Is Jonathan Huberdeau's Contract Good?

Is Huberdeau's contract good?

• Total voters

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I think in the long run they'd have been happier flipping him during the season.

It's a good deal when you consider they couldn't re-sign their top 2 forwards back to back, though.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
At some point the GM' are going to have to stop giving out 8-year deals for mega bucks to 30 year olds. As a Flyers phan I can't stand the Couturier contract, and we will live to regret it. However, this makes the Couturier contract look like a bargain...

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
At some point the GM' are going to have to stop giving out 8-year deals for mega bucks to 30 year olds. As a Flyers phan I can't stand the Couturier contract, and we will live to regret it. However, this makes the Couturier contract look like a bargain...
GM's don't care. Odds are they aren't going to be in power in 8 years and if they don't sign these deals they probably lose their jobs even sooner.

Reactions: MXD

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
He's not a Tkachuk replacement, he's a Gaudreau replacement. In that context it's fine.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Fair value, depending on the cap situation (likely over 110M by the end of the deal) and due to the SB salary structure I think he stays tradeable til the end of it, because he’s buyout proof

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
In a future CBA I could see RFAs being able to sign 8 year deals, and UFAs being limited to 5 or 6

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
In a tight spot because someone was going to give it to him.

I think it’s a fair contract for the next ~4 seasons, meh for 2, then really bad the last three.

The problem I have with the contract is that Calagry shouldn’t be in a position to give it to him.

He’s just going to keep them in purgatory for a while, barely making the playoffs and likely no more than a 2nd round appearance, followed by having an anchor of a contract in the later years

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $200.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00