Line Combos: It Is Decided - Opening Lineup

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
There should be some cuts soon, if not today.

Most teams are not still carrying as many as the Pens at this point. From what I am reading the only reason some still are on the team was three games so close together, in four days. Tomorrow night supposedly will be pretty close to the opening night roster.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
There should be some cuts soon, if not today.

Most teams are not still carrying as many as the Pens at this point. From what I am reading the only reason some still are on the team was three games so close together, in four days. Tomorrow night supposedly will be pretty close to the opening night roster.

It's three games in three days.

Wed roster has already been announced & it is not NHL caliber.

Crosby, Kessel, Perron, Bennett, Bonino, Dupuis

Sundqvist, Wilson, Rust, Sprong, Biggs, Sestito, Simon, Porter

Scuderi, Lovejoy

Pouliot, Warsofsky, Erixon, Gonchar

Fleury
Murray

After the game tomorrow so probably Thursday, I would expect cuts.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

Scuderi, Lovejoy, Pouliot

Warsofsky, Erixon, Gonchar

Fleury
Murray

If I had the time I would find that link I had read. Never believe anything on the internet, eh?

Saints11

Jan 24, 2012
Pittsburgh
MJ is totally convinced that Perron is a RW. He has stressed that all summer. Unfortunately, nothing Perron could do would change that opinion. That said, it seems like Kunitz is scheduled off Wednesday, so Perron may get his opportunity, that said MJ may choose to keep his designated third line of Dupuis--Bonino--Perron together. So we may see Bennett with 87 & 81.

Robongo01

May 13, 2013
Vancouver
No Clendening even as your #7? Has his preseason been that bad? His skating was absolutely terrible (mostly pivots) so is that holding him back? Thanks in advance

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh

Scuderi, Lovejoy

Pouliot, Warsofsky, Erixon, Gonchar

Fleury
Murray

I'd expect cuts either tonight after the game or Wednesday morning. Basically, any AHLers that are playing tonight but not tomorrow, thus their presence being redundant at this point with one game in the 3-in-3 left.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
If Perron is a RW'er on this team, I'm the ****ing Pope. Why can we not play wingers on their natural sides?

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
how is it that perron is on the 4th line?

from what I have read he was in great shape and was having a good camp?

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Pouliot getting sent down makes me think Clendening is staying for now. He's a good player and will fit well on the style of the Pens. Really a terrific PP guy. Hopefully he gets minutes there because he did well in the few games in Chicago where he was up and really was their best PP guy for a four or five game stretch before getting sent down. Vancouver didn't use him right. Hopefully he gets to make use of that skill here.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
how is it that perron is on the 4th line?

from what I have read he was in great shape and was having a good camp?

Perron just wasn't tried with Sid-Kessel enough or even given a shot with Geno-Hornqvist. Sid and Perron were only on the same roster twice, i think, this preseason.
For a lengthy 8 game preseason, coach didn't experiment nearly enough.

Theres a lot of potential roster shuffling though that will take place during this season imo.

Pouliot getting sent down makes me think Clendening is staying for now. He's a good player and will fit well on the style of the Pens. Really a terrific PP guy. Hopefully he gets minutes there because he did well in the few games in Chicago where he was up and really was their best PP guy for a four or five game stretch before getting sent down. Vancouver didn't use him right. Hopefully he gets to make use of that skill here.

The thing with our D is theres 2 guys who's play can drop off the map in Scuderi and Lovejoy.
Clendening could end up being anywhere between #5-#7 on the Pens depth chart.
Good oppurtunity for him.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I think Clendening earned a spot here. I'm sure we'll find out, but I have NO clue what Vancouver fans were talking about. None at all.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
barring major injuries to one of our top 4 forwards, Beau and Perron will not get a decent chance, this management and coaching team are married to old ideas and will do anything to prove them right even if that means losing games

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
Perron as a 3rd line RW is just a tragic waste of resources. But with this organization, it's not all that surprising. Keeping Chris Kunitz attached to a generational talent's hip is seemingly going to happen until he retires. And by that, I mean until Sid retires....

I think you're used to have Sutter as your third line center. I think Bonino and Perron are going to score a lot as they'll get the very easiest match-ups on road games.

Bonino is much better at using his line-mates than Sutter.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
I think you're used to have Sutter as your third line center. I think Bonino and Perron are going to score a lot as they'll get the very easiest match-ups on road games.

While I do agree with that, there is still no excuse for having Kunitz on the 1st line without even having so much as tried Perron there.

Sure, if Perron had 5 full pre-season games on the 1st line and stunk up the joint, I can "understand" an argument to keep Kunitz there (even if I didnt agree with it). But it is baffling, to say the least, that Kunitz was handed the spot and no one else was barely even tried.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

It's Kunitz being gifted a 1st line spot and Perron on the RW. Injuries seem to have temporarily taken care of the RW part.

Perron being the 3LW wouldn't be such a problem if the top 6 wasn't set for trouble.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Meh we should trade Kunitz for Semin, then run lines of Kessel, Bonito Bennet (the usa line... Duper, Crosby and perron (the canadian line) Polts, geno and semin (the russian line) and Hornqvist, Sundqvist, and sprong for the european line... it would suck but imagine the PR moves we could make....

and if we got rid of Letand and kept oli in the minors we could have a total USA born defense... shero would be so jealous

;)

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Meh we should trade Kunitz for Semin, then run lines of Kessel, Bonito Bennet (the usa line... Duper, Crosby and perron (the canadian line) Polts, geno and semin (the russian line) and Hornqvist, Sundqvist, and sprong for the european line... it would suck but imagine the PR moves we could make....

and if we got rid of Letand and kept oli in the minors we could have a total USA born defense... shero would be so jealous

;)

Letand and Bonito. Studs.

Malkum is a bum, I hear.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA