Is this the worst performance by the top seeds in both conferences in NHL history?

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
That’s exactly what I’ve been thinking too.

Didn’t Ottawa do the same thing a couple of years ago that had them a goal away from the SCF?

Not so much, Ottawa was the higher seed in both round 1 and 2. Ottawa was just more motivated to win because Clarke MacArthur unexpectedly came back from injury after missing a year of hockey, and you could tell the team was pumped up.

Reactions: Czarchuk and Fixxer

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Not so much, Ottawa was the higher seed in both round 1 and 2. Ottawa was just more motivated to win because Clarke MacArthur unexpectedly came back from injury after missing a year of hockey, and you could tell the team was pumped up.

I don't think OTT was ever in danger of missing the playoffs, but they finished only 3 points ahead of 2nd WC Toronto

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Unbelievable to me how bad the Lightning and Flames looked in the playoffs. Is this the worst you've ever seen?

Being top doesn't mean a thing.

There's something about fighting for a playoff spot vs clinching one early on. Both Columbus and Colorado were playing must win games for over a month now, so they definitely had a mental edge on both teams, and clearly Calgary and Tampa were just not prepared for playoff hockey.

This.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
to be fair, the top seed in the west is pretty avg

western teams were all avg

the top 5 teams were in the East this year: TB BOS WSH NYI TO

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
was about to start a thread about this, til I saw this one...This is year of the Underdog
iu

Reactions: Leonardo87

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Crazy playoffs....

I think #1 & #2 from all NHL divsions are losing or lost series. Only Metro division has chance for their top 2 point leaders (Isles & Caps) to go on....

Has top 2 teams from 3 divsion lost in 1st round before?

Reactions: Faterson

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Crazy playoffs....

I think #1 & #2 from all NHL divsions are losing or lost series. Only Metro division has chance for their top 2 point leaders (Isles & Caps) to go on....

Has top 2 teams from 3 divsion lost in 1st round before?

Almost happened in 1993 (1-2 in Norris/Adams lost early)

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Definitely wouldn't have expected Tampa and Calgary out in round one. Looks like Winnipeg might be done too. I had Tampa and Winnipeg in the finals.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA

Im either thinking of a different year or Ottawa went on a hell of a streak that year... which one is it?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: