Pre-Game Talk: It’s almost time.... Habs @ Leafs | Wednesday @ 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It’s almost time!

Doubt anything changes from the standard lines we’ve seen. Perhaps Kerfoot is healthy enough to play. I assume we will see our waivers dump today.

expected lineup:

Thornton - Matthews - Marner
Vesey - Tavares - Nylander
Mikheyev - Engvall - Hyman
Barabanov - Spezza - Simmonds

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Lehtonen - Bogosian

Andersen
Campbell

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Im sure we, the team that is given the least amount of PP’s since forever, are suddenly going to be given power plays “like candy”

28th in the league since Matthew's rookie season.

The only teams lower are Vegas (a full season fewer), CBJ and ANA

However, in Montreal's defence they were 25th in that same timeframe.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Is it just me or is Montreal's defense incredibly underwhelming? They rave about it like its the best in the north division, but they're running out:
Chiarot-Weber
Edmunson-Petry
Kulak-Romanov
Mete.

Not to homer here, but that's definitely worse than ours imo.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Is it just me or is Montreal's defense incredibly underwhelming? They rave about it like its the best in the north division, but they're running out:
Chiarot-Weber
Edmunson-Petry
Kulak-Romanov
Mete.

They’re big and Weber is arguably the best between the two teams.

Depth, IMO, is especially crucial this year. The Leafs have some experience from 5 to 10, and I’m not sure anyone else in the conference does.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Chiarot-Weber
Edmunson-Petry
Kulak-Romanov
Mete.

I think it is you but we will find out soon. If Weber has not lost a step I like their top 4. Don't know much about Kulak and Romanov.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Going to see 2 different leagues this year. Old time hockey league in the north, where anything goes. And a powerplay league in the south, where the entire game is spent on the powerplay.
By old time hockey , do you mean pre 1995 NHL or 2019/20 nhl?

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Its funny how on their board their pumping Weber and Petry so hard in their PGT.

A healthy Rielly, with finally (hopefully) a good partner, i think we see him take another step this year.

Embarrassing to think Rielly's best partner has been... Ron Hainsey
Not saying they aren't good. They are. My defensive concerns are far from Rielly though.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The Habs board really is pumped eh.

There's some trying to say their top 6 is on par or even better than ours lol Some also trying to say that Allen + Price is >>>>>> Andersen + Campbell.

While it's certainly arguable Price + Allen is the better duo (statistically the past three seasons, that's not the case, it's certainly not >>>>>>).

Thankfully, there are even some Habs fans arguing against that.

I think our forwards are better. They probably have the better core six D on paper (though, if Lehtonen looks as advertised, and Brodie-Rielly mesh well, even that is arguable) and the goaltending is a wash, as both Price and Freddy have tendencies to be unreal one game, and then shit the next, and both Allen and Campbell are solid backups.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Chiarot-Weber
Edmunson-Petry
Kulak-Romanov
Mete.

I think it's a good group, but not exceptional by any means. I think our d will be able to move the puck up ice a lot better, and their d will be better than ours in their own end. I think our forwards are worlds apart from their forward group though which is the biggest gap when comparing the two teams.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
The Habs board really is pumped eh.

There's some trying to say their top 6 is on par or even better than ours lol Some also trying to say that Allen + Price is >>>>>> Andersen + Campbell.

While it's certainly arguable Price + Allen is the better duo (statistically the past three seasons, that's not the case, it's certainly not >>>>>>).

Thankfully, there are even some Habs fans arguing against that.

I think our forwards are better. They probably have the better core six D on paper (though, if Lehtonen looks as advertised, and Brodie-Rielly mesh well, even that is arguable) and the goaltending is a wash, as both Price and Freddy have tendencies to be unreal one game, and then shit the next, and both Allen and Campbell are solid backups.
This is delusional. Just to simplify it their best forward whoever you want to say that is (Gallagher? Suzuki? Tatar?) would be no better than our 5th best forward.

Reactions: Rob Brown and Cor

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Its funny how on their board their pumping Weber and Petry so hard in their PGT.

A healthy Rielly, with finally (hopefully) a good partner, i think we see him take another step this year.

Embarrassing to think Rielly's best partner has been... Ron Hainsey

No sure why so many Leaf fans care that Hab fans are bullish on their team. Afterall, this is the time of the season to be optimistic.

Rielly can be a dominant offence dman but he can never come close to what Weber was, true #1 shutdown dman, size, strength, smarts, howizer from the point, and mean streak. IMO he is the perfect partner for Rielly.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
This is delusional. Just to simplify it their best forward whoever you want to say that is (Gallagher? Suzuki? Tatar?) would be no better than our 5th best forward.

Habs to 4 no match for our top 4, however IMO they do not suffer as big a drop off between their top 6 and bottom 6 as we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad