Is this the youngest Habs team you have seen in your lifetime?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Forward group probably youngest I have ever seen.

The D before TDL not so much.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Sometimes I feel like people don't watch or follow other teams when I read the way they talk about the habs' prospects and potential lineups.

Or maybe you just compare those potential lineups to teams that aren't worth comparing to

I'd rather aim to look like the Penguins, Preds or Bolts, not like any of the middle-of-the-road team

Scherbak wouldn't play on a 2nd line in any contending team the way he's progressing right now, and Drouin wouldn't play on a first line on a contending team the way he's playing right now. They possibly would on a team only aiming to make the playoffs, AKA the loser mentality that we've been enduring for 25 years

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Or maybe you just compare those potential lineups to teams that aren't worth comparing to

I'd rather aim to look like the Penguins, Preds or Bolts, not like any of the middle-of-the-road team

Scherbak wouldn't play on a 2nd line in any contending team the way he's progressing right now, and Drouin wouldn't play on a first line on a contending team the way he's playing right now. They possibly would on a team only aiming to make the playoffs, AKA the loser mentality that we've been enduring for 25 years
I think we're in agreement here.

Reactions: ImNeverWrong

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Seriously... Every teams has a Poehling or Juulsen... or prospects that has the potential to be a 2nd/3rd line or mid pair D..

The standards has become so low here...

Wait, you mean having players get called up from AHL and play a few games is normal?

Reactions: Peanut

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
This. Pretty much a mix of both not sure to be happy or sad about it lol

lol only if they get rid of max, and somehow fix the weber/price problem/non problem

after that, i love what i see, yeah they stink right now, but theyre all so young, theyre getting the time in now and experience, I imagine MOST of these "kids" having much better seasons next year, we just needed to get rid of a little excess baggage, and...gulp...need a small infusion of new "baggage", tho hopefully in the form of 1 or 2 serviceable vets lol..

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
lol only if they get rid of max, and somehow fix the weber/price problem/non problem

after that, i love what i see, yeah they stink right now, but theyre all so young, theyre getting the time in now and experience, I imagine MOST of these "kids" having much better seasons next year, we just needed to get rid of a little excess baggage, and...gulp...need a small infusion of new "baggage", tho hopefully in the form of 1 or 2 serviceable vets lol..

With this management group I have no confidence they can get this done
When you talks about vets, the first guy I thought about was Bergevin and his stupid friends going after a Brian Gionta!!!!!

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
We have a bunch of complimentary and depth players. No real top talent except for Price when he's healthy/happy.

This is not a good team. Major lack of talent and poorly built for the playoffs.
team is good on the wing with chucky, gally, drouin,etc..and price and weber.
mete holds promise too

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
The team is actually too young at the moment if you want a good team and a team that will develop their prospects better. Some guys mentioned they want a team like Pittsburgh, Chicago, TB or Nash. Well if you want a team that is continuously good then you need to surround the young players with strong leaders such as Price and Weber. All old or all young gets you nowhere.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Young yes. With extremely limited upsides due to years of horrible drafting and poor development. But yes be proud that we are young for the sake of being Young, I guess? I love when people just pencil prospects into their lineups when projecting future lineups...as if it's a 100% certainty that every first 2nd and 3rd round pick pan out to become nhlers. Lol

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I'm just curious. I can't remember a team being younger than the team we have now. Especially the forward group. Can any of you remember a younger version? Anybody know how we stack up the the rest of the league?

Hum the team healthy is not really young. Would not be surprised if the team who won the cup in 93 was as young or even younger.

A lot of those kids wont be there at the beginning of next season.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Roster in 3 years...

Galchenyuk (27) / ???? / Drouin (25)
Scherbak (25) / Poehling (21) / Gallagher (28)
Lehkonen (25) / Danault (28) / Shaw (29)

Mete (22) / Weber (35)
???? / Petry (33)
???? / Juulsen (23)

Price (33)
Lindgren (27)

Is the objective to suck for 3 years and keep sucking beyond that?

Reactions: Peanut

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
least talented abundance of youngsters maybe

the 86 Stanley Cup winning team had 8 (maybe 9) rookies on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad