Pre-Game Talk: It’s almost time.... Habs @ Leafs | Wednesday @ 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Don't underestimate the new Habs trying to show that they mean business. They will play a more physical game to start their season, block lanes and try to grind out a win (Leafs D will have to be active).

This is the perfect first game for the Leafs, nostalgia aside. We will see if Leafs finally have a wolf pack mentality or not.

I'm not suggesting or anticipating anything more than the broader message that all understand when you have each others back in a scrum, not skating away as soon as it develops. Feeling that you are a team who can rely one another, not just a group of individuals.

I'm confident that Joe, Simmons and Bogo provide this important quality. Let's hope they all grow together.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Don't underestimate the new Habs trying to show that they mean business. They will play a more physical game to start their season, block lanes and try to grind out a win (Leafs D will have to be active).

This is the perfect first game for the Leafs, nostalgia aside. We will see if Leafs finally have a wolf pack mentality or not.

I'm not suggesting or anticipating anything more than the broader message that all understand when you have each others back in a scrum, not skating away as soon as it develops. Feeling that you are a team who can rely one another, not just a group of individuals.

I'm confident that Joe, Simmons and Bogo provide this important quality. Let's hope they all grow together.

I think the one thing I really want to see from the team is the "wolf pack" mentality you describe. I know full well there will be developmental ups and downs but you absolutely need to have that mentality. We aren't a bunch of bruisers or fighters but any time anyone does something questionable, you need all hands on deck letting people know it won't be tolerated. It's fine if you don't do it through a fight. Just do it by whatever means necessary. If that means a stick shiver to the chops, so be it. Just let them know. Opposition players need to know it won't go unchecked, teammates need to know people have their back. That attitude alone will drastically change our outcomes.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Can't believe the day is finally here! Looking forward to watching the boys back in action!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad