Is Richardson Singling Out Reichel?

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
1400 games, 200 points, -119. He was a shit hockey player, who had a lengthy career, for whatever reason. Absolute bust numbers for a 7th overall pick, truth be told. But you do you.

Edit: His biggest accomplishment in his career was 238 PIMS in 90-91. That's truly absurd.
You have a weird grudge against Luke Richardson. Like on a personal, human, level. It's honestly truly bizarre. Take a step back. Did he take your spot on the Pee Wee team or something?

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
1400 games, 200 points, -119. He was a shit hockey player, who had a lengthy career, for whatever reason. Absolute bust numbers for a 7th overall pick, truth be told. But you do you.

Edit: His biggest accomplishment in his career was 238 PIMS in 90-91. That's truly absurd.
A shit hockey player does not play 1400 games in the best league in the world. Period. The fact you can’t acknowledge this just shows how ridiculously biased you are about anything related to LR.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
If the team DIDN'T NOTICE it, I'd really be worried about that room.
We all hope they noticed that being disinterested in defending will find you a seat in the bench.
It is rather funny that many of those who think “Luke” is a bad coach for how he handles talented youth are the same folk who bitched about Bedard not opening the OT.
Rather than matching Bedard v the Jets best, smart coaching instead shut down their line and put Bedard in a position to win it.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
A shit hockey player does not play 1400 games in the best league in the world. Period. The fact you can’t acknowledge this just shows how ridiculously biased you are about anything related to LR.
It was different times back then. Teams were lucky to have two lines of skill back then. It was filled with plugs there to fight or to hit people as hard as they can, but not contribute a whole lot offensively or defensively. Donald Brashear played over 1000 games, you can’t tell me he was any good.

Reactions: hockeydoug

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Except Brashear was a 4th liner, basically a utility player/enforcer who played limited minutes as opposed to a Dman who was a mainstay in the back end who logged something like 20 minutes a game, every game.
Not that it's relevant..... it still doesn't mean an ex-player like Brashear won't turn out to be a good coach one day.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
It was different times back then. Teams were lucky to have two lines of skill back then. It was filled with plugs there to fight or to hit people as hard as they can, but not contribute a whole lot offensively or defensively. Donald Brashear played over 1000 games, you can’t tell me he was any good.
It speaks to people's misguided expectations when it comes to prospects that someone would look at Richardson's 1,417 game career and say he was an "absolute bust". That's the third most games played in that draft class. Heck, he was a total stay at home defenseman and had the 24th most career points in the draft class as well (1st round level if points were the only thing that mattered). I bet someone in the late 1980s in Toronto probably called into a talk radio show to complain about how the idiot coach was mishandling their stud youngster, as well. These things tend to be like clockwork. The harsh reality is most young hotshot prospects turn into little more than just OK NHL players, if they are even so lucky.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Yeah I hate how Reichel has been treated but Richardson's playing career doesn't reflect on him as a hockey mind behind the bench lol

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Yeah, I know. I just wanted to trash him some more. Richardson sucks.

Avs fans wanted to chase out Bednar
for a historically bad season in his first year yet he coached them to a cup.

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022
Avs fans wanted to chase out Bednar
for a historically bad season in his first year yet he coached them to a cup.
Bednar won championships in ECHL and AHL as a head coach before coming to Avs. LR has NO coaching pedigree to compare

Reactions: Pez68

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Bednar won championships in ECHL and AHL as a head coach before coming to Avs. LR has NO coaching pedigree to compare
He didn’t win championships but Luke was an AHL head coach for three years and was an NHL assistant coach for eight years.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
It was Dominique Ducharme
Are you guys all forgetful?

By fill-in, he was referring to when Ducharme was out with covid and Richardson filled in as HC during the cup Final run.

Did you and those liking this think fill-in equalled interm?

Reactions: x Tame Impala

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Coach Q returns for 24-25 season! :DD
Seriously ... I'm fine with LR for now.
He at least has the D playing relatively well given we have two main rookies in Vlasic and Korch not to mention Phillips and Crevier.
The O will come along in due time ... once we land Celebrini and sign Nylander.

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
Not sure if it's Richardson's explicit instruction or Reichel's interpretation of how to "play hard", but it's clear Reichel's playing a game that does not suit his strengths.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Coach Q returns for 24-25 season! :DD
Seriously ... I'm fine with LR for now.
He at least has the D playing relatively well given we have two main rookies in Vlasic and Korch not to mention Phillips and Crevier.
The O will come along in due time ... once we land Celebrini and sign Nylander.
You forgot Elias Pettersson

Reactions: crazyhawk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad