Is Luke Richardson the least celebrated player to ever play +1000 games?

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
It's perfectly relevant, and an interesting point of discussion.

That's honestly one of the most bizarre tangents I've ever seen on in the History Board. Completely unfounded, irrelevant, and borderline libel.

It was a strange conversation for sure

Reactions: seventieslord

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
But did his daughter die?

Let's not dwell on that point. It was a weird conversation, for sure, but she decided to what she did for some reason and we just have to accept it. I hope she's got peace now.

It has nothing to do with Luke Richardson the hockey player or how he was perceived of during his career or his legacy as an NHL player.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Im not sure what your point is? Do you think thats little? Too much? What?

He wasnt afraid to stand up for a teammate. He was pretty average at it. But he did it. Some pretty big names on his fight card as well.

Back to OT though. Hes probably the least celebrated overall (1000 games played), maybe but the guy was incredibly popular in Philly. And there is even a HoFer who isnt celebrated much with 1000 games played. Harry Howell. There is also Jay Wells, Bob Rouse, Steve Staios, Eric Weinrich, Grant Ledyard, Curtis Leschychyn and Marc Bergevin. All in the same ilk as Richardson.

Well I remember Richardson fighting Ciccone twice in the same game. I also remember his daughter dying and the surrounding events of that day. I remember him being a part of the trade that brought Anderson and Fuhr to the Leafs.

Wait, what?

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
So the same guy who said

"some posters give the old time european players FAR to much credit. let's face it very very few of them would have made the cut in the nhl."

thinks Ron Ellis of all people should "easily be a HOFer". That's...interesting, to be very polite about it.

Reactions: Conbon

Johnny Engine

Jul 29, 2009
Harry Howell has an important role in the legacy of Bobby Orr - the last guy to win the Norris before Orr took it over. Similarly, Marcel Dionne is probably most famous for winning the Art Ross narrowly in Gretzky's rookie season.
I would agree, however, that many casual fans couldn't provide much more detail about Howell than that one Norris.
Like every answer in this thread, it's a matter of perspective.

Reactions: Hobnobs

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Harry Howell has an important role in the legacy of Bobby Orr - the last guy to win the Norris before Orr took it over. Similarly, Marcel Dionne is probably most famous for winning the Art Ross narrowly in Gretzky's rookie season.
I would agree, however, that many casual fans couldn't provide much more detail about Howell than that one Norris.
Like every answer in this thread, it's a matter of perspective.

Howell made the famous comment that he is glad he won that one Norris because Bobby Orr was going to win the next 10. Dang........he was pretty close actually. If not for injuries, Orr does just that and even so still did 8.

Howell was once brought up on the thread regarding which HHOFer has the weakest playoff resume. So it is fair to say he isn't decorated compared to others. Has that one Norris though and finished 5th another time. Played on some sad sack Rangers teams for a long time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad