News Article: Is it time for us to discuss Chevy's place in the Hawks mess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Reactions: hn777

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I wonder about the timing of Chipman's paen to PoMo appearing today, as these Chevylations surface. Maybe we're looking at GM PoMo in the near future? And hopefully not HC Huddy?

This is very, very troubling news.
I don't think it's a coincidence. Well sayonara Chevy.

Reactions: Fisticuffer

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I wonder about the timing of Chipman's paen to PoMo appearing today, as these Chevylations surface. Maybe we're looking at GM PoMo in the near future? And hopefully not HC Huddy?

Chipmans what?

None

Feb 22, 2012
Not looking good for Chevy. Said he didn’t know. Not only did he know, he did nothing.

Likely gone

I said this in the around the league thread before seeing this thread had been posted but:

If you read his statement it lines up, he just downplays the significance of that meeting with the 4 other executives. He knew shortly (3 weeks) before Aldrich was fired, but clearly didn't do enough because the accused coach made another pass at a 22 year old intern at a Blackhawks cup party in the interim.

It's f***ing gross that nothing was done at the time.

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If true Chevy needs to go. Beyond disgraceful. If true.

IIRC Chevy has denied any involvement/knowledge. I will wait for him to correct this report, or however he can respond, but it looks bad to me.

I can't imagine how he could get out from under this apart from simply stating that the report is wrong and that he was not there. That would require some proof.

This was handled very badly back in 2010. Just completely wrong. I'm afraid that anyone involved is going to have to pay the price. I agree that if this report is correct, he is going to have to go - unfortunately for him and for the Jets.

Reactions: hn777

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

What has Chipman said?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
IIRC Chevy has denied any involvement/knowledge. I will wait for him to correct this report, or however he can respond, but it looks bad to me.

I can't imagine how he could get out from under this apart from simply stating that the report is wrong and that he was not there. That would require some proof.

This was handled very badly back in 2010. Just completely wrong. I'm afraid that anyone involved is going to have to pay the price. I agree that if this report is correct, he is going to have to go - unfortunately for him and for the Jets.
I'd say unfortunately for the Jets, but if he was indeed privy and did nothing, then f*** him. (I know semantically your sentence is correct, I'm just really pissed off about it atm)

Reactions: JetsUK

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
He's quoted as being at a meeting and believing the allegations to be serious
His statement in summer was generous with the timeline, especially considering further harassment took place between his awareness and Aldrich's departure.
His statement hides his knowledge and belief of severity

This sucks. People deserve better. Predators don't deserve protection. Blackhawks removed everyone from 2010. Ten years too late, but today it was the right thing. The entire exec team from the '10 Hawks is accountable.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
If Chevy HAD actually said anything and blown the whistle on this in 2010, he would never have worked in the NHL again.

Time to see just how deep TNSE loyalty is. Do they suspend him while they "conduct their own investigation" and clear him? Is he gone before the end of the day?
You are not wrong, but what happens today in Chicago and across the league may change how this works going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad