Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk PART XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
David Quennville so far in the WHL playoffs 4gp 3g 6a 9pts +3

Pretty damn good. The next highest scorer on his team is a forward with 6pts.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
What the hell is going on with Barzal?

Mumps

I remember when I had the mumps I basically was stuck in my house for like 2 weeks. All that being said in theory they shouldn't be an issue when you actually break out(from what I read you are only contagious for like 2-3 days before you break out)

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Mumps

I remember when I had the mumps I basically was stuck in my house for like 2 weeks. All that being said in theory they shouldn't be an issue when you actually break out(from what I read you are only contagious for like 2-3 days before you break out)

Wow I actually forgot.

Team is doing just fine without him too, Koesler dude is putting up points. Looking forward to seeing how he does once he back, I think this is a team that could compete in the memorial cup.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Wow I actually forgot.

Team is doing just fine without him too, Koesler dude is putting up points. Looking forward to seeing how he does once he back, I think this is a team that could compete in the memorial cup.

They just lucky they finished high so they face a lesser team(the team Parker Wotherspoon plays for actually). They will need him back sooner or later.

As I said just going from my memory when I had the mumps I felt like crap for a few days but the second I broke out I felt fine, I just looked like I had a pizza face(and it was more vanity then how I felt physically why I didn't leave my house during that period)

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
They just lucky they finished high so they face a lesser team(the team Parker Wotherspoon plays for actually). They will need him back sooner or later.

As I said just going from my memory when I had the mumps I felt like crap for a few days but the second I broke out I felt fine, I just looked like I had a pizza face(and it was more vanity then how I felt physically why I didn't leave my house during that period)

Well then hopefully he comes back soon then. I think he missed a few regular season games as well.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Well then hopefully he comes back soon then. I think he missed a few regular season games as well.

Actually I am wrong I had Measles now that I think about it not mumps, (just did a google search) mumps looks way worse. Measels like I said just gave me a pizza face for a couple weeks

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
Mono could also be a while. These long term illnesses really scare me. Ike Davis was never the same after his bout with whatever weird illness he had. They take a lot out of you, you drop a lot of weight, it's just not good news.

Flair19Woo

Nov 10, 2006
Mono could also be a while. These long term illnesses really scare me. Ike Davis was never the same after his bout with whatever weird illness he had. They take a lot out of you, you drop a lot of weight, it's just not good news.

Ike Davis was never the same after his ankle injury in my opinion.

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT

It knocked me out for a good 2 weeks. I ended up dropping 10 pounds and you feel so weak. So mono is very serious.

In Barzal's case I hope he's resting and working out regaining his strength.

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
You hope he is resting AND working out?

What I meant is if he's rested and over mono he's going to need to be skating and in the gym. You can't really go back to playing hockey right after being over the mono, you need to re-condition back to game shape. If he doesn't he will be lethargic and get thrown around.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY

Ike Davis had Valley Fever.... and a ****** upright batting stance giving opposing pitchers a strike zone the size of Texas.

isles93

Jul 8, 2006
New York
What I meant is if he's rested and over mono he's going to need to be skating and in the gym. You can't really go back to playing hockey right after being over the mono, you need to re-condition back to game shape. If he doesn't he will be lethargic and get thrown around.

Sorry, I was just messing with you. I knew what you meant.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY

I remember Tyler Toffoli having mono with the Kings and he ended up just fine. Barzal will be fine. He's got a lot of drive to get back in shape and do what he's gotta do.

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
I'm going to say I feel confident that Doyle Somerby will not be signed. I feel that if we had any intent of signing him that he would've been to Bridgeport on an ATO.

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
Looks like MVS and London rallied back from being down 3-1 to Windsor to come back take the final 3 games and advance to the 2nd round.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
I'm going to say I feel confident that Doyle Somerby will not be signed. I feel that if we had any intent of signing him that he would've been to Bridgeport on an ATO.

I'll be shocked if an NHL team uses a roster spot on him. He'll probably get an ahl team deal.

gramatanboy

Aug 2, 2005
Westport

If you go to the prospect boards under college fa you will find a tweet from a Boston based sports writer that stated that Somerby has opted to explore UFA status in mid August. Not sure if the Islanders offered him a contract or not after BU' season ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad