Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Is trouba actually hurt or is this another coping mechanism for us fans for underperforming overpaid players.. seems to be a reoccurring event. He's been so bad he is extremely selfish or our medical staff is clueless
If you believe the underlying metrics, Trouba is having a run of the mill Trouba season.

He's always been a complete buffoon defensively.

I think it's more pronounced because he and the team aren't scoring.

gimbznyr

Jul 23, 2021
If you believe the underlying metrics, Trouba is having a run of the mill Trouba season.

Meh yes and no. As a ranger fan first but in Winnipeg his underlying metrics have never been great... he just has such an exasperated negative impact right now

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Meh yes and no. As a ranger fan first but in Winnipeg his underlying metrics have never been great... he just has such an exasperated negative impact right now
Right they've never been great and he usually has around 30 even strength points. He's really good offensively 5v5. He hasn't been this year.

Reactions: gimbznyr

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Another great game for Krav
To be clear Krav was pretty good, not great. That line struggled mightily along the walls. Was mediocre defensively. But.. but... they did play with some speed and creativity. I think Krav is likely the one player who could actually figure out how to mesh with Panarin. Chytil is just a speed demon who bothers to attack so he will open up lots of space for this unit if they stick together. If Kravy doesn't stick in this spot, then it's likely Goodrow. I don't think Laffy and Kakko are playing fast enough to stay with Panarin.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
To be clear Krav was pretty good, not great. That line struggled mightily along the walls. Was mediocre defensively. But.. but... they did play with some speed and creativity. I think Krav is likely the one player who could actually figure out how to mesh with Panarin. Chytil is just a speed demon who bothers to attack so he will open up lots of space for this unit if they stick together. If Kravy doesn't stick in this spot, then it's likely Goodrow. I don't think Laffy and Kakko are playing fast enough to stay with Panarin.
Krav was good along the walls, he won some battles and sealed off the board not allowing defenders to get the puck out a couple times. But yea it's quite apparent Panarin doesn't like playing with Kakko, off the ice too Panarin & Krav get on very well so he is probably his preferred linemate. There were a few times where Panarin tried springing Krav with long passes and they ALMOST lead to some pretty darn good chances. I think they have great chemistry together and Krav does seem to process the game faster than Laf & Kakko, he's a lot more assertive with getting into the right position. Krav also plays more of the same flashy brand of hockey as Panarin and doesn't defer as much as a Kakko/Laf. Kakko/Laf just tend to shadow their line mates and follow them around like a lost puppy instead of getting into position to receive a pass, it's like they don't want to be "the guy".

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Krav was good along the walls, he won some battles and sealed off the board not allowing defenders to get the puck out a couple times. But yea it's quite apparent Panarin doesn't like playing with Kakko, off the ice too Panarin & Krav get on very well so he is probably his preferred linemate. There were a few times where Panarin tried springing Krav with long passes and they ALMOST lead to some pretty darn good chances. I think they have great chemistry together and Krav does seem to process the game faster than Laf & Kakko, he's a lot more assertive with getting into the right position. Krav also plays more of the same flashy brand of hockey as Panarin and doesn't defer as much as a Kakko/Laf. Kakko/Laf just tend to shadow their line mates and follow them around like a lost puppy instead of getting into position to receive a pass, it's like they don't want to be "the guy".

Good, then get Panarin the f*** off the team. That's exactly the type of rotting veteran core I'm talking about that will continue to ruin our top young kids.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Two guys from MSG Network telling you things you already know:

I do think it's slightly interesting that Vally really spoke in such critical terms. I'm often so frustrated by the broadcast team for glossing over poor play. So, when I see Vally actually speaking truth it makes me wonder if someone has to unshackle him before he can do that.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I agree with Kravy as the best fit. That's why I knew GG would go to Laf-Tro-KK after the 1st Ottawa game. Kravy is the new Strome, he'll get Panarin going but that line will keep getting it's face punched in defensively. Nothing has been fixed.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
man mika looked absolutely broken after this one. you just can't blow this. don't see the need to pile on trouba, obviously he's been struggling this year but the guy is playing hurt and gives an effort. i can get discussing his play, like he just has to get that puck out on their 2nd goal. i know the dman knocks it down and controls it, but he and trocheck had the time to take a look and what happened happened. but as far as trouba as a member of the team, the guy is who the team recognized as captain and that isn't new this year, the guy lays it on the line, squared up with brady. its the getting on him like a bum i'm not a fan of. i think his play will settle in as he gets healthy, but whether i like em or not as a player i can't get behind trashing a guy who cares that much.

the way this team is losing is discouraging. like all the good vibes of last year have gone away. i keep thinking they just need some bounces, see some pucks go in, string a couple wins, and as the confidence takes off the team will look night and day different in fairly short order. but the way they keep losing its like a subconscious feeling that something bad will happen has embedded itself in their dna. i don't think its lack of caring or trying, its like they just don't have that mojo whereas last year it was like they just knew they'd get it done. this year its like they're playing against the other team and their own heads. i've said before my advice would be for the whole team to go get pinned, take it deep go see the rippers, make some memories....usually a good reset button.

there's two other things i think complicate breaking out of this. one is speed. one being its not that we're a slow team, we just don't have anyone that really challenges teams. honestly just one guy who really zips around and is a nuisance can open up the whole game for every line. we don't need a blockbuster, that one element would be an overnight facelift.

the second is this team is so mellow and breaking funks like these usually involves tapping into something that brings an energy to the group they feed off of. whether its a song or celebration or locker room ritual, its a group thing and you see it. i feel like up and down the lineup you see how much the team cares individually, but its like there's never any group mojo. in that sense, while not to say the trade was a mistake or that he would be the answer here, its an area i do think reavo made a big difference. he's just a guy that has a personality off ice, in practice, in games et all that puts some energy in a group. i'm not even sure there is an answer here aside from the boys going out and getting crippled for a night and hoping its the kinda night everyone remembers in a good way. or someone else has to emerge in that role - the only possibility i see is laf there at the moment.

Reactions: FUZfan

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I do think it's slightly interesting that Vally really spoke in such critical terms. I'm often so frustrated by the broadcast team for glossing over poor play. So, when I see Vally actually speaking truth it makes me wonder if someone has to unshackle him before he can do that.
I want to think that Ron Duguay suddenly stop working there for speaking his mind and giving his honest assessments of the Coach (AV) his methods and one of the players.

Reactions: FUZfan

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

It's bad. But sitting your captain would probably not look either...

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
This team just cannot get out of the zone cleanly and makes 31 other teams all look fast.

It's really troubling when they go a full period without stringing three passes together.

They just simply need to play faster. Meanwhile the more the defensemen are demanded to do less, the better. When they cut the fancy shit when they receive the puck and just throw it toward the net, it's better than when they all try to be Fox.

Last edited:

ajdj10

Feb 14, 2012
Neverland
Also Igor needs to get his shit together.
In some ways I'd prefer he doesn't because all that would do is just mask all the problems we're having now.
Which we kind of were last year as well, but because Igor played like a god it was glossed over somewhat.
If the rest of the team doesn't get their shit together, it's kind of pointless to have Igor playing well.

Reactions: mas0764

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
We really need a coach heavy on structure to give this era of the team an identity and a clear plan. They've never had that.

I don't want a head ass dinosaur but you can be a modern coach that still has a structure. Quinn was supposed to be that and he wasn't, but it still wasn't the right time for a hands-off coach like Gallant.
I remember hearing that Gallant plays an up tempo hockey style. Where the hell is that? This team is slow as molasses in speed and decision making.

Kocur26

Limousine Ridin’
Jul 30, 2021
My comment still stands - I’d trade rosters today with Ottawa’.

Ottawa is who we used to be under JD & Gorton .

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Couple of things

They aren’t going to fire gallant after 30 games in year two of his coaching run here after a jack Adams nomination

Trouba was a beast for us last year in every facet. So again we’ve got to hope he can work thru this. Injuries were are a factor and now I see a lot of him putting pressure on himself

I think shesterkin is having a major confidence crisis right now as vally pointed out he’s showing very little of the patience he’s shown in the past.

Panarin is absolutely lost

Laf and Kakko lost and giving up going thru motions right now

Schneider is getting better everyday

Miller is way way off

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
OT goal a microcosm of Igor’s season. Overcommits to the extreme on the backhand deke leaving 5 hole open. It happens to the best of em but usually not that badly. Spread them so wide a refined lady of night would blush. Literally could have fit a beach ball in there.

Mika’s breakaway was an ok choice I guess, but he’s got a plethora of slick moves to use such a simple one. Looked like a Laf move tbh ‘I’m just gonna force this puck through god dammit’

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Everyone complaining about our captain as he plays hurt and starts a fight with their toughtest player to get some life into the team. I'm no Trouba sympathizer but this isn't the night to complain about his job as captain, you can hate his game but not his role as captain today, this was by far his most "captainy" night. It seemed to work for a shift or two but then they remembered they were in NY and that this was a country club team so they lazed it out for the rest of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad