Confirmed with Link: Isles Hire Lou Lamoriello as President of Hockey Operations.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY

Don't know anything about the guy but if Lou Lams wants him in-house, I say good move. Obviously HC/Assistants, potential GM, and scouts seem like more pressing matters for non-player transactions but I trust Lou's process.....#InLouWeTrust

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Reactions: SI90

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Sounds good. Gotta wrangle out of the Ladd deal somehow. Maybe he hurts himself wrestling wild reptiles in the offseason or something.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Steve was the devils cap guy under Lou. He was basically the one that structured the Kovalchuk contract that the league went after

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
There's also Claude Loiselle, Kerry Gwydir and whatever role Snow has. That's five "assistants" to Lou. Crowded front office...

As opposed to the ghost town the front office has been for the last few years.

And I doubt that Snow will have any involvement with hockey ops. They're basically paying him to ask him where the coffee filters are in the office kitchen.

Reactions: Lt Dan Ice Cream

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
This has been the best 30 days as an Islander fan in over a decade. If I had a heart I'd probably cry.

This light feeling that the isles organisation is moving in the right direction, is a pretty nice feeling.

I just hope Lou can close the deal with Tavares. Not only because we have a stronger team with Tavares on it, but also because of how distressed the Canadian fanboys in the media are over the news Tavares is working on an extension.

DaMick

at least we got D
Dec 10, 2003
Purgatory
Visit site
This light feeling that the isles organisation is moving in the right direction, is a pretty nice feeling.

I just hope Lou can close the deal with Tavares. Not only because we have a stronger team with Tavares on it, but also because of how distressed the Canadian fanboys in the media are over the news Tavares is working on an extension.

Lord knows this franchise needs some good news.
Lou was a good step,getting his cap guru another one..

Garth announced as the new director hot dog sales would make this truly the best month in years

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
Lord knows this franchise needs some good news.
Lou was a good step,getting his cap guru another one..

Garth announced as the new director hot dog sales would make this truly the best month in years

What...and bring in some second rate dogs, stale buns and designer toppings????

Reactions: DaMick

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
There's also Claude Loiselle, Kerry Gwydir and whatever role Snow has. That's five "assistants" to Lou. Crowded front office...

Not crowded at all

Lou has the big office, Snow is sitting on a milk crate next to the loading dock playing angry birds on his phone.

Reactions: seafoam

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Have there been any rumblings (besides Conte) about some of LL’s ppl he’s going to bring in, or whether he plans to expand the staff?

Think this is a real important area; as NYI could use improvement in the drafting dept. Drafting is the core of team building; and they’ve missed on a lot of picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad