Is Anders Lee this good?

Vukotal Recall

Jan 30, 2010
If you look at his career stats, not just this year, dude (mostly) produces. Why was he only a sixth-round pick, and is he going to keep it up do you think, Islanders fans? He has a really low profile considering his goal totals.

islesmb

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2007
Myrtle Beach, SC (from Bellmore)
If you look at his career stats, not just this year, dude (mostly) produces. Why was he only a sixth-round pick, and is he going to keep it up do you think, Islanders fans? He has a really low profile considering his goal totals.
He was a 6th round pick due to no one knew if he was going to choose hockey or football as he was a great high school quarterback.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
He does play with Tavares and players do produce with him.

I've been a fan though. You can not move this guy if he's parked in front of the net.

Reactions: bigtim1988

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
He was a 6th round pick due to no one knew if he was going to choose hockey or football as he was a great high school quarterback.

Actually that is why he was passed over in 2008. I have no clue why he feel so much in 2009. Not saying he should have been a top 10 pick or even first rounder but you think somebody would have taken a chance in like the 3rd or 4th round given his skillset(the NHL in general had a huge hard on for big guys as well in 2009)

As for the question is he that good, the answer is yes

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
In addition to the consistent goal totals, his presence in the crease alone creates a lot of great offensive chances on both the PP and 5v5.

This season he has had some great primary assists which I never really noticed out of him in years prior. He has stepped up the passing and vision facet of his game too (not dismissing that the chemistry with Tavares and Bailey helps a lot in that area).

Reactions: bigtim1988

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
This season he has had some great primary assists which I never really noticed out of him in years prior. He has stepped up the passing and vision facet of his game too (not dismissing that the chemistry with Tavares and Bailey helps a lot in that area).

I think the thing that works about that line is the defense needs to watch both Tavares and Lee which basically opens up the ice for Bailey and gives him an extra second to find the perfect play(either pass to Tavares or Lee or back to the Defense that has an open lane)

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
Well apparently the Isles suck and this is all just a fake hot streak and their lineup has no depth and everyone only scores because of John Tavares.

Does that expedite the responses for this thread?

quality post man. as you cna see, all the responses directly after you are just as you predicted. you should go buy lottery tickets beacuse youre a genius

Reactions: blueberrie

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
He has a 13.14 ONSH% at 5v5. (That would be 1st in the league last season by a significant margin, for context)

Like most players on the Islanders, his offense is going to slow down unless they somehow remain ridiculously lucky for the rest of the season.

Reactions: Rebels57

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
Understand how you guys are so excited about your current group, but there has been a thread about probably 8 Isle players in the last 2 weeks alone...we know how good they look, but this early over-the-top excitement is what make fans of other teams sour on fan bases and thus teams such as the NYI.

The Rangers, with more playoff games played then any other team in the league in the past decade have won crap..it just doesn't matter until it really counts.

As my team is hated amongst the CHI, PIT, and LAK of the world WITHOUT a CUP, I know what I am talking about...

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
He has a 13.14 ONSH%.

Like most players on the Islanders, his offense is going to slow down unless they somehow remain ridiculously lucky for the rest of the season.

Tavares is in god mode right now. Hard to see it slowing down. Guys produce when they are with Tavares;PAP, Moulson, Okposo etc.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
All I care about is that he keeps improving. That's astounding. He's 27 years old. According to HF a player that age should be off at the glue factory or in severe decline. He'll probably top his career year in goals even if his shooting % falls to its regular 12-17%.

Has simply become a better player all-around without sacrificing what made him successful. He is impressive.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Understand how you guys are so excited about your current group, but there has been a thread about probably 8 Isle players in the last 2 weeks alone...we know how good they look, but this early over-the-top excitement is what make fans of other teams sour on fan bases and thus teams such as the NYI.

The Rangers, with more playoff games played then any other team in the league in the past decade have won crap..it just doesn't matter until it really counts.

As my team is hated amongst the CHI, PIT, and LAK of the world WITHOUT a CUP, I know what I am talking about...

Except this thread wasn't created by an Isles fan...

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Seems like he'll be a Simmonds 2.0. A 30-30 kind of player who will probably get underpaid on his next contract.

Reactions: Rebels57

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008

Almost all of these threads are not made by Isles fans. Some are, but a lot aren't.

My hunch is that it's fantasy owners trying to get a pulse. Or people that just look at stats and then want to get a reaction to a player if it's luck or not.

If you notice, Isles fans regulars almost never start threads on the main board.

Reactions: Poulin 0n My St1ck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad