Speculation: Isles Moving AGAIN Speculation Part II????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
M&L are smart enough to realize that the fanbase will shrink and shrink in small increments each year that the team is away from it's home.

Those on here who say Long Island can not support a team forget to consider that for the last 15 years at least that they were in the NVMC the team sucked! And the Arena SUCKED!

A good team and a great 15,500 seat arena would sell out every night or at least 14,500.

I'd be happy to hear from a fan on here who is from Brooklyn and became a fan after they moved to BC. I won't hold my breath.

I am from Queens but live 20 mins from the Barclays and last season ive been to more games in one year then I ever did at Nassau.

I went cause it was close and above all..THEY WERE WINNING!!

When we were a lottery joke every year YOU Nassau/Suffolk Fans barely cracked 8k a night.

At Barclays even if we become a lottery team we will sell out regardless who shows up or not. BK is the future and BK is Home!!

The Isles got a really good team and other then Capuano/Weight behind the bench again I am optimistic and believe we will make the playoffs and can really make a run for it. Instead I come here or go on social media and see the same ***** complaining on and on about how much they miss Nassau. I dont.. I hated the coliseum. It was a dump.

I say this to everyone who complains.. If you dont like it. Stay Home! You will be replaced.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
[/B]

I am from Queens but live 20 mins from the Barclays and last season ive been to more games in one year then I ever did at Nassau.

I went cause it was close and above all..THEY WERE WINNING!!

When we were a lottery joke every year YOU Nassau/Suffolk Fans barely cracked 8k a night.

At Barclays even if we become a lottery team we will sell out regardless who shows up or not. BK is the future and BK is Home!!

The Isles got a really good team and other then Capuano/Weight behind the bench again I am optimistic and believe we will make the playoffs and can really make a run for it. Instead I come here or go on social media and see the same ***** complaining on and on about how much they miss Nassau. I dont.. I hated the coliseum. It was a dump.

I say this to everyone who complains.. If you dont like it. Stay Home! You will be replaced.

The first three home games this season are going for $24 (Opening Night), $11, and $13 (Friday night game) on Stub Hub.

You will be replaced!!! :sarcasm:

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
[/B]At Barclays even if we become a lottery team we will sell out regardless who shows up or not. BK is the future and BK is Home!!

In what world are you living?

The current Isles are FAR from a lottery team, and they are FAR from selling out now.

BC is the current, b/c we have no other choice. It was the last resort -- plain and simple.

Bert Marshall days

Oct 31, 2006
denis - if you haven't seen this yet you'll enjoy it. I did -

http://emma.msrb.org/ES809299-ES635500-ES1030863.pdf

I saw it 2 weeks before lazy Baumbach at Newsday took info from it to write his recent article. Wonder what took him so long?

I've heard Barclays is very happy with the current NYI deal. They're making a ton of money especially on suites which do better than the Nets & from their corporate support and the big winner is sponsorships. They only need 9K people at games to turn a profit. That's a given. Gonna be hard to let NYI leave. If anything I see the contract adjusted to allow more than the 1.5% annual increase.

Bert Marshall days

Oct 31, 2006
If anyone is a member of the Facebook group "Bring The Islanders Home" .......

Sounds like a bunch of real MENSA members there. :sarcasm:

M&L are smart enough to realize that the fanbase will shrink and shrink in small increments each year that the team is away from it's home.

Those on here who say Long Island can not support a team forget to consider that for the last 15 years at least that they were in the NVMC the team sucked! And the Arena SUCKED!

A good team and a great 15,500 seat arena would sell out every night or at least 14,500.

I'd be happy to hear from a fan on here who is from Brooklyn and became a fan after they moved to BC. I won't hold my breath.

LOL. Maybe if NYI was 1st place in the league, only played on saturdays or holidays, was it's last season there and played a popular team some would occasionally show up. Other than that an arena on LI would always be half empty. History proved it. M&L were smart enough not to buy NYI on LI and not to build an arena there and paid tons for them when they moved to NYC. Fans from BROOKLYN who became a fan after they moved to BC don't hang out at HF. But 4K of them bought season tix.

Unlike this on LI -

alg_nassau_coliseum.jpg

As for who talks about Brooklyn being dangerous, I'll give you one guess:

Bones again!
NYPD called it gang related. Lovely.
I don't recall anything like this happening close to the arena in Nassau, do you? Surely a good pre-game selection of food and beer is more important than security and not worrying about crime.
Got it.

"More Bones!

Still Bones!

I have no issues regarding my safety in going to Barclays arena as i am 6'4", 220. BUT
If you know Long Islanders well enough -- its a safe bet.... that the proximity of the arena to Bed Stuy and other high crime areas is NOT a positive. Don't make a wrong turn. Nobody has mentioned it, and I even had posts removed when I did.
PS: And before someone mentions the crime rate around Uniondale, don't. Hempstead is high crime, but is 3-4 miles west of the Coli. Uniondale isnt great, but you take your car into a gated area and then drive away at the end of the game. Driving to the Coli vs taking mass transit to Brooklyn are very different."

So it's not about Barclays at all. Bones is just a racist and basically is saying many LIers are as well. Just as I thought. Plus he lied and said he never said that when I asked about it. Nice.

And the barclays center has moved them far enough west as to shrink the fanbase.

You mean the small fanbase that kicked them out of nassau and had crap attendance for most of the 40 years there? You're worried about a small fanbase who didn't care shrinking?

there are like 5-6 posters on this board that genuinely really like the barclays. They post alot though

There are like thousands that generally really like Barclays that never heard of HF. They pay to go to games.

The first three home games this season are going for $24 (Opening Night), $11, and $13 (Friday night game) on Stub Hub.

You will be replaced!!! :sarcasm:

You do realize that StubHub tix are tix that already have been sold and Barclays has already gotten full price by those who paid for them right? You do realize that Barclays has replaced the dumpiseum? You've been replaced. Your criteria is as dopey as your M.O. Reality, what a concept.

BC is the current, b/c we have no other choice. It was the last resort -- plain and simple.

New owners paid a fortune for that "last resort". The dumpiseum was no resort - plain & simple.

I think it's cute when the 2-3 pro LIers talk tough like NYI wasn't an embarrassment on LI's watch. And that NYI will return to that embarrassment. I think it's even cuter when some posters who haven't gotten 1 thing right in 10 years are still here making predictions. That's entertainment.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
Sounds like a bunch of real MENSA members there. :sarcasm:

LOL. Maybe if NYI was 1st place in the league, only played on saturdays or holidays, was it's last season there and played a popular team some would occasionally show up. Other than that an arena on LI would always be half empty. History proved it. M&L were smart enough not to buy NYI on LI and not to build an arena there and paid tons for them when they moved to NYC. Fans from BROOKLYN who became a fan after they moved to BC don't hang out at HF. But 4K of them bought season tix.

Unlike this on LI -

alg_nassau_coliseum.jpg

"More Bones!

Still Bones!

I have no issues regarding my safety in going to Barclays arena as i am 6'4", 220. BUT
If you know Long Islanders well enough -- its a safe bet.... that the proximity of the arena to Bed Stuy and other high crime areas is NOT a positive. Don't make a wrong turn. Nobody has mentioned it, and I even had posts removed when I did.
PS: And before someone mentions the crime rate around Uniondale, don't. Hempstead is high crime, but is 3-4 miles west of the Coli. Uniondale isnt great, but you take your car into a gated area and then drive away at the end of the game. Driving to the Coli vs taking mass transit to Brooklyn are very different."

So it's not about Barclays at all. Bones is just a racist and basically is saying many LIers are as well. Just as I thought. Plus he lied and said he never said that when I asked about it. Nice.

You mean the small fanbase that kicked them out of nassau and had crap attendance for most of the 40 years there? You're worried about a small fanbase who didn't care shrinking?

There are like thousands that generally really like Barclays that never heard of HF. They pay to go to games.

You do realize that StubHub tix are tix that already have been sold and Barclays has already gotten full price by those who paid for them right? You do realize that Barclays has replaced the dumpiseum? You've been replaced. Your criteria is as dopey as your M.O. Reality, what a concept.

New owners paid a fortune for that "last resort". The dumpiseum was no resort - plain & simple.

I think it's cute when the 2-3 pro LIers talk tough like NYI wasn't an embarrassment on LI's watch. And that NYI will return to that embarrassment. I think it's even cuter when some posters who haven't gotten 1 thing right in 10 years are still here making predictions. That's entertainment.

Enjoy your last couple of years at Barclays...

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I've seen about enough of this. We'll re-open if there is any more news on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad