Interview With P.K. Subban

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheViperOne

Jul 26, 2005
I sat down today with P.K. and probed him some questions everyone on these forums has been wondering.

Me:
P.K, what current NHL defenseman do you think you could closely compare yourself to?
P.K.
Scott neidamyer. i think thats how u spell his last name
Me:
If you were asked to play forward, would your game translate easily and would you be willing to do it?
P.K.:
Oh forsure, i would do anything to help the team win
Me:
Did you know that you're already a huge fan favorite in Montreal due to your charisma and personality?
P.K.:
Not really, lol, if i am thats great! i mean i still have alot to prove!
Me:
Once you become a Canadien, what number would you choose to wear and why?
P.K.:
well i have worn number 6 for my whole junior career, but that number is taken so i think i might go with pretty much watever number is given to me...lol
Me:
Well, that number might not be taken for long...

I would imagine your training program heading into the summer will be pretty intense. Can you outline basically what it's going to be like
P.K.:
alot of cardiovascular training, and because of the new NHL Cardio should be the main focus in your training program
Me:
What would be the most weird experience you've had with a fan? I know you're probably overwhelmed with the amount of facebook requests, MSN additions etc only 24 hours after you were drafted. I'm sure you have a story to tell already.
P.K.:
yea forsure, well the pictures and the facebook groups that were created , where pretty amazing ....I especially like the james bond photo
Me:
As you know, Montreal is a city that speaks a fair amount of French. Are you considering learning a bit of French before you come to Montreal?
P.K.:
Im considering to actually take a french course to improve my french
Me:
You indicated at the draft that you expect to make the big club at camp. Given that there are few inviduals that actually make the big step at your age, how do you plan to do it?
P.K.:
well, obviously just to continue to get as strong as possible over the next couple of weeks, and show wat i can do at camp...and we will see wat happens i mean its nopt an easy task but im confident i can make things happen
Me:
A lot of people have heard that you have a cannon from the point. What is your fastest clocked slap shot to date?
P.K.:
to be honest the last time i clocked my shot it was about 5 or 6 years ago ...so im not sure how hard it is but i think its up their...lol
Me:
Which Montreal Canadien right now do you most look forward to playing with?
P.K.:
I look forward to playing with alot of them.... but obviously the captain Saku Koivu... I mean as a person he is inspirational to alot people let alone just hockey players... to see what he battled through and the way he handled his endeavours in the past is amazing and im definately looking forward to meeting him.
Me:
What's it like being a Montreal fan in Toronto?
P.K.:
Unbelievable! I mean its fun with the rivalry's and stuff between friends.
Me:
What kind of music do you listen to and what's your current favorite album?
P.K.:
i listen to alot of types of music...alot of it depends on what type of mood im in...but i like to listen to rap, hip hop, and mostly R&B, Im currently enjoying alot of Jay-Z and Tupac..lol
Me:
A lot of Swedish hockey fans are chuckling. Do you know what your name means in Swedish?
P.K.:
ive heard ...lool its actually pretty Funny....lol. u really have to have a sense of humor to that stuff
Me:
Exactly, it's all in good fun.

Last one. You're obviously already a fan favorite and well liked in Montreal. It's not too often fans get to talk to a player. What would you like to tell the Montreal Canadiens fans?
P.K.:
That whether im on the ice or off the ice im going to work as hard as i possibly can to shed positive light on the organization and its fans, and i know thats all the fans ask for.
Me:
Thank you very much for your time, P.K. . If you want to read your interview and the responses it should be posted on www.hfboards.com under the Montreal Canadiens section within 20 minutes.
P.K.:
Thank You so much!!! I appreciate everything that u have done !

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I sat down today with P.K. and probed him some questions everyone on these forums has been wondering.

Me:
P.K, what current NHL defenseman do you think you could closely compare yourself to?
P.K.
Scott neidamyer. i think thats how u spell his last name

who's Neidamyer? :biglaugh:

The n00b King ©*

nice!

definitely needs guys with this kind of attitude in the organization!

no more prima donas! character fellas with heart, grit, passion and determination!

Fido22

Jun 22, 2006
Am I the only one that thinks that he is faking it? That deep down, all he wants to do is float? I see through you PK! :sarcasm:

Habs4Lyfe

Drive for 25
Apr 18, 2006
Brampton
does anyone know if he is a member of HF? It would be nice to have someone like that post here once in a while to keep us in the loop of whats going on with his training and development!

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
I hope he's a coachable kid...obviously, the Montreal staff will ask him to work on a couple of things after the rookie camp in July...but with his attitude, I don't think there will be any problem...

Joey

Jul 17, 2004
Ontario
I hope his determination is infectious. A quality like that, if always present in a person like it seems to be in PK, is a great addition to any locker-room

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
does anyone know if he is a member of HF? It would be nice to have someone like that post here once in a while to keep us in the loop of whats going on with his training and development!
Actually, I think he could get into trouble if he would do that, but it would be sure cool!

Hope he use the Russ Tyler's Knuckle-Puck one day :yo:

znk

Nov 5, 2005
Montreal

If I was a hockey player I'd stay away from such a place. I'd never read it either....People are realy easy with the criticism of players. I dont think it would be good for confidence in the long run lol.

znk

Nov 5, 2005
Montreal
It kinda sucks for Nielson81 tho....someone needs to tell him to find different questions.

AD

Aug 2, 2005
Bigassofficetower
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad