Is Anders Lee this good?

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
There's no Justin Bailey on the Isles but keep trying to show your intellect . . .
I refuse
dd8b642247d4203f518bf939d5ad1417.png

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
Understand how you guys are so excited about your current group, but there has been a thread about probably 8 Isle players in the last 2 weeks alone...we know how good they look, but this early over-the-top excitement is what make fans of other teams sour on fan bases and thus teams such as the NYI.

The Rangers, with more playoff games played then any other team in the league in the past decade have won crap..it just doesn't matter until it really counts.

As my team is hated amongst the CHI, PIT, and LAK of the world WITHOUT a CUP, I know what I am talking about...

Oh yes, if there's one team that doesn't get its spam all over the main boards it's the f***in rangers.

Reactions: bigtim1988

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Understand how you guys are so excited about your current group, but there has been a thread about probably 8 Isle players in the last 2 weeks alone...we know how good they look, but this early over-the-top excitement is what make fans of other teams sour on fan bases and thus teams such as the NYI.

The Rangers, with more playoff games played then any other team in the league in the past decade have won crap..it just doesn't matter until it really counts.

As my team is hated amongst the CHI, PIT, and LAK of the world WITHOUT a CUP, I know what I am talking about...

The Rangers and to an extent this Isles roster are largely built for regular season success. When it comes time to play the elite teams in the playoffs, the rosters as currently structured and as structured for several years now for the Rangers just don't stack up. For the Rangers it's scoring depth and for the Isles defense and goaltending

joemon999

Drive for 5
Sep 12, 2011

Uh... I haven't seen one isles thread the whole season on the main boards besides the general "Isles are nasty" thread. If you wanna count the "Calder prediction" one because its mostly about barzal, go ahead but even then there's been no talk about the Islanders.

I think you're just a Rangers fan being a typical Rangers fan to Isles fans out of spite.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014

LMAO, this thread wasn't created by an Isles fan. Rangers fans are cute.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008

Your team is not hated(or feared) by anyone. The least successful of the six original teams, what have you won in the past decade for all those playoff games?

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Well apparently the Isles suck and this is all just a fake hot streak and their lineup has no depth and everyone only scores because of John Tavares.

Does that expedite the responses for this thread?

Victimhood narrative is strong among some of you guys, congrats on the great team, but you've been garbage for pretty much the entirety of JT's career.

Reactions: luki here

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wasn't he injured playing football in HS, or was that Budish? If so, that might've affected his draft.

yangmang

Sep 28, 2006
If you look at his career stats, not just this year, dude (mostly) produces. Why was he only a sixth-round pick, and is he going to keep it up do you think, Islanders fans? He has a really low profile considering his goal totals.
hes aight not too good or too bad just aight

YesCubed

Mar 2, 2015

posts like this help me through the dark times

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Anders Lee is the kind of prototypical power forward every team wants. Camps in front of the net and gobbles up offensive rebounds like Andre Drummond. Simmonds, Pavelski, JVR, Backes play similar games - very easy to rack up points when you have strong net presence and quick instincts.

Playing with Tavares certainly doesn't hurt his stats, but I honestly believe he'd be effective for all other 30 NHL teams.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Anders Lee is the kind of prototypical power forward every team wants. Camps in front of the net and gobbles up offensive rebounds like Andre Drummond. Simmonds, Pavelski, JVR, Backes play similar games - very easy to rack up points when you have strong net presence and quick instincts.

Playing with Tavares certainly doesn't hurt his stats, but I honestly believe he'd be effective for all other 30 NHL teams.

He's huge, there are maybe 3 defenseman in the league that could clear him from the front of the net, and that's a big maybe. He gets to the dirty areas and wins most board battles, and his playmaking has gotten much better over the past year.

He is a true power forward with a very good scoring touch.

Reactions: Chrisinroch

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010

Most of which have been started by non-Islanders fans...

DERRRRRS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->