Dreger: Islanders interested in Hanifin

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Pretty well exactly as stated. The segment started talking about the return Zadorov got and the Leafs likely would have had to pay more due to the ownership not wanting to help Treliving. Then he started talking about other defense targets around the league.

Along with this, he also said he heard teams asking about Ristolainen due to his strong play this season and a few other small things I can't remember.
I get that Lou would be interested, just not sure how the Isles do it cap wise, with Dobson and Romanov getting raises soon too. Hanifin is getting paid. Guess Lou would be looking at it like… he’ll just make a move when forced to.

It would make the Isles really hard to play against in a 7 game series. Don’t think it’s gonna be easy getting him though. The Isles have picks, but other teams have better packages they’ll try and push. Vegas is a team nobody thinks about on Hanifin, but I wouldn’t count them out. At all…. Obviously the Leafs and Detroit would also be interested, as they were during the summer, and wouldn’t count out the Blackhawks on him specifically.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Maybe Pelech for Hanafin.

Islanders get what I would consider the better player but Calgary gets a guy with Term

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
I get that Lou would be interested, just not sure how the Isles do it cap wise, with Dobson and Romanov getting raises soon too. Hanifin is getting paid. Guess Lou would be looking at it like… he’ll just make a move when forced to.

It would make the Isles really hard to play against in a 7 game series. Don’t think it’s gonna be easy getting him though. The Isles have picks, but other teams have better packages they’ll try and push. Vegas is a team nobody thinks about on Hanifin, but I wouldn’t count them out. At all…. Obviously the Leafs and Detroit would also be interested, as they were during the summer, and wouldn’t count out the Blackhawks on him specifically.
Maybe the Islanders can include Romanov in the trade and Calgary can retain cap.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
How does Dreger know? Someone's waking up with a horse's head tomorrow. Lou doesn't like leaks.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Maybe the Islanders can include Romanov in the trade and Calgary can retain cap.
That’s the name I was thinking about. In fact, it might be the only way they get Hanifin, in comparison to what other teams can offer on the prospect front. Calgary is gonna want an NHL dman, and a blue line prospect. Maybe though, if they like Romanov enough, they could lesson than push for a blue line prospect. Other teams will likely have that better prospect to send, but it would likely be more of an established middle of the road, veteran Dman coming.

So there’s a deal to be made if Calgary likes Romanov. At least I would think so.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Can’t get a second for Tofolli or Zadorov.

Obviously Hanifin is in another universe as those players but I shudder to think about what he gets in this deal.

If Conroy f***s up the deal that badly then he doesn't deserve his job. I don't think Conny is an idiot but he should know that another deal that looks bad will have him on the hotseat with the fanbase even if it doesn't with ownership.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
No way on Romanov .. isles gave up a first to get him , he is only like 23 years old , has another season after this at 2.5 mill and is a RFA after the 23-24 season , he’s right on track getting better as he gets more games ,and he is a big hitter …He is not going anywhere

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Conroy would literally get pansted by Lou in any Hanifin deal, 1) the Isles don't have much to offer 2) other less vet GM's have hosed him in trades like Fitz/Alvin in the Toffoli and Zadarov deals. I shutter to think what Lou would do to Conroy in a trade considering that's still Lou's best GMing skill

Reactions: MikeyMike01

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad