Injury Report: Injury Thread '22-‘23 (Post 1 has current injury status)

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I mean if you listed him as out for 2-3 weeks, does that not make him week to week?

No. Week to week is a longer term injury usually lasting 1.5 - 2 months or more.

Bear in mind I enter what the Oilers state the injury and the length of injury is, backed up by the direct link which I always post. I then update the status as new reports come it.

I am not making this stuff up. Just posting it for the forum members as a courtesy so they can see the injuries in one place easily.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
No. Week to week is a longer term injury usually lasting 1.5 - 2 months or more.

Bear in mind I enter what the Oilers state the injury and the length of injury is, backed up by the direct link which I always post. I then update the status as new reports come it.

I am not making this stuff up. Just posting it for the forum members as a courtesy so they can see the injuries in one place easily.
so he evander is not playing ice hockey tonight?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
This coming Friday would mark exactly two weeks since Kane played last I think, so that would be the 2 week healing mark. I wouldn't expect him back before then. That said he is a tough SOB and maybe he will come back sooner.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I honestly forgot that Ryan Murray was on our team.
He's our Mike Green replacement.;)

That sucks, and is different than the information that came out right after the injury (which said it wasn't serious, and likely only a couple weeks). 4-6 weeks from today means it it like 2 months total.
Typical Oilers, understating an injury.

OddManRush

Mar 22, 2022
Brutal timing for Holloway. I assume he will only be getting paid AHL money during recovery since that is where the injury occurred. Is this correct?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Any word on Kaner?? I still don't even know what happened to him, any insight?
Sounds like bruised ribs, he was listed as day to day recently so hopefully he plays today, but I can see the Oilers giving him this weekend off v the Jets so he's good to go vs Buffalo Boston Toronto next week.

Reactions: McNuge

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Sounds like bruised ribs, he was listed as day to day recently so hopefully he plays today, but I can see the Oilers giving him this weekend off v the Jets so he's good to go vs Buffalo Boston Toronto next week.

Gregor on 1260 yesterday said that Kane would not be playing Friday vs Winnipeg, so likely not Saturday as well then one would assume. Maybe Monday vs Buffalo?

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Gregor on 1260 yesterday said that Kane would not be playing Friday vs Winnipeg, so likely not Saturday as well then one would assume. Maybe Monday vs Buffalo?

I'm surprised they haven't put him on LTIR. It would give them the option to call up someone making more than 850k to replace him. With Yams also banged up/trying to find his game, the top 9 is looking shallower than it should.

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
McLeod-Drai-Yams
Foegele-Bjugstad-Janmark
Kostin-Ryan

Though my guess is Woody is happy to keep playing 7D until Ekholm is settled in. Same with Bjugstad upfront being the only new guy trying to integrate into the team vs. having two of them.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I'm surprised they haven't put him on LTIR. It would give them the option to call up someone making more than 850k to replace him. With Yams also banged up/trying to find his game, the top 9 is looking shallower than it should.

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
McLeod-Drai-Yams
Foegele-Bjugstad-Janmark
Kostin-Ryan

Though my guess is Woody is happy to keep playing 7D until Ekholm is settled in. Same with Bjugstad upfront being the only new guy trying to integrate into the team vs. having two of them.

They can always put him on LTIR retroactively if they think he will miss 10 games and 24 days. It doesn't sound like that will be the case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad