• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Scratch Mika
Don’t. He might bleed out.

How are we third place in the NHL
Because every team has weaknesses and bad games. Most have more weaknesses and more bad games.
(I’m not being smug. I’m just saying we all tend to watch our guys like hawks and miss the fact that other teams do more of the bad stuff).

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
I'm all for cheerleading. Stuff like sell everyone, sit Zib, trade Kakko, etc comes up every year at some point. Last year it was send Panarin to a bootcamp, Laf bust was pretty much year-round before this season.
That said, I'm all for being worried how would they shape up for the playoffs. But not based on this game ffs.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
They are not Mahomes and the Chiefs but do you think they have the same mindset? Regular season is boring let’s turn it on in the playoffs?

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Chicago broadcasters called Fox's play on Dickenson in overtime a trip. To me it looked more like a hip check.
Foxy squeezed in between the player and the puck without even touching the player at first. Then he obviously skates into Fox - contact. Case closed IMO.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
They are not Mahomes and the Chiefs but do you think they have the same mindset? Regular season is boring let’s turn it on in the playoffs?
Not if you look at the last season. Not sure why it's gonna be different this time. By chance only, like that ECF run.
Chyt out was another blow to the prospect of changing their game to a more suitable for the playoffs style.
Not sure what they gonna do now but IMO they absolutely should do something to be competitive in that regard.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Game 7. Stanley cup final. Mika OT winner.

This board: Yeah, but it’s his 2nd 5v5 goal of this playoff run. Loser.

OR:

Game 7. Stanley Cup Final.

Kakko drives to the net and scores to win the cup.

This board: The goal didn’t look like a goal scored by a 2nd pick. Not an alpha celebration either.

Toxic fanbase. First place team even if it’s not perfect. Do better.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Are Laf and Perrault good enough to one day be the best forwards on a cup winner?
Nope . Just look at the body language on Laf after he misses a shot/chance for a sure goal or so he thinks......that should be stepped on right away . It is a bad look for a young guy who is far from being an all star at this point and he should just keep skating and try harder without the looking to the clouds . IMO....that is not the guy who will lead you to the promised land anytime soon .

As far as Perreault......the odds are against him ever being a Ranger . He will be traded at one of the next 2 deadlines to bolster Ranger teams for the playoff runs .Perreault has a better chance of being a Ranger if either Othmann or Kakko get moved ahead of him arriving . That is how I see it .

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Game 7. Stanley cup final. Mika OT winner.

This board: Yeah, but it’s his 2nd 5v5 goal of this playoff run. Loser.

OR:

Game 7. Stanley Cup Final.

Kakko drives to the net and scores to win the cup.

This board: The goal didn’t look like a goal scored by a 2nd pick. Not an alpha celebration either.

Toxic fanbase. First place team even if it’s not perfect. Do better.
That said, there's legitimate concern IMO for how they're set up. But not this cheap-shotting obviously.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
People always see bottom feeders and think easy wins. Sometimes the players do too. It doesn't always work out that way and that's not just something this year.....it's always been like that. No doubt some of the Blackhawks would be in the AHL without the injuries but even so you're not going to walk over even less talented guys. They're almost always bringing their best games. Also Mrazek played pretty well.

I didn't like the way it ended with two late goals and Igor's psyche already seeming fragile. I don't think they were bad goals he gave up. One's a jam play typical of the Rangers not controlling the net front which has been a problem for the last 20 games or so. The other was a wicked deflection. Still he's not had a very good year by his standards and fans expectations and that shakiness has an effect on overall team confidence.

I hear this guy is shit and that guy is shit. Not seeing Wheeler's name very much but for me he's as big an issue as anyone. His only really positive is he's cheap. He's not holding up as a top 6 player and even drags the 3rd line down when he's there.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
That said, there's legitimate concern IMO for how they're set up. But not this cheap-shotting obviously.
Most of the board was ready to rebuild after losing to the devils. Team was always flawed. But they win. Gotta count for something.

Also, that ECF year we ONLY won cause of Shesty. Now we win in spite of him. Also has to count for something. He may figure it out when the games matter.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Most of the board was ready to rebuild after losing to the devils. Team was always flawed. But they win. Gotta count for something.

Also, that ECF year we ONLY won cause of Shesty. Now we win in spite of him. Also has to count for something. He may figure it out when the games matter.
Hope he does, BUT that alone wouldn't be enough sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad