadership group.

Regardless it was fun. Laf is becoming a treat to watch.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
On a positive note, Kakko is slowly getting better and better since coming back. Thought his line looked solid.

If he continues this upward curve, a season of 15 points remains a possibility.

As stated above that’s valid. Some of the vitriol and insults hurled here, that’s a whole different topic.
Those folks have other issues.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Anybody who thought this was going to be easy hasn't been paying attention. It was a poor effort but they just don't play well against bad teams. They just can't get up for them especially on the road. Lost to Columbus, lost to San Jose, lost to Ottawa earlier in the season. had to come back from a 2-0 deficit to beat Anaheim. I'm sure there were more but I can't remember. I'm glad they got the 2 points at least. Also this 1 game road trip out west bullshit has to stop. They had to travel to Dallas for a game and Nashville also. Stupid.

Reactions: leetch99

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
My Old Man fought in WWII. Was from the Silent Generation and when I started drinking in bars at age 16 he took me aside and said “Son always drink good scotch and you’ll never be sick the next day.” And he was right. Passed that advice on to all my children.
Amen. That’s good advice.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
These guys were very clearly not taking this game seriously. I mean, Brodz and Kakko hardly celebrated on the goal they created.

They looked like a team that expected to win and took the opponent lightly.

There are issues with that but not the ones you guys are bringing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille