GDT: Islanders @ Ducks 7 PM PT Hyperbole Edition!

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
disgusting. Bernier won the game. zebras took it back. heck even ray charles could have seen that Bernier's pads were pushed over the line.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
The frustrating thing is that based on the replay, the ref didn't even see it go in. He responded to seeing the puck in the net after the play was over.

That isn't someone who should be reviewing their own call.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Point stolen by the refs. Pretty bad.

But the Ducks also only managed 2 goals against a pretty poor team playing their backup. That too is unacceptable.

Pathiic

Mar 13, 2014
Norway

But the Ducks also only managed 2 goals against a pretty poor team playing their backup. That too is unacceptable.

Greiss isnt really a backup anymore, he's fully capable of being the starter of Islanders .

But honestly seeing Bernier **** up on those shootouts didnt really help, despite being good in the match before that point.
His poke check was baffling, literally poked 1 meter ahead of the puck and a simple 5hole goal went in for example

Oct 18, 2011

I don't disagree but the ducks had some pretty bad luck, kase alone hit 2 posts, silf beat him in OT and the puck just managed not to go in. but still the islanders are not good this is a team you should beat at home

TheIceman93

Apr 11, 2016
Disgusting. The refs practically spoon fed them an extra point with at least two bogus power plays and I don't even know where to start with that last call. Why wasn't that reviewed in Toronto? I have no doubt that if it had been, we would have left with two points tonight.

We're gonna be stuck at 22 points for a while guys. Next up is Chicago, San Jose and Montreal. Yup, this blows.

Oct 18, 2011
Disgusting. The refs practically spoon fed them an extra point with at least two bogus power plays and I don't even know where to start with that last call. Why wasn't that reviewed in Toronto? I have no doubt that if it had been, we would have left with two points tonight.

We're gonna be stuck at 22 points for a while guys. Next up is Chicago, San Jose and Montreal. Yup, this blows.
And they didn't call Lee running over Bernier in the 3rd after those two awful calls either...

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
A lot of officiating in most major sports is flawed. Refs won't ever admit being wrong, even after replay and the league, in some cases states a bad call, but the red never comes and admits it ever. Possibly years later in some assisted living facility they come clean.

The other problem is bias. Refs are so thin skinned that once they dislike a player or team they will always make bad calls against that player or team. I actually believe they don't even realize it as the years go on it becomes so ingrained that the ref is oblivious to it.

The Ducks have gotten bad calls against them and no calls for them for years. It has gotten to the point where it isn't even fun to watch the games anymore. Even when they play well, there is usually a call or two that change the momentum and potentially the outcome of the game. The league has favorites and those teams/players get a pass. Unfortunately the Ducks are just collateral damage in the NHL's view of their world. I'm sure they are still steaming over the Red Wings losing to them in '07.

John

Oct 18, 2011
the ref admitted to randy he couldn't see when the puck crossed the line

so how can he determine goalie interference did not take place before it went in?

LOL

TheIceman93

Apr 11, 2016
I remember hearing somewhere that a number of refs hate the Ducks because some of our more prominent players were known and are still known for complaining a lot about calls and arguing with them.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I remember hearing somewhere that a number of refs hate the Ducks because some of our more prominent players were known and are still known for complaining a lot about calls and arguing with them.

I don't like it when people use this as an argument. Like 90% of star players argue and complain about calls a lot in every major sport.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
FWIW, the situation room did review it...

The obvious/wrong determination would be that the puck was never visible on camera so they couldn't know when it entered the net and therefore couldn't over rule the on ice call. I don't agree, but that's the bottom line to the horse **** call.

As I said on the main board, that just emphasizes how bad a call it was from the ref. He never saw the puck cross the line. You can tell from the replay. What he saw was the puck in the net afterwards, and he called it a goal.

For that rule to completely overshadow any and all common sense regarding the play, is ****ing stupid. This was a case where it shouldn't matter what the ref said/called. It was obvious what happened.

TheIceman93

Apr 11, 2016
I don't like it when people use this as an argument. Like 90% of star players argue and complain about calls a lot in every major sport.

I agree, I'm just trying to figure out what it is about the Ducks that pisses refs off so much. Every game, we are subjected to a litany of BS calls. There is a reason why our PP kill is one of the best in the league, the refs love to give us practice. There were a number of blatant Isles penalties that the refs completely ignored while they happily gave them 4 min of man advantage for absolutely no reason (Getz/Ritchie Calls).

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I feel bad for Kase. He was the hero of the shootout.

Edit: Well, Bernier was, actually, but that would have been a cool moment for Kase.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Glad to see Kase doing well, called him as an early sleeper when season started. Definitely needs to add some weight.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I agree, I'm just trying to figure out what it is about the Ducks that pisses refs off so much. Every game, we are subjected to a litany of BS calls. There is a reason why our PP kill is one of the best in the league, the refs love to give us practice. There were a number of blatant Isles penalties that the refs completely ignored while they happily gave them 4 min of man advantage for absolutely no reason (Getz/Ritchie Calls).

I think every fan feels this way about their team. We naturally focus on it more because we are a fan of that specific team.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
An overtime the Ducks didn`t lose - it will be talked about for generations :sarcasm:

Did not see the game but looks like refs blew it. I read on twitter that Kase had a solid game and came close to score and was one of our most dangerous players. How much of that is true?

TheIceman93

Apr 11, 2016
I think every fan feels this way about their team. We naturally focus on it more because we are a fan of that specific team.

Maybe, but we watch a ton of hockey at my house, not just the Ducks and I see more bogus calls against the Ducks than any other team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad