Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk PART XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
Bellows is not eligible for AHL next year is he? It will be interesting to see how the Isles approach his situation next season.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Bellows is eligible for the AHL.

I think he'll be in the AHL. Barzal benefitted from another year in the WHL when it seemed he had nothing left to prove but if I recall correctly, he was not eligible to play in the AHL.

Bridgeport also lacks a high end scorer, St.Denis led the team with 23 goals, which was not even good enough to crack the top-20 in AHL Regular Season scoring.

I could see Bellows making a real impact in the A this year and even getting called up later on if we deal with any injuries on the LW.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
We really need to find out what we have in Bellows early on next season. Him and Ho-Sang should get plenty of opportunity in camp to separate themselves.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
We really need to find out what we have in Bellows early on next season. Him and Ho-Sang should get plenty of opportunity in camp to separate themselves.

Islanders need to sign an AHL career center to play with both

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
I disagree anybody who wants a successful prospect system should invest in top end AHL career players

Which is why Wilkes-Barre Scranton and Hershey are successful almost every year. WBS hasn't missed the playoffs since 2002! Just look at the success if their parent teams. Because if prospects develop a winning culture early it historically leads to success at the next level.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
I agree.
It was more of a jab at MDC being a career AHL player than a way to put a good C with the Bellows and Ho Sang

MDC is a guy like Moulson. He gets into areas and finishes plays. That's why he was productive when paired with JHS at the Bridge. Other than JHS there is nothing but garbage down there. A complimentary player is not going to drive the offense plain and simple.

Unless there is something drastically done I suspect Bellows may have a similar issue but on a smaller scale.

Player utilization in Bridgeport is pathetic. That's why this team fails to actually develop anyone down there.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
MDC is a guy like Moulson. He gets into areas and finishes plays. That's why he was productive when paired with JHS at the Bridge. Other than JHS there is nothing but garbage down there. A complimentary player is not going to drive the offense plain and simple.

Hm, 15 goals, then 7 goals in two AHL seasons.

I'm seriously doubting that the Isles are FAILING him by not having Ho-Sang on his line enough. There are other guys down there who can pass or shoot a puck.

Had he put up 25-30 his rookie year with 60+ games played with Ho-Sang, then dropped to 7-10 without him, then you could make that connection and argument.

In any case, he's basically behind EVERY SINGLE first rounder taken in his draft year.

Reactions: Riseonfire

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I think Juniors were too easy for MDC and he flattened out and now struggling to improve.

He was 100% a player who would have benefitted from playing in the AHL early.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
I think Juniors were too easy for MDC and he flattened out and now struggling to improve.

He was 100% a player who would have benefitted from playing in the AHL early.
the 4 games I saw this kid play at the NHL level he looked like a boy playing timid not to mention cement being in his skates. Hope he can improve but man it looks bleak...

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Hm, 15 goals, then 7 goals in two AHL seasons.

I'm seriously doubting that the Isles are FAILING him by not having Ho-Sang on his line enough. There are other guys down there who can pass or shoot a puck.

Had he put up 25-30 his rookie year with 60+ games played with Ho-Sang, then dropped to 7-10 without him, then you could make that connection and argument.

In any case, he's basically behind EVERY SINGLE first rounder taken in his draft year.

If you want to look at a top level down then yea I agree. But as someone who has been following his and JHS' games for a good majority they were kept separate. When they were put together they produced.

Yea there are other guys that can pass/shoot. But realistically look at the hockey sense of the forwards down there. Fritz, St. Denis, Bailey, Bernier. None of them has much hockey sense for that level. They are all grinders who chemistry wise wouldn't know what to do playing with that type of player.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I think MDC is like Nelson..an opportunist and can't create their own plays which is why he did well with Ho-Sang..because JHS can create plays. Nelson was the reason the third line bombed..He played with people who couldn't create plays and he can't either...so it was a lot cause. I bet most, if not all of his goals were when other players were on the ice creating plays for him.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
I think MDC is like Nelson..an opportunist and can't create their own plays which is why he did well with Ho-Sang..because JHS can create plays. Nelson was the reason the third line bombed..He played with people who couldn't create plays and he can't either...so it was a lot cause. I bet most, if not all of his goals were when other players were on the ice creating plays for him.

You said exactly what I'm trying to say. MDC isn't a creator and that is fine. But he can finish off everyone else's plays and you need that on a line.

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
You said exactly what I'm trying to say. MDC isn't a creator and that is fine. But he can finish off everyone else's plays and you need that on a line.
Likely the fourth the way hes played. He needs to be working his tail off this summer because this is likely it. He wont get another year here if he even makes it out of camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad