GDT: It's 1:30pm so I guess I'll start a GDT 11/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
Man, Ekholm looks like a shadow of his former self. He used to surprise with his offensive ability but I think Father Time caught up with him quickly

Reactions: bdub24

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
He's getting his looks but not burying them. It isn't an age thing. He's on a 27 point pace which is relatively normal for him ... better than some years, worse than others.
Maybe the "not burying" them part of it is that he's not the same player he once was. If you think he has the same talent as 2-3 years ago, we'll just agree to disagree.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Maybe the "not burying" them part of it is that he's not the same player he once was. If you think he has the same talent as 2-3 years ago, we'll just agree to disagree.
He's never been a big goal scorer. 10 is his career best. 6-7 is the normal range. He's on pace for about 5 for the season right now (so about 1 below his mean) while getting a couple of minutes less TOI overall per game than the last couple of seasons ... his 9th highest ES TOI per game.

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
He's never been a big goal scorer. 10 is his career best. 6-7 is the normal range. He's on pace for about 5 for the season right now (so about 1 below his mean) while getting a couple of minutes less TOI overall per game than the last couple of seasons ... his 9th highest ES TOI per game.
I completely agree. But the one thing that used to separate him was his ability to carry the puck into the zone as a 6'4" defenseman and settle the game down in the O zone - I just haven't seen that in the past two seasons. Not to mention that defensively, he's not nearly as controlling in our zone as he once was

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I completely agree. But the one thing that used to separate him was his ability to carry the puck into the zone as a 6'4" defenseman and settle the game down in the O zone - I just haven't seen that in the past two seasons. Not to mention that defensively, he's not nearly as controlling in our zone as he once was
The last two seasons he's also had Carrier as a partner. He's paid to be a defense first defender who happens to net 7ish and get low 20s assists. It's a normal season for him ... especially on a team that started this one slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad