Pre-Game Talk: It won't be a "Par-easy" win, need a good effort or will end up being "Zuckers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
We started 10-0 in 93. It wasn't that long ago.

Only 20 years which can be considered a generation or almost a generation (20-25 years is the generally agreed upon time). Not that long ago.

Unless you were being sarcastic. Hard to tell sometimes over the Internet.

Tyler Biggs*

We better get back to our hitting and aggressive style of play.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
Got a good feeling about this. They play the Sabres the night before so they should be a bit fatigued. Also hope they beat the Sabres so they aren't as hungry against us.

Keep calm and Corsi's wrong.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Leafs should win. B2B's can be brutal, and TO can be distracting for players. I'm guessing that the Wild have the territorial advantage, but the Leafs out score them.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Leafs should win. B2B's can be brutal, and TO can be distracting for players. I'm guessing that the Wild have the territorial advantage, but the Leafs out score them.

The game is in Toronto. Or do you mean something else and I'm not getting it?

leafstilldeath*

Minnesota is playing tomorrow, so since we will be rested and facing a tired team; I am hoping we can win this.

We won back to back and Ottawa gave us fits playing back to back would have lost that game if it wasn't for our goalie Bernier the boats.

wouldn't bank on it. Don't know whats going on with our buds they seem to be flat coming on to ice. Even the tv crew was complaining how refs were asking Randy for team being late to come on the ice for the 2nd period.

Do not know what the hell is going on just hope they get their heads out of their ***** and start playing strong games.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Longest Winning Streak to Start the Season
Overall: 10 games, by 1993–94 Toronto Maple Leafs and 2006–07 Buffalo Sabres

Of course unless you're over 25 highly unlikely you remember this. :p:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
this will truly be a win-win situation, regardless if we win.

If we lose - it takes the bloom off the rose a bit, and hammer it home that we need to play better in x-y-z and a-b-c etc

if we win. well we're 6-1.

win win.

Revolt

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto
Minny is coming into it on a back-to-back situation. But from my memory everytime the leafs are the rested team, we're the one's that start the game sloppy. Here's hoping that changes and we can put them away early.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I really think that the effect of playing on back-to-back nights is a little over stated in the NHL. In fact, I think that the team who played the night before actually has a bit of an advantage over a team that has been resting for a couple of days.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Wild are 15th. in the league right now.

Let's hope they win against the 30th. ranked Sabres and are happy about it.

Visitor | Home | Score | Opposition Rank |Result
Colorado | Toronto | FINAL: COL (2) - TOR (1) | 1st. |Loss
Edmonton | Toronto | FINAL: EDM (5) - TOR (6) OT | 25th. |Win
Ottawa | Toronto | FINAL: OTT (4) - TOR (5) S/O | 23rd. |Win
Toronto | Montréal | FINAL: TOR (4) - MTL (3) | 12th |Win
Toronto | Philadelphia | FINAL: TOR (3) - PHI (1) | 29th. |Win
Toronto | Nashville | FINAL: TOR (4) - NSH (0) | 22nd.|Win

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Who to start.

Bernier 3-1 against the Wild with 3 shutouts
Reimer 1-0 against Wild with 1 shutout

Carlyle might throw Reimer in to keep him fresh. Bernier was not stellar last game, but had a game saving save.

Either would be a good choice.

(OP - par-cheesy)

EitherOr

Oct 13, 2013
Toronto, Ont
The Wild might be coming off a back to back but we'd be making a mistake if we took them lightly and came out flat again in the first like we always do. They have some balance in their lineup. Parise, Koivu, Pominville up front. Some younger players in Coyle, Granlund, Brodin and some grit with Konopka, Mitchell, Cooke. Also a Norris Candidate on the blueline. They are starting to turn it around as a franchise.

Thinking Harding is in net though, good goaltender but not facing Backstrom is a plus.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
The Wild might be coming off a back to back but we'd be making a mistake if we took them lightly and came out flat again in the first like we always do. They have some balance in their lineup. Parise, Koivu, Pominville up front. Some younger players in Coyle, Granlund, Brodin and some grit with Konopka, Mitchell, Cooke. Also a Norris Candidate on the blueline. They are starting to turn it around as a franchise.

Thinking Harding is in net though, good goaltender but not facing Backstrom is a plus.

Is Backstrom injured?

Who is their starter is it still Backstrom?

I'd think their backup gets the Sabres and starter gets Leafs and they try and win both games.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Who to start.

Bernier 3-1 against the Wild with 3 shutouts
Reimer 1-0 against Wild with 1 shutout

Carlyle might throw Reimer in to keep him fresh. Bernier was not stellar last game, but had a game saving save.

Either would be a good choice.

(OP - par-cheesy)

Pretty funny that when we beat the Wild, they haven't scored on any of our goalies :sarcasm:

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Yeah, adding pominiville has really added a 2nd line to their attack, which along with their good star players and solid group of youngsters makes them a pretty solid team, and not overrated for once.

If they do have a weakness it mightbe goaltending. Backstrom is not what he used to be and harding is just a decent backup.

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
Oh really.... let's check your premonition on the oilers game....

Edit:

Well... or not.

You're right, I thought we might lose against Edmonton. We went on to let in 5 goals, and had to tie it up with 30 seconds to go, in a game we had no business winning.

Yeah, you sure got me. Really blew that prediction.

EitherOr

Oct 13, 2013
Toronto, Ont
Is Backstrom injured?

Who is their starter is it still Backstrom?

I'd think their backup gets the Sabres and starter gets Leafs and they try and win both games.

Backstrom is day to day with a knee strain. Apparently Mike Yeo rides him too much. Unsure of when hes coming back. They have recalled goaltender Darcy Kuemper until he gets back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad