Speculation: Is Noah Hanifin about to be a New Jersey Devil? (analysis of the situation)

Would you like a deal surrounding Noah Hanifin with a possible eight-year extension?

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 46 82.1%

• Total voters

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I agree with the general nope sentiment. I would really like to see the equivalent of when we dealt for Kulikov. Not Kulikov himself, but I want an off the radar slightly-better-than Miller/Smith (wtf, I just realized we got Dmen who are named like hotel aliases...is there anyone named Johnson we could add?) guy who can eat minutes, play defense with some physicality and just help the rooks settle.

I don't think we need to tie up that cash, esp with our other prospects

Awwwwwwww. Sweet.

Yes, look at Florida. Being crushed under a cap crunch has been the Mother of Invention for them in terms of team building.

They’re basically healthy right now, with one forward on the IR (Cousins).

This is 20.3m:
IMG_2545.jpeg

Forsling was a waiver pick-up. Their 7th defenseman, Josh Mahura was also a waiver pick-up.

It’s not all wine and roses. They lost Weeger and then Gudas, and now both Forsling and Montour will be UFAs in the off-season.

But they continue to impress by making smart moves on defense.

You can’t just say “gimme the best guy on the market!” when you have 3 defenders making 16.8m and two future star RFAs.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Hanifin isn't the answer, even as a rental. I couldn't imagine giving him 8 years at 7.5 per.

Just ride it out and hope they can stay in the race until people get healthy,

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Yes, look at Florida. Being crushed under a cap crunch has been the Mother of Invention for them in terms of team building.

They’re basically healthy right now, with one forward on the IR (Cousins).

This is 20.3m:
View attachment 800973

Forsling was a waiver pick-up. Their 7th defenseman, Josh Mahura was also a waiver pick-up.

It’s not all wine and roses. They lost Weeger and then Gudas, and now both Forsling and Montour will be UFAs in the off-season.

But they continue to impress by making smart moves on defense.

You can’t just say “gimme the best guy on the market!” when you have 3 defenders making 16.8m and two future star RFAs.
That’s a good example of how to operate. NJ has to be smart but even then can they really make commitments betYond this season when Dr Evil returns?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad