I will never watch this team again
Some trades... "oh my!"
I can't wait for the next season ...

Some sense of normalcy at least.

Reactions: BrannigansLaw

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I only recently moved away from Montreal after 7 long years and don't like complimenting them, but I have to admit that I do think Montreal is probably the second best team in Canada now. Still think we're a tier ahead but this is a big game, they could very well be our toughest competition for the division title.

Matthews always scores opening night and he eats up Price. He's also still pissed about losing the Rocket by a goal in a premature ending. I expect him to have a big night.

Reactions: willmma

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I only recently moved away from Montreal after 7 long years and don't like complimenting them, but I have to admit that I do think Montreal is probably the second best team in Canada now. Still think we're a tier ahead but this is a big game, they could very well be our toughest competition for the division title.

Matthews always scores opening night and he eats up Price. He's also still pissed about losing the Rocket by a goal in a premature ending. I expect him to have a big night.

I will disagree whole hardly and this has nothing to do with the Leafs. Let' take Leafs out of the equation

Calgary and Vancouver made some solid acquisitions. Nate Schmidt is heck of a pick up and Calgary made some good changes

Josh Anderson can easily score 30 goals, he has done anything last year to prove that to be the case. Ottawa won't be easy to beat this year, they'll put good fight this year. They made some nice changes and in addition of few youngers they look promising.

Montreal doesn't a true finisher. Every other team in this Division does. Sure you can say Suzuki has that upside, but he's still a rookie. A lot of teams added some good Rookies

Matthews
Patterson
McDavid
Tavares
Drasaitl
Schiefele
JT Miller ( heck even he scored 72 points last year)

These are the centers Habs are against these year night in night out. You can get away with Denault and Tatar against these boys maybe 3 -4 times a year.
Habs don't have any answer to these Centers with their Centers.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
I will disagree whole hardly and this has nothing to do with the Leafs. Let' take Leafs out of the equation

Calgary and Vancouver made some solid acquisitions. Nate Schmidt is heck of a pick up and Calgary made some good changes

Josh Anderson can easily score 30 goals, he has done anything last year to prove that to be the case. Ottawa won't be easy to beat this year, they'll put good fight this year. They made some nice changes and in addition of few youngers they look promising.

Montreal doesn't a true finisher. Every other team in this Division does. Sure you can say Suzuki has that upside, but he's still a rookie. A lot of teams added some good Rookies

Matthews
Patterson
McDavid
Tavares
Drasaitl
Schiefele

These are the centers Habs are against these year night in night out. You can get away with Denault and Tatar against these boys maybe 3 -4 times a year.
The best part about Montreal being a middling bubble team (nowhere close to where their fans think they rank) is that they'll never be able to adequately build a cup champion team. They're the definition of a pretender as it stands today.

They won't finish low enough to actually draft a #1, but certainly won't win the division or have any real shot at the cup even if they do, due to the lack of an elite horse up front and no true high-end finishers. Kotkaniemi is a disappointment relative to where he was drafted and Suzuki would be the Leafs 5th* best forward, neither of which will be cup caliber 1Cs. Reminds me of the days we hoped that Kadri would solve our #1C woes while the Leafs finished mere points out of playoff contention, only to keep them locked in that purgatory of mediocrity.

Their anchors on defence are 35 and 33 years old with zero RHD depth to replace them moving forward. They're an afterthought in the division for me and it's hilarious that Habs fans consider this their "most complete roster" since 2008 because it's downhill from here.

Last edited:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Matthews
Patterson
McDavid
Tavares
Drasaitl
Schiefele

I am not sure their defense can match up either. They are big, but will Chiarot and Edmundson be able to handle guys like the ones you mentioned, plus Marner, Gaudreau, Tkachuk, Nylander, Ehlers, Laine, Connor, etc. They may be big and physical, but neither are particularly great at skating and I can see them getting torched by these guys on a regular basis.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
They won't finish low enough to actually draft a #1, but certainly won't win the division or have any real shot at the cup even if they do, due to the lack of an elite horse up front and no true high-end finishers. Kotkaniemi is a disappointment relative to where he was drafted and Suzuki would be the Leafs 4th best forward, neither of which will be cup caliber 1Cs. Reminds me of the days we hoped that Kadri would solve our #1C woes while the Leafs finished mere points out of playoff contention, only to keep them locked in that purgatory of mediocrity.

Their anchors on defence are 35 and 33 years old with zero RHD depth to replace them moving forward. They're an afterthought in the division for me and it's hilarious that Habs fans consider this their "most complete roster" since 2008 because it's downhill from here.

which one of our top 4 died?

also to be fair Montreal has drafted high a couple times, they're just really bad at it. Their 1st round picks have been atrocious on the whole and the best one was traded for another disappointment

feels good to say that after mildly praising them earlier

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
which one of our top 4 died?

also to be fair Montreal has drafted high a couple times, they're just really bad at it. Their 1st round picks have been atrocious on the whole and the best one was traded for another disappointment

feels good to say that after mildly praising them earlier
Yeah they really overthought their 3rd overall pick. Could have came away with Tkachuk or Hughes.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
I can't wait for...

The first game tomorrow
Some wins to give me hope
Some losses
October Andersen
Leaf haters to tell us the team sucks
Leaf fans to tell us the team sucks
The media to tell us the team sucks
Friends and family tell me 1967
Leafs going on a slump
Injuries
Some wins
Are we going to make the playoffs?
Charts and probabilities to make the playoffs
Finally make the playoffs
Everybody and their brother tells us we haven't won a series in forever
"But we should beat this team"
"You lost to Columbus"
I whole heartedly believe we will win
Screw the naysayers
The leafs lose the series
Break my heart
Some trades... "oh my!"

this reads like an xkcd comic
Seven Years

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
Habs are overrated garbage. Quite easily second worst team in the division. Leafs are going to bring them back down to earth real quick.

Guessing we'll put up 5+ goals tonight.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Now that it’s game day I can get fired up.

LETS F’N GO BOYS, WIPE THE FLOORS WITH THIS OVERRATED GARBAGE TEAM

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
I can't wait for...

The first game tomorrow
Some wins to give me hope
Some losses
October Andersen
Leaf haters to tell us the team sucks
Leaf fans to tell us the team sucks
The media to tell us the team sucks
Friends and family tell me 1967
Leafs going on a slump
Injuries
Some wins
Are we going to make the playoffs?
Charts and probabilities to make the playoffs
Finally make the playoffs
Everybody and their brother tells us we haven't won a series in forever
"But we should beat this team"
"You lost to Columbus"
I whole heartedly believe we will win
Screw the naysayers
The leafs lose the series
Break my heart
Some trades... "oh my!"
This made me laugh, but also caused me profound sorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad