Speculation: Is the NHL season in jeapordy?

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
That Joshua Marshall guy is usually wrong about everything I hope he’s right this time.

Edit : My bad thought this was the main boards lol sorry
I love it sire and y'all is always welcome and we all want this thang to comeback in a big way :clap: We love life here and this is it again. We'll see life and come together. This season will be beautiful as life and we'll see two seasons opening this year 2021. That'll be fun too sire. Be very proud, and glad. Our selfish hockey players are coming back (there are rare cases that are not that selfish, but those are such rare breed). We are the last of a dying breed and ice hockey is fun. Toronto Maple Leafs will be ready sire.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
I'll say it again: if there aren't gate receipts, there won't be a season. The NHL's television money isn't big enough to justify the events. NFL, MLB, NBA have much more lucrative television deals. They can at least break even staging games in empty stadiums.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
I'll say it again: if there aren't gate receipts, there won't be a season. The NHL's television money isn't big enough to justify the events. NFL, MLB, NBA have much more lucrative television deals. They can at least break even staging games in empty stadiums.
I really hope you are wrong but what you are saying makes sense.
There is just no way the owners will allow the season to be played the way things stand now.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
I'm almost at the point now where I hope they just close the book on this season and start fresh with a full "normal" season in October 2021.

The end to the 2020 season was goofy and whatever this season looks like will be even goofier.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Markstrom etc have also returned to calgary where they quarantee as the word is out on the streets that the NHL is returning like a real mother real fast. So that's what's up right now and we'll be hearing some real hard stuff this week and even schedules.

Reactions: axlrose87

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Markstrom etc have also returned to calgary where they quarantee as the word is out on the streets that the NHL is returning like a real mother real fast. So that's what's up right now and we'll be hearing some real hard stuff this week and even schedules.
They all keep talking about schedules, start dates and all that fun stuff but they admitted that they have not been talking about money.... the only thing any of them care about.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I'm almost at the point now where I hope they just close the book on this season and start fresh with a full "normal" season in October 2021.

The end to the 2020 season was goofy and whatever this season looks like will be even goofier.

What changes between now and then to make you think it will be normal by October?

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
They all keep talking about schedules, start dates and all that fun stuff but they admitted that they have not been talking about money.... the only thing any of them care about.
And we all bout that paper for surely sire. It'll be interesting for surely sire to see what'll happen this week.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I wouldnt lose sleep if they just cancelled the season. cases are going nowhere but up. Everyday I get The score notifications about this game getting cancelled and this game getting post poned or rescheduled. or this player and that player testing positive. Lets get a vaccine and hope this helps things and start up in September. Maybe by then they'll start letting fans back in.

I laugh when I see the fantasy hockey guides and Yearbook's in the 7-11 now sitting their collecting dust.

KyleDubasBoyGeniua

Nov 20, 2020
There;s going to be a season and there will be no fans. They can't be the only league taking a year off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad