Is it time to blow the team up and rebuild?

Is it time to rebuild?

• Total voters

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Please spare the personal opinions. He will come back and save the franchise " a la Trump fashion perhaps" but it will get done. give him the keys to manage the team. he has proven himself and takes no **** from anyone to build the way he believes it should be built

Lol. Trump is probably the right example btw, huge ego, would make things 100% worse. It's my personal opinion and it's the correct one.

Proven himself in what exactly? Manage a CHL team? Like I have stated, this is not the same at all. He did a terrible job in Colorado (while he had some say in hockey decisions) and shouldn't be considered at all.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
I disagree. if you want to connect with the people in this particular market, you need to make an adjustment. heck, We have products thrown to us for the english market like eggnog but the locals would not buy, so they had to take what was particular for that market to make the sales rebound

The GM speaks how many times a year? Do you feel connected to Bergevin speaking 3-4 times a year? Nope. Fans would be more connected to a championship team with an anglo GM than a mediocre team with a french GM. Wake up. I'm a fan and everyone here is a fan, post a poll up and see how many don't give a crap what language the GM speaks.

rafalesque

Apr 9, 2017
I may ruffle some feathers, but the present recipe is not working. hence bring ROY, TRADE Price
prepare your seats for the next cup parade

rafalesque

Apr 9, 2017
Lol. Trump is probably the right example btw, huge ego, would make things 100% worse. It's my personal opinion and it's the correct one.

Proven himself in what exactly? Manage a CHL team? Like I have stated, this is not the same at all. He did a terrible job in Colorado (while he had some say in hockey decisions) and shouldn't be considered at all.

you may thing its the correct one, but its seems you suffer from the same description.
in Quebec, he managed all and look how successful he was, give the the city keys he will bring back a cup. Colorado...mmm does Joe saki mean anything how he manages and why Roy left?

rafalesque

Apr 9, 2017
The GM speaks how many times a year? Do you feel connected to Bergevin speaking 3-4 times a year? Nope. Fans would be more connected to a championship team with an anglo GM than a mediocre team with a french GM. Wake up. I'm a fan and everyone here is a fan, post a poll up and see how many don't give a crap what language the GM speaks.

a poll is not reflect of the sentiment especially on an anglo website. Cmon.....

rafalesque

Apr 9, 2017
well boys, I having a lot of fun here. Only Roy can bring the cup here. Thank you for listening

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
you may thing its the correct one, but its seems you suffer from the same description.
in Quebec, he managed all and look how successful he was, give the the city keys he will bring back a cup. Colorado...mmm does Joe saki mean anything how he manages and why Roy left?

Do you even acknowledge a difference between the QMJHL and NHL? I know I'm right and I know you're wrong.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I disagree. if you want to connect with the people in this particular market, you need to make an adjustment. heck, We have products thrown to us for the english market like eggnog but the locals would not buy, so they had to take what was particular for that market to make the sales rebound

We're saying the same thing: French is essential when speaking to this market. The Habs are in this market, therefore it's essential for someone to speak their language. The debate is whether it's essential for the GM to be that speaker.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

He wasn't even that successful relative to other QMJHL, OHL and WHL franchises.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I agree with you, but any meaningful poll would have to cover the wider fan base, not just here on a mostly anglophone message board.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Please spare the personal opinions. He will come back and save the franchise " a la Trump fashion perhaps" but it will get done. give him the keys to manage the team. he has proven himself and takes no **** from anyone to build the way he believes it should be built

Once you've referenced Trump as an exemplar for anything except abject incompetence and failure, you've already lost the debate.

Bergevin acted as a lone wolf as well, and look at the pitiful team we have today. This auteur paradigm doesn't work. You need to be collaborative with people that have very different opinions. If you're intelligent...

Surrounding oneself with hangers-on and sycophants as a practice, is doomed to fail.

Reactions: OnceWasNot

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I agree with you, but any meaningful poll would have to cover the wider fan base, not just here on a mostly anglophone message board.
I'm pretty sure the majority in Montreal, the city where the team plays, wouldn't care all that much.
I know none of my friends care and most of us have french as our first language.
As you said before, I agree that it is important for them to be a bilingual franchise, but I don't agree that the GM necessarily has to be bilingual.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
We need to tank for at least 3 years to be able to get a Matthews, Hischier, Hedman, Seguin...
We need to stack up on draft picks, we need to get at least 2 2nd round and 3 round draft picks for either make a selection on draft day or trade for players like Teravainen.

We can't sign or trade for crap like Shaw and Alzner.

rafalesque

Apr 9, 2017
Do you even acknowledge a difference between the QMJHL and NHL? I know I'm right and I know you're wrong.

How do you think other players and coaches got into the NHL??? they played in the NHL first or had to go through junior.college university ranks first.

Of course there is a difference . How do you think the players got into the NHL?

You are entitled to your own wrong opinion

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
How do you think other players and coaches got into the NHL??? they played in the NHL first or had to go through junior.college university ranks first.

Of course there is a difference . How do you think the players got into the NHL?

You are entitled to your own wrong opinion

Go pray for God.

rafalesque

Apr 9, 2017
Once you've referenced Trump as an exemplar for anything except abject incompetence and failure, you've already lost the debate.

Bergevin acted as a lone wolf as well, and look at the pitiful team we have today. This auteur paradigm doesn't work. You need to be collaborative with people that have very different opinions. If you're intelligent...

Surrounding oneself with hangers-on and sycophants as a practice, is doomed to fail.

You can play the guitar with a nice joint.
What I am saying is " a la Trump" is that he will not be the most eloquent speaker but will tell is straight like LaFleur

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
I remember when habs got eliminated last spring, the first thought in my mind was "now what"? I was optimistic that the habs could at least win one round, that there was a chance it was their time, but they got outplayed by an average NY Rangers team. It felt like it was the end of a chapter. Whatever plan there was, it failed at the very moment the habs got pathetically eliminated in the first round.

Then that awkward off season happened...what the hell really...The Price signing was barely a positive since he obviously isn't the answer to all the habs struggles.

Now fastforward to this even more pathetic start of a season and it just adds up to that feeling that something big needs to be done.

I guess the players are as clueless as we are. It failed last year, why would it work this year? Fans don't care anymore. I haven't posted here in months and I just don't have much else to say than this post. The team is lifeless, and so are we.

It's sad really.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
this years plan should be to get 2 top 5 picks,

do whatever the hell you have to do to make it happen, and trade whoever you have to to make it happen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad