Pre-Game Talk: It won't be a "Par-easy" win, need a good effort or will end up being "Zuckers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
You're right, I thought we might lose against Edmonton. We went on to let in 5 goals, and had to tie it up with 30 seconds to go, in a game we had no business winning.

Yeah, you sure got me. Really blew that prediction.

But the Oilers really deserved to win that game, right? :sarcasm: I don't get people saying they did not deserve to win. They got a big save when they needed it, they scored goals when they really needed them = they deserved to win to me. The Oilers did not do any of those things.

Tyler Biggs*

Leafs really must get back to what got them in the play-offs; strong fore-check, hitting and blocking shots. Not happening right now.

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
You're right, I thought we might lose against Edmonton. We went on to let in 5 goals, and had to tie it up with 30 seconds to go, in a game we had no business winning.

Yeah, you sure got me. Really blew that prediction.

Well I originally cross-posted and the point I was trying to make is that you're my personal groundhog and if you call for a leafs loss there's going to be four more weeks of winter... I mean... leafs are gonna win!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'm kind of glad that this is on Sportsnet (can't get it) and the next game is on leafs tv . I have more more week of Centre Ice for free before I have to decide if i want to spend 200 dollars on the whole thing. Telus keeps telling me I can't just BUY sportsnet ontario and expect to get leafs games LOL

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Despite the lack of team D over the first half a dozen games, we have shown some important winning traits. Obviously stellar goaltending is a must but what was really proof to me were the Edmonton and Ottawa games. The goaltending wasn't stellar and the skaters picked it up and scored for their goaltender. I think that it will be a stellar goaltending night against The Wild. 2-1 Leafs

Tyler Biggs*

Win is a win. Leafs are 5-1 and Clarkson isn't even back yet? Pretty awesome.

maple syrup

Nov 24, 2010
Main issue is our swiss cheese D, especially Franson. He was responsible for at least 3 goals against last game against Edmonton.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Could go either way, kind of hoping minny wins against buffalo so theyre not as hungry but buffalo's bound to win one of these days.

We look good though IMO, our D has been pretty soft, but our forwards have been fantastic and the goaltending has as well.

if the D tighten up we should win this game.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
this will truly be a win-win situation, regardless if we win.

If we lose - it takes the bloom off the rose a bit, and hammer it home that we need to play better in x-y-z and a-b-c etc

if we win. well we're 6-1.

win win.

Unless of course, the Leafs play better and lose. But then again, I guess that's kind of win in that they do play better but ...

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I'm kind of glad that this is on Sportsnet (can't get it) and the next game is on leafs tv . I have more more week of Centre Ice for free before I have to decide if i want to spend 200 dollars on the whole thing. Telus keeps telling me I can't just BUY sportsnet ontario and expect to get leafs games LOL

That's correct. Leaf games on Sportsnet Ontario are blacked out outside the Leafs broadcast region. Just as Flames and Oilers games are blacked out on Sportsnet West outside their shared broadcast region, and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad