Post-Game Talk: Inigo Montoya slays his father's killer! Jets win 1-0

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I agree with both allanoh and sipowicz's statements. You guys are both bang on. I was at the Florida game and the negative dummy beside kept yelling play to win not to lose cause he thought the game was boring. Watching the trap may be boring but its about wins and some fans won't like the trap but Im about the W's!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Interesting game......Ottawa semi no showed except for a few pockets in each period......we put them to sleep. Their goalie played very well.

glad Hainsey is getting the love he had a very solid game and is a rock on the back end for us so far this season.

Montoya looked comfortable and confident and our D all did a decent job keeping the lanes clear for him to see the shot.

props to the coaching staff.......very sound game plan...... I have zero problems with the trap especially on the road with two of our top 4 D out and our starting goalie struggling.

Burmi was excellant.....he still dangles but he rarely "overhandles" it anymore. Seems like he has figured out exactly when to release it so the cycle stays engaged. he was very dangerous tonigh but a hot goalie kept him off the score sheet.

YWG heck of a prediction on Poni :handclap: and TroubaFan1 your pregame optimism outdueled my pessimism thank god.

Boring game GREAT WIN

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Ah yes, it's all compiled from the RTSS Play-By-Play report:

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20122013/PL020157.HTM

Interesting. Nice to see the Jets allowed only 4 shots on 3 PK's (and recorded a shot themselves on a pretty good chance).

mhmm...
Also interesting Jets' were ~+8 as a team at the point of Ponikarovsky's goal... almost everyone was positive then, just most of the negatives came after as OTT tried to turn up the burners.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I agree with both allanoh and sipowicz's statements. You guys are both bang on. I was at the Florida game and the negative dummy beside kept yelling play to win not to lose cause he thought the game was boring. Watching the trap may be boring but its about wins and some fans won't like the trap but Im about the W's!
I really enjoy possession hockey. I also wouldn't pin hole Noel as a trap coach. He seems to like North / South offensive hockey. The Jets played a lot of it last year. The plan seems to change with personnel, as it should when you lose two all start level talents on defense.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I really enjoy possession hockey. I also wouldn't pin hole Noel as a trap coach. He seems to like North / South offensive hockey. The Jets played a lot of it last year. The plan seems to change with personnel, as it should when you lose two all start level talents on defense.

Agreed! Just noticed that after their three days off that their PK has been better and more aggresive and they have been playing that 1-2-2 more often during the game. It will only get better!

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Hainsey wasn't great today but has been a fantastic defender for us this year so far. Best one of the group defensively this season.

I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

Hainsey tends to play well in contract years.

Dave512

Apr 10, 2012
Albany NY
Just finished watching the game on Gamecenter Live. Definite nail biter, glad to see the Jets get two points.

Montoya played a hell of a game. Is it a problem that I wasn't expecting every opposition shot to go in tonight, as I tend to do when Pavelec is in net? Montoya has to get the next start.

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Hainsey tends to play well in contract years.

How do you even measure that...

He was picked up off waivers from Columbus.

His last contract year was 5 years ago. And in his last year in Columbus before the Atlanta deal he finished with almost identical points the year before..

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
How do you even measure that...

He was picked up off waivers from Columbus.

His last contract year was 5 years ago. And in his last year in Columbus before the Atlanta deal he finished with almost identical points the year before..

Plus the fact that Hainsey is no more efficient (in fact maybe less efficient but the workload/weight is higher) than last season...

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I blame it on the commentators.

Yea when ever we get the CBC F troop team it's painful......the play by play guy sounds like he callinga Baseball game......zero energy with a very relaxed sleepy tone.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Yea when ever we get the CBC F troop team it's painful......the play by play guy sounds like he callinga Baseball game......zero energy with a very relaxed sleepy tone.

Glad I was not the only one who noticed this. Perhaps to get a little excitement in the PbP booth, CBC should stuff a few over caffeinate chimpanzees into the room armed with tasers and shockwands.
PbP was like a slow Perry Como song lulling me to sleep at times.

At least the Jets figured out how to put this one away.
Congrats, pat on the back, now go do it again, no more of this nosedive 3rd period crap.

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
Ottawa were brutal today. Nice effort by the Jets. They totally deserved to win this game. Hope Montoya starts next game. It would light a fire under Pavelec to start playing better. By starting Pavelec would send the message that he will start no matter how he plays. Without Byfuglien in the lineup, it really takes away from our offense. As much as I hate the way he plays defensively, he is such a critical part of this team because of what he adds to the offense and power play. If we can stay at .500 by the end of the nine of eleven games on the road coming up, we will be in good shape for the playoffs.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Ottawa were brutal today. Nice effort by the Jets. They totally deserved to win this game. Hope Montoya starts next game. It would light a fire under Pavelec to start playing better. By starting Pavelec would send the message that he will start no matter how he plays. Without Byfuglien in the lineup, it really takes away from our offense. As much as I hate the way he plays defensively, he is such a critical part of this team because of what he adds to the offense and power play. If we can stay at .500 by the end of the nine of eleven games on the road coming up, we will be in good shape for the playoffs.
Hopefully Pav drops 10 lbs with this flu or take a liking to the cold sweats and takes up a little bit of cardio work.

No more 220lb Pavi!

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Kane could score 5 in a game, but i Dont think anyone else could come even close

While I would love to see that, I doubt it will happen. Kane needs to expand his game a little. It seems his one trick of Kane bank passing to Kane has been seen by the D men one too many times, and is not working like it did last year.

Not seeing him drive the net as much, though he has had his chances, is not getting the numbers up.

Low chemistry line the issue? Motivation issue? Just snake bit?
Guess we will find out.

Please Kane, prove me wrong...I really want to be wrong.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
While I would love to see that, I doubt it will happen. Kane needs to expand his game a little. It seems his one trick of Kane bank passing to Kane has been seen by the D men one too many times, and is not working like it did last year.

Not seeing him drive the net as much, though he has had his chances, is not getting the numbers up.

Low chemistry line the issue? Motivation issue? Just snake bit?
Guess we will find out.

Please Kane, prove me wrong...I really want to be wrong.

Kane is a great 5v5 player and scores on par with the elites when it comes to 5v5...
But problem is on the PP that all disappears due to lack of IQ... which is why I think he'll be a 30-35 goal scorer for years to come but never pass that (unless he can learn to work the PP better or the Jets find a better role for him within the PP).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad