GDT: It's 1:30pm so I guess I'll start a GDT 11/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

You

Jul 1, 2010
Is that 3rd among forwards, then?

Looks like McCarron and Jeannot also have 4, with McCarron in limited time. I think we could stand to see less minor penalties from our forwards, just like last year.

You

Jul 1, 2010
Arizona had the puck, so they weren't going to call the holding IMO

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
He has 4 minor penalties and now 4 offsetting majors ... so he's created four PK situations for the Preds in 18 1/3 games. That's 4 of 68 times shorthanded. That's fewer than Josi, Joey, Duchene, Lauzon, or Fabbro.
You're right. What other value is he showing on the ice?

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Hey - anybody know what they’ve done with Hal Gill? Did he finally speak too much truth and the brass benched him?

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
20221121_204419.jpg

Reactions: bdub24

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
Joey just cost the team a PP situation. Stupid play.
Seeing the replay, it's frustrating that the ref didn't already have his arm up before Joey slashed that guy. Not excusing a stupid play, but it's also fair to assume that maybe Joey thought the refs were going to "let them play" and he stupidly retaliated

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Seeing the replay, it's frustrating that the ref didn't already have his arm up before Joey slashed that guy. Not excusing a stupid play, but it's also fair to assume that maybe Joey thought the refs were going to "let them play" and he stupidly retaliated

In that case, Joey would have drawn the only penalty and its still a stupid play on his part.

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
5 assists. That puts him t-6th in overall assists ... 3rd among forwards 5on5 assists. 4th in hits (2nd in hits per 60).
101, I love your insight, but I also think you are adhering to closely to statistics than results. Is any coach in the NHL game planning around Smith? Do you think he's a player that makes his teammates more effective offensively or defensively? I see a guy who is a plug - nothing more, nothing less. I fully agree with your view of putting the best players into situations they are well prepared to perform, but at this point, what makes him a difference maker on the ice for the Predators? Meanwhile, Trenin sits in the box, and this guy has proven to be reliable defensively and present an offensive threat. At least we could expect more than 4 assists from him in equal time.

Reactions: hockey diva
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad