Speculation: Is This The Begining of A Perfect Storm For The Leafs?

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
JVR isn't a center, and 2nd line players can be apart of your foundation... Kadri is 21, and is about PPG in the AHL, so no not a bust. Your Frattin comment makes you look stupid, Phaneuf is not a "bum" he is a top pairing d-man on almost every team, and Gardiner has all-star potential.

Checkmate

Frattin is the definition of a bust. The guy had 15pts and you're going to put him on a pedestal? come on, you sound high

Phaneuf is not a top pairing D on any contending teams.

Gardiner, you are vastly overrating. Good 2nd pairing guy but "all star"? Take a deep breath.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Frattin is the definition of a bust. The guy had 15pts and you're going to put him on a pedestal? come on, you sound high

Gardiner, you are vastly overrating. Good 2nd pairing guy but "all star"? Take a deep breath.

1. 1st season, was he the greatest? No, but he has also shown a lot this season despite coming off of surgery. The fact that you think Frattin is a "bust" makes me laugh.

2. Yes he is.

3. All-Star potential. POTENTIAL.

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
1. 1st season, was he the greatest? No, but he has also shown a lot this season despite coming off of surgery. The fact that you think Frattin is a "bust" makes me laugh.

2. Yes he is.

3. All-Star potential. POTENTIAL.

1. 24 year old 15pt player. Seriously. Stahp.

2. I strongly disagree.

3. Potential in your mind. I don't see that peak. At all. He's almost as bad as Schenn defensively. Oh wait, there's another Leafs prospect that had all star potential by the faithful.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
1. 24 year old 15pt player. Seriously. Stahp.

2. I strongly disagree.

3. Potential in your mind. I don't see that peak. At all. He's almost as bad as Schenn defensively. Oh wait, there's another Leafs prospect that had all star potential by the faithful.

1. You are likely the only one who thinks Frattin is a bust. When looking at player development, there is more then points. Also, look at how he is playing in the AHL.

2. We agree to disagree then.

3. Lots of people believe Gardiner has all-star potential. Not just me.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
JVR isn't a center, and 2nd line players can be apart of your foundation... Kadri is 21, and is about PPG in the AHL, so no not a bust. Your Frattin comment makes you look stupid, Phaneuf is not a "bum" he is a top pairing d-man on almost every team, and Gardiner has all-star potential.

Checkmate

Kadri is 22 and has done nothing at the NHL level to date , Reilly is a very promising prospect but that doesn't mean he's a lock to be an all star at the NHL level , Frattin is already 25 and also hasn't done anything at the pro level .

JVR is a solid player but acting like these guys plus DP and Kessel are some great core to lead us anywhere is nuts .

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012

1. Frattin I wouldn't say is a bust, he has taken longer to develop then most players though. I think Frattin has a legit NHL shot and he drives the net which means he could get 20-25g a season under the right circumstances, I also love that he's tough and his lower body strength is a thing of beauty.

2. Phaneuf on most teams is a top pairing defencmen (exception Boston).

3. I don't think Gardiner is an "all star" but I am impressed with his elite skating ability and how calm/cerebal he is out on the ice. I'm not saying he's the next Brian Leetch, far from it because he has to earn those stripes, I agree right now hes a 2nd pairing D.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Tank the year, Perry + Getzlaf + MacKinnon or Jones = all we need is a goalie

The only way i want Lou in town is if we end up with 1 of Getz or Perry.

Then we could be looking at being a little bit more then just a good shot at the POs.

The trick is, do you get Lou before you can take a shot at either Getz or Perry or do you gamble and hold off, make your move for Lou when it looks like either of those 2 are whiling to sign here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad