GDT: It's 1:30pm so I guess I'll start a GDT 11/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
101st, I don't bail, I still have a FST and renewed again. I had one bet with you about 8 years ago? If it makes you happy being the fan police so be it.

Anaheim may be bad but at least they have some young talent that is fun to watch. We are not fun to watch right now.
You mention every year how you want the team to suck .. but yeah, you don't bail or advocate tanking (even though you just admitted as much moments ago). Rationalize away. It's not being "fan police" ... it's being honest about what people actually repeatedly say. Seeing people get defensive about what they say is just enough to make me laugh over and over.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Intermission gal can sing and cute to boot.

20221121_205127.jpg

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
Josi! As one of my former French-Canadian beer league teammates once said, we have to be stronger in the turd

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Jeannot back ... but with one hell of a cut below his lip. Still have to figure out the five man defensive rotation.
They have six again.

If I was the coach, you play your two intact pairs. Then the fifth guy comes out with opposite side of pair one. You have 2 with 3 or 4. Then one of them and five. Then repeat.

If you have a PP, you play one Dman to give the others a rest.

Two goals!!!

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
101, I love your insight, but I also think you are adhering to closely to statistics than results. Is any coach in the NHL game planning around Smith? Do you think he's a player that makes his teammates more effective offensively or defensively? I see a guy who is a plug - nothing more, nothing less. I fully agree with your view of putting the best players into situations they are well prepared to perform, but at this point, what makes him a difference maker on the ice for the Predators? Meanwhile, Trenin sits in the box, and this guy has proven to be reliable defensively and present an offensive threat. At least we could expect more than 4 assists from him in equal time.
Trenin sits in the box because of a lower body injury. Same for Jankowski. They're both day to day.

Nobody builds a roster around 4th liners but role players filling a niche are part of a roster, and Smith fills that niche. Smith is a 4th liner who is chipping in with 5 assists. Trenin has 3 assists total with more TOI and allegedly better linemates so the assertion that he'd put up better numbers with equal time doesn't hold true. The problem is that the HERD put up 2nd line scoring last season but isn't this time around. Duchene is getting ES assists, no 5on5 goals .. either PP or empty net for him. Granlund still doesn't have a 5on5 goal .. 1 PP and 1 empty net. The usual HF focus on a role player while the people paid to be stars aren't getting things done 5on5.

And as I type that Duchene FINALLY scores 5on5 for the first time this season.

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
Trenin sits in the box because of a lower body injury. Same for Jankowski. They're both day to day.

Nobody builds a roster around 4th liners but role players filling a niche are part of a roster, and Smith fills that niche. Smith is a 4th liner who is chipping in with 5 assists. Trenin has 3 assists total with more TOI and allegedly better linemates so the assertion that he'd put up better numbers with equal time doesn't hold true. The problem is that the HERD put up 2nd line scoring last season but isn't this time around. Duchene is getting ES assists, no 5on5 goals .. either PP or empty net for him. Granlund still doesn't have a 5on5 goal .. 1 PP and 1 empty net. The usual HF focus on a role player while the people paid to be stars aren't getting things done 5on5.

And as I type that Duchene FINALLY scores 5on5 for the first time this season.
So if Mackinnon went on a five game stretch where he was scoreless, you'd bench him in favor of a player who had a couple of points during th same stretch?

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
Sanford just missed a golden goal scoring chance. But blah-blah-blah analytics put this guy in the lineup

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
So if Mackinnon went on a five game stretch where he was scoreless, you'd bench him in favor of a player who had a couple of points during th same stretch?
Holy strawman. Thanks for providing the exact illogic I expect here.

Conflating roles ... reductio ad absurdum ... and actually ignoring that nobody playing a similar role to Smith has been benched to play him. Trenin out due to injury and currently day to day ... not benched in favor of Smith.

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003

Conflating roles ... reductio ad absurdum ... and actually ignoring that nobody playing a similar role to Smith has been benched to play him. Trenin out due to injury and currently day to day ... not benched in favor of Smith.
And yet you've refused to answer what is the value that Smith presents to the team?

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land

Ooops. Someone’s misplaced superiority complex is showing again.

You

Jul 1, 2010
Why did they blow it dead? Arizona never touched, should be delayed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad