Votes: 89 39.7%
  • No not really

Votes: 54 24.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 6.3%

• Total voters

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Karlsson is too big an ego to run behind a Burns. That was evident. Coupled with his injury troubles, a wild contract and people simply couldn't objectively watch him. He makes a bad defensive play everyone jumps on him. While never really getting credit for his offensive skills. It's a weird take on Karlsson. He is overpaid, surely, but the hate he gets because of that is unjustified. It's mostly salty people who are likely underpaid and overworked in their own lives and projecting. Dude is an elite defenseman in the NHL. Will he win the Norris again? Not likely. Still though, he is a top tier player in the league and makes the game exciting when he is out there.
Sooooooo much wrong with this post. apologist much? He has always gotten credit for his great offense. He has also always taken flak for his lack of defense.

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
OiGF/60 5.0 & oiGA/60 4.1 equals almost +1 per 60 minutes of hockey while playing for a terrible team.
So +0.35 or something per game if he plays 20+minutes per night. Idk how this compares but doesn't sound elite

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
OiGF/60 5.0 & oiGA/60 4.1 equals almost +1 per 60 minutes of hockey while playing for a terrible team.

That doesn't tell us he's elite defensively though. In theory, he could reach those stats simply for being a force offensively. Again, this discussion (among many others) leads nowhere, because people have different definitions. In this case people can't agree on what defence is.

Some people will define it as "the best defence is to be in the offensive zone" while others define defence as defending in your own zone. Karlsson is great offensively, and great with the puck in his own zone. But defending in his own zone without the puck is not his strong suit.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Yeah I don't think so. Karlsson is being Karlsson, putting up points but still a minus player. Makar is having perhaps his worst start to a season, Avs as a team are not playing very good so far, but Makar is still taking care of his own zone and he's even on plus minus side.
Look at plus minus as a relative to teammates, not against a top team vs a bottom team. Makes it look like you don’t understand +/-

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
When the EK fans are so rabid they come after...the reasonable EK fans.
Rangers fans are beginning to split into the Church of Adam Fox and tinfoil hat wearers who say "he's been off for a month now" every month.

It really was all a prequel to my current existence.

Also, Cale Makar eats glue.

• Haha
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I only care about you.

I'm touched.

I spent a decade on this board supporting EK65 so I'm pleased to leave that in the hands of others at this stage as I enjoy semi-retirement.

Do I want him to continue with his stellar play?

Of course, the league is a much more exciting and interesting place with him playing at the peak of his abilities.

I'm still not sure whether he's one more injury away from seeing a permanent hit to his production and skill set.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad