Injury Report: Injury Thread 2018-19 [Klefbom (Finger Surgery, Out 2 Months)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
So with Klefbom out with an assumed broken hand. How long does that usually take to heal? Google says anything from 3 weeks to 8 weeks, depending on the bone that is broken.

Other than McDavid, Klefbom is the player that we can't afford getting hurt the most. Our defense is already pretty pathetic with him playing. Our top 3 is going to be Larsson, Nurse, and Russell? God help us all.

Really sucks, as we fight our way back into the playoff conversation, and then this happens. We were a long shot to make the playoffs before, and now it's going to take a minor miracle.

I'd say at least 6 weeks, if it's any bone in the hand itself. A finger and it could be a few weeks. I broke a bone in my foot this past summer (not the same, I realize) and it took a solid 8 weeks. But was a major bone and a complete fracture/break. Hope this is just a crack, and something near his pinky or something that might heal faster or not affect him as much.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Horrible news with Klef out. Need everyone to step up big time in his absence. Gregor said we went 8-7-1 without him last year.

Caleb Jones likely getting a call up?

McDaddy

ruh roh
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
Yeah, probably. At least we made it to December this year, instead of it being over in November. Maybe we'll make it to January next year!
I was being cynical, but I'm truly worried that this is going to really ruin the momentum we've been garnering since Hitch was hired.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Horrible news with Klef out. Need everyone to step up big time in his absence. Gregor said we went 8-7-1 without him last year.

Wasn’t Larsson struggling at that time too?(For obvious reasons.) Klefbom will be a big loss but I think we have a better d-Corp (and the returning D are playing better, Larsson, Benning, Russell, Nurse looking good again) to weather him being out. Could be that he’s back when Sekera is which will be a huge boost.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Klef out weeks? This is bad, this is really bad. He's one of 3 players that the Oilers can't afford to lose although I guess Koskinen is debatable with Talbot as the backup.
I just hope that Chia doesn't make a panic trade.

Reactions: Belieber

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Whats the D gonna look like ?

Nurse-Larsson
Russel-Benning
Gravel-Jones

....yikes

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton

Huge hole, I immediately thought Jones when I seen this as well, had a good camp and apparently is playing solid in the minors. Unfortunately we have brutal back end depth so would be surprised if we can with stand this

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
The more I think about it, the more confident I feel that we will get through this.

Our blue line still has some good pieces in Nurse, Larsson, Gravel, Russell and the team is buying into Hitch’s system.

Months would have been devistating. We can survive weeks without Klefbom. Other teams battle through injuries now it’s our turn.

Reactions: Porkleaker

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

Considering the Oilers record last year, isn’t them playing above 500 hockey actually better? Like when compared to the rest of the season with him in the lineup.

Reactions: bone and Mav3rick07

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
If they don't call up Ethan Bear, you can pretty much forget about the Oilers scoring power play goals for the next 4-8 weeks. He looked pretty decent in his stint last year, and he has some offensive instincts, whereas the rest of the blueliners do not.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
If they don't call up Ethan Bear, you can pretty much forget about the Oilers scoring power play goals for the next 4-8 weeks. He looked pretty decent in his stint last year, and he has some offensive instincts, whereas the rest of the blueliners do not.
Agreed. Even nurse who has been scoring lately half the time sends the puck to Jupiter.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Why are we calling up anybody ? Doesn’t Wideman fill in now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad