Speculation: Islanders General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Canes have a new owner,

Canes new owner comes across as a meddler. He says he wants the Canes playing a more physical style. Lee is exactly the type of PF he wants
In that case,you would be the one SOL.

ROR tells the press he is tired of losing ,lost passion for the game. Are the tearing it down to rebuild again Canes,really adding that attitude to a young locker room?
Everyone says they covet ROR. The main reason a deal probably hasn't been done already is that he is due a $7 million bonus on July 1st and Carolina doesn't want to be on the hook for it. I am praying that wrecks any trade because trading ROR would be a disaster.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
It says "2020" and has an armored car backing up to a bank.
I know this is a joke, but let's be fair to Sorokin who is making over a million and barely paying any taxes on that salary. He would then need to buyout his own contract - over 2 million $ to then sign a .875K ELC for two years with no guarantee of playing in the NHL, and if he needs to play in the AHL he would be paid 60 K.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I know this is a joke, but let's be fair to Sorokin who is making over a million and barely paying any taxes on that salary. He would then need to buyout his own contract - over 2 million $ to then sign a .875K ELC for two years with no guarantee of playing in the NHL, and if he needs to play in the AHL he would be paid 60 K.
Correct that it was a joke and I'm not being critical of sorokin in any way. Totally understandable.

Reactions: SI and IODCPiper

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
I want the Isles to hire Patrick Fischer, the headcoach of Switzerland national team. Let’s try something new. A few European coaches are for sure better than the average NHL coach.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Wrong - In this case foresight was 20/20.

Name a good GM that would hire Doug Weight over Gallant.
Nobody ever expected this run by Vegas but ye of course probably most GMs would have taken Gallant over Weight. This kind of reminds me when little Leicester City came from nowhere to win the English Premier League.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Vegas has shown that a fresh start can go a long way for NHL players.

Look at what it did for Eberle, Hall, etc.

Obviously the guy has to be good, but it works.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
The same people wishing for Gallant right now, would be the same people complaining about "same old country club Isles, recycling the same old garbage" after he predictably brought the same team to a similar conclusion.

Reactions: PWJunior

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
I disagree. That series was won because JT was JT and Greiss put up a .923 SV%.
I was at game 3 and the team was dead and buried after Florida scored the fourth goal. Credit to the coaching staff for the challenge that close call. changed the series as the islanders were being dominated in that game up until the negated goal.

Reactions: gordie43

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
To think we couidve had this tandem here. That said, they were put in a position to succeed w the expansion arrangement. Fixing NYI would have been a whole ‘nother beast. Though it’s safe to say McPhee/Gallant >> Snow/weight.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The same people wishing for Gallant right now, would be the same people complaining about "same old country club Isles, recycling the same old garbage" after he predictably brought the same team to a similar conclusion.
If the team had hired Gallant he literally would've been the first coach they had hired with any experience since Nolan, and the first credible coach Garth would've ever hired.

Reactions: periferal and beach

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
If the team had hired Gallant he literally would've been the first coach they had hired with any experience since Nolan, and the first credible coach Garth would've ever hired.

Before he was in Florida, where he didn't accomplish anything, he was the assistant for possibly the worst HC this team has ever had. And that is saying a lot. Not to mention, he employs a system we were trying to get far away from which was employed to better effect by the man who was just run out of town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad