Post-Game Talk: IS THIS A GOOD ENOUGH PGT THREAD FOR YA BRUINS?! LEAFS WIN 4-2!

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Bruins fans complaining about how they missed all those great chances is the only reason Toronto won just come off as losers.

As if the Bruins were the only team with grade-A scoring chances yesterday, Rask made some huge saves and the Leafs could have had another 3 last night.

Same thing with game one, we could have blown the game wide open when it was 1-1 but we didn't.

But of course their team is the only one with the good chances!
I know right?

tuukka-unimpressed.gif

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
God I hope not. Grundstrom is ready. He had a good camp and got better.

Anyone but Komorov... Any Marly defender. The marlie will have the chance to improve and simultaneously maybe discovering another Dermott... but we know Komorov will be a black hole in all aspect of Hockey.

Black Hole....

Might as well give him a Bruins Jersey

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
Everyone's looking at the Marchand two-hander while I think the Johnsson trip was more insidious and clever. It was a potential two on one for the leafs the other way since Marchand had to turn while Johnsson could just bee-line for the puck. So what does Marchand do? "Trips" and sticks out his right leg. I thought I was imagining but it really does look like he swept the leg, just like they teach you at Cobra Kai. It even looks like he leapt forward at the 0.03 mark of that Jack Edwards video. I gotta hand it to him. Cheating is an art form and he's mastered it perfectly.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Everyone's looking at the Marchand two-hander while I think the Johnsson trip was more insidious and clever. It was a potential two on one for the leafs the other way since Marchand had to turn while Johnsson could just bee-line for the puck. So what does Marchand do? "Trips" and sticks out his right leg. I thought I was imagining but it really does look like he swept the leg, just like they teach you at Cobra Kai. It even looks like he leapt forward at the 0.03 mark of that Jack Edwards video. I gotta hand it to him. Cheating is an art form and he's mastered it perfectly.

The Johnsson incident looked like it was just 2 guys falling into each other, but because it's Boston's 63, there's always suspicion that he's done something greasy. It looked borderline dangerous, IMO

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I'm not quite convinced the Plekanec line "did their job" against the Bergeron line - it felt like that line, and in particular Pastrnak, still had loads of chances last night, especially in the third.

They did provide some push back offense though, which is huge. They just need to get through one more night as a trio, before you get Kadri back.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I'm not quite convinced the Plekanec line "did their job" against the Bergeron line - it felt like that line, and in particular Pastrnak, still had loads of chances last night, especially in the third.

They did provide some push back offense though, which is huge. They just need to get through one more night as a trio, before you get Kadri back.

Marchand was on the ice for all 4 goals against, Bergeron was on for 3. Even if they potted one or two, we still won that match-up.

Reactions: Liminality and Tak7

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Pastrnak is very good player I won't hate, but what I will say is that he is very, very fortunate to play with Marchand and Bergeron.

Reactions: Nithoniniel

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Thought Boston was doing a great job of blocking the point shots and taking away the shooting lanes. We didn't.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
You just know Komarov will get re-signed this off season because of babcock...

He will be his new Cleary.

no. he'll be signed because of Lamoriello or the new GM.
Babcock has a voice, but the GM doesn't have to sign them.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
I thought there were some good adjustments made.

- Moving Rielly to RD because Boston is obviously targeting the right side (Hainsey had some big giveaways).

- Used the long pass to help punish the aggressive Bruins forecheck (and created the first Marleau goal)

- Had set plays to generate speed through the neutral zone (they did this especially with Nylander a few times, he comes with speed and get the pass in stride and attacks the zone)

Hopefully Komorov doesn't come back in the lineup and they can keep playing at this fast pace.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Bruins fans always have reason to complain

All fanbases have all sorts of fans. Many whine. It’s just the way it is.

The players, ironically, are the ones that speak their peace and then say that they need to find ways to overcome adversity.

This goes for a compinent of all fan bases and all teams players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad