• Lafreniere (almost forgot lol)

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Couple of things

They aren’t going to fire gallant after 30 games in year two of his coaching run here after a jack Adams nomination

Trouba was a beast for us last year in every facet. So again we’ve got to hope he can work thru this. Injuries were are a factor and now I see a lot of him putting pressure on himself

I think shesterkin is having a major confidence crisis right now as vally pointed out he’s showing very little of the patience he’s shown in the past.

Panarin is absolutely lost

Laf and Kakko lost and giving up going thru motions right now

Schneider is getting better everyday

Miller is way way off
The last presser i saw Laf do he wasnt the same happy guy, imo there is a very very high chance of him asking for a trade before his next deal and i wouldnt blame him. Jack Hughes already has his money and NY is gonna stagnate his development and then tell him he hasn't played well enough so here's 2 more years of being a 3rd liner at 2 mill a year. I still feel Drury is a cancer to the kids and he needs to go.

Zats Muccarello

Grinder
Dec 30, 2010
NYC
I don't know how else or how many times it can be said but we desperately need another veteran left defenseman. Hajek and Jones are not getting us anywhere, I really hope Drury is aware of this.

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
Everyone complaining about our captain as he plays hurt and starts a fight with their toughtest player to get some life into the team. I'm no Trouba sympathizer but this isn't the night to complain about his job as captain, you can hate his game but not his role as captain today, this was by far his most "captainy" night. It seemed to work for a shift or two but then they remembered they were in NY and that this was a country club team so they lazed it out for the rest of the game.

If you are so hurt that you play like shit the best thing you can do as a captain is to admit that and step down for a couple of games.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I would love for the Rangers to find a Brian Daboll. He's an offensive-minded modern coach that's developed the few skill players the Giants have pretty well. He's gonna be a legend once the Giants give him some talent to work with.

At the same time, he has the team by the neck and everyone sticks to the gameplan.

You can do both.
The Giants are 23rd out of 32 in points.

When he gets better players, he'll be considered better, like every coach in every team sport.

Reactions: Lua

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
If you believe the underlying metrics, Trouba is having a run of the mill Trouba season.

He's always been a complete buffoon defensively.

I think it's more pronounced because he and the team aren't scoring.
This.
He's always been bad but much of the fanbase can't get past the idea that he's good based on him laying people out, which seems to have stopped anyway.
I don't hate the guy but the fact that he's sucking valuable cap space and performing like a guy who should be making $1.5M makes me dislike him immensely.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
This.
He's always been bad but much of the fanbase can't get past the idea that he's good based on him laying people out, which seems to have stopped anyway.
I don't hate the guy but the fact that he's sucking valuable cap space and performing like a guy who should be making $1.5M makes me dislike him immensely.
Agreed. He just looks like a dumb guy. I'm surprised he can even tie his shoelaces. Same for Miller. That has to the the lowest IQ pair in the league.

Reactions: RagFinMet

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
The last presser i saw Laf do he wasnt the same happy guy, imo there is a very very high chance of him asking for a trade before his next deal and i wouldnt blame him. Jack Hughes already has his money and NY is gonna stagnate his development and then tell him he hasn't played well enough so here's 2 more years of being a 3rd liner at 2 mill a year. I still feel Drury is a cancer to the kids and he needs to go.
They will trade him. With Panarin and Kreider here for at least 2 -3 more seasons and Cuylee and Othmann knocking at the door.....the future of Laf is pretty limited on the left side and he does not like the right . He is going out in a deal at some point and next season he will be a .75 player per game in Arizona probably . It is the Ranger way . His body language right now is absolutely terrible.....he is totally disgusted in New York ,

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Some observations from the game last night:

Again liked Kravstov's game. You can see the potential. He's in the neutral zone a lot when the puck is in the defensive zone. Some will call that floating, others will call it looking to generate offense.

Gallant had Kakko with Goodrow and Trocheck to protect the lead with 2 minutes left. Showing confidence in Kakko's defensive game. Which is great, but that's not what they drafted him for.

Laf remains invisible. It's disheartening. But so was Stutzle.

Love Tkachuk's game. He stands out every shift. And he was yelling at his own bench after fighting Trouba. He's an animal. Rangers could use a player like him.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Agreed. He just looks like a dumb guy. I'm surprised he can even tie his shoelaces. Same for Miller. That has to the the lowest IQ pair in the league.
I was never a fan of the move to acquire Trouba at that price. I thought he had an outlier season in the Peg and got a team to greatly over pay. He's been better than he has shown the last month, but not very much better.

Miller, on the other hand, is a bit concerning. He looked like he took some great strides last year, only to revert back. He's making some really poor decisions. I'm optimistic that the turns it around but for now, he stinks.

I really think this team needs a guy that will start breaking some shit in the room. A leader who has been through it and won Cups. Relying on a new coach may work, but odds are it will not.

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
Love Tkachuk's game. He stands out every shift. And he was yelling at his own bench after fighting Trouba. He's an animal. Rangers could use a player like him.
Me too, love guys like him that play that true PF role, it’s a pretty rare commodity these days, I would kill to have a guy like that on this team for once, natural leader too

• Love
Reactions: leetch99

FUZfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2018
Some observations from the game last night:

Again liked Kravstov's game. You can see the potential. He's in the neutral zone a lot when the puck is in the defensive zone. Some will call that floating, others will call it looking to generate offense.

Gallant had Kakko with Goodrow and Trocheck to protect the lead with 2 minutes left. Showing confidence in Kakko's defensive game. Which is great, but that's not what they drafted him for.

Laf remains invisible. It's disheartening. But so was Stutzle.

I'd call Kravtsov's floating a good way to get scratched from the line up again.

Reactions: leetch99

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Wheels have come off the bus a while ago. Organization starting to notice they’re stationary after an unbearable screeching sound.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I really think this team needs a guy that will start breaking some shit in the room. A leader who has been through it and won Cups. Relying on a new coach may work, but odds are it will not.

Drury handpicked Goodrow to be that guy, minus being the Ugga Ugga Alpha Chimp in the locker room maybe.

Last edited:

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
We really need a coach heavy on structure to give this era of the team an identity and a clear plan. They've never had that.

I don't want a head ass dinosaur but you can be a modern coach that still has a structure. Quinn was supposed to be that and he wasn't, but it still wasn't the right time for a hands-off coach like Gallant.
Again- NO. This is exactly wrong. You want to shove skilled players into roles they won’t ever be successful at! It’s exactly what got Babcock fired in Toronto.

We need consistent effort from the top players and better goaltending. Average goaltending equals average team in today’s NHL.

Not even Colorado can overcome the Georgiev effect.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Anyone else having the middle age disillusionment hit them hard lately? I loved this team as a kid. It’s not the same team, but I still love them for some reason.

I hate several players on this team. My favorite players are on other teams. This isn’t fun to watch.

What am I doing?

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
My comment still stands - I’d trade rosters today with Ottawa’.

Ottawa is who we used to be under JD & Gorton .
Right- a very flawed team that has nothing but “hopes”

Anyone else having the middle age disillusionment hit them hard lately? I loved this team as a kid. It’s not the same team, but I still love them for some reason.

I hate several players on this team. My favorite players are on other teams. This isn’t fun to watch.

What am I doing?
Yeah I actually am having that same feeling this year. Last year was so much fun that I think it’s only natural to feel a bit less invested in this group. I also think Mica and Kreider specifically are just very hard for me to root for. They have all the god given talent in the world, worked hard to get to the NHL and now are just so bland and boring and have no grit or personality that it’s just hard to get excited for them.

We have no character guys on this current roster to root for and even our young guys are not exciting or particularly engaging personalities.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
If you are so hurt that you play like shit the best thing you can do as a captain is to admit that and step down for a couple of games.
A 50% Trouba is still better than any of the potential replacements. That’s sad but this organization went from incredible depth on D to somehow having nothing.

• Love
Reactions: FUZfan and leetch99

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Couple of things

They aren’t going to fire gallant after 30 games in year two of his coaching run here after a jack Adams nomination

Trouba was a beast for us last year in every facet. So again we’ve got to hope he can work thru this. Injuries were are a factor and now I see a lot of him putting pressure on himself

I think shesterkin is having a major confidence crisis right now as vally pointed out he’s showing very little of the patience he’s shown in the past.

Panarin is absolutely lost

Laf and Kakko lost and giving up going thru motions right now

Schneider is getting better everyday

Miller is way way off
how can you say he wont get fired but the entire team is lost

I've decided to not watch until something changes. It's a waste of time and unenjoyable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad