Interview With P.K. Subban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blades 0f Steel

Jun 23, 2002
Thanks for asking about the player comparison. I didn't think even he was confident enough to compare himself to Niedermayer.

Last one. You're obviously already a fan favorite and well liked in Montreal. It's not too often fans get to talk to a player. What would you like to tell the Montreal Canadiens fans?
P.K.:
That whether im on the ice or off the ice im going to work as hard as i possibly can to shed positive light on the organization and its fans, and i know thats all the fans ask for.

Oh you poor, naive kid. ;)

True_Canadiens

Jul 17, 2006
Habs Country
He's great! Look at the reaction of a fan on Mapleleafs.com:

Read this.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&a...rticleid=323240

I read this and thought, "Wow. This guy will be good." Confidence is the greatest asset and if you have enough of it you can do anything. I also thought, "Damn, he's from Belleville and he just got drafted by the freakin' Crabs!" Like, his family lives in Toronto and his dad is a Montreal fan...yuck. AND, his dad decorated their house in "le bleu, blanc, et rouge". In TORONTO. blink.gif What a dip$&*#!!
Anyways, this guy will be good, mark my words. I know, I can't believe I'm writing about a HABS prospect. I'm going batty. He says he'll bring a Cup to Montreal. Let's just hope he doesn't bite Toronto in the @** to do it.

PK Subban rule.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
When I was looking forward to this year's draft I had some more rational and more emotional pick preferences. I obviously don't get to see a fraction of what the scouting team sees. But I was hoping that Timmins would pick one of my emotional favourites. One example: Bill Sweatt. He's really exciting to watch, was called by some the fastest player in the draft. I figured if the Habs would pick him they would have seen better finishing abilities than generally reported.

That brings me to Subban. The guy is 10,000 volts of energy on the ice. He started rising in some rankings during the Bulls playoff run. The Habs obviously think they can work on his defensive shortcoming. I must say he's the Habs pick I'm emotionaly the most excited about.

Joe Malone

Aug 29, 2002
Mabou....Wawa
Here is another great interview with PK!!

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=323240

More of the same but still good.

“Bobby Orr is my favorite player,†he says. “But I like Denis Savard. The spin-o-rama. I like that a lot. It’s a big part of my game.....â€

Before Denis Savard mastered the spin-o-rama, Montreal defenseman Serge Savard was famous for it; on the point to evade an opposing player. Legendary Habs play-by-play man Danny Gallivan called it the "Savardian Spin-o-rama".

Soooo............let me be the first to christen PK's move the "Subbanian Spin-o-rama".

TheViperOne

Jul 26, 2005
Bump for a nice interview I did with PK shortly after he was drafted. Nice to look back on and I usually don't necro stuff but since it's so long ago I bet some new users haven't seen it.

PricePkPatch*

I didn't looked at the interview date at first, so I was puzzled about the possibility of having him converted as a forward XD

Good stuff to look back, 6 years later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad