Post-Game Talk: Inigo Montoya slays his father's killer! Jets win 1-0

Gaald

Mar 17, 2012
Actually he just needs to lose 10 from his catching hand :sarcasm:

Agreed! He's been playing pretty decent except for the fact he can't catch anything top shelf with that glove. I said in the Toronto thread. You might as well put a sign up in that corner saying, Shoot here and score! You can tell all the teams have keyed in on that weakness. Everyone targets him top corner glove side.

If he can fix that issue with his glove side his save percentage would be amazing!

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I greatly approve of this thread title. Watched the game with a couple of friends and a lot of beer, and we noticed something... Both teams looked awful!:laugh:

There were bad offsides, bad passes, bad receptions of the passes, bad shots, bad everything!

Good thing was how hard our team worked with getting the rebounds away from the net after Inigo's initial saves.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I don't know, I thought the Jets did a pretty good job of cycling and moving the puck around in the offensive zone. In fact I enjoyed a few occasions where it seemed like Ottawa was stuck and having troubles getting out of their end like the Jets usually do. The crowd was getting pretty annoyed too at times. :) I also thought our guys did a great job of getting their sticks in the way and intercepting passes and deflecting weak shots on our goal and then actually hustling to get the puck and move it to the other end.

If we can get Buff and Bogo back over the next couple of games I feel a lot more optimistic going into this road heavy part of th eschedule coming up...

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I don't know, I thought the Jets did a pretty good job of cycling and moving the puck around in the offensive zone. In fact I enjoyed a few occasions where it seemed like Ottawa was stuck and having troubles getting out of their end like the Jets usually do. The crowd was getting pretty annoyed too at times. :) I also thought our guys did a great job of getting their sticks in the way and intercepting passes and deflecting weak shots on our goal and then actually hustling to get the puck and move it to the other end.

If we can get Buff and Bogo back over the next couple of games I feel a lot more optimistic going into this road heavy part of th eschedule coming up...

Agree on both points - it was a perfectly boring road win, contested minus one our top offensive players, and minus two of our top 3D.

Absolutely cant wait to see Buff and Bogo back in the lineup.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Agree on both points - it was a perfectly boring road win, contested minus one our top offensive players, and minus two of our top 3D.

Absolutely cant wait to see Buff and Bogo back in the lineup.

Wheeler? :(

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
1.Buff and Estrome.

Eveyone taks about how Buff is devvensivly a liability bbut Enstrome covers up for him.
But I have been watching every game this season and to me it looks like Enstrome is really struggling at both ends of the Ice without Buff. I think it shows that Enstrom benefits fro the time and space that is generated for him by Buffs presence.
other teams are forced to comit 2 guys to Buff (or atleast 1 1/2) and Toby is given extra time and space as a result. Toby seems to really struggle and make horrible decisions with his passing at both ends of the ice when under pressure. He also needs to grow a set and shoot the puck more. even with all the points he gets he makes horrible decisions.

Net result is we win more with Buff than without and that trend seems to be continuing. I worry about Toby's play and despite his scoring, i think he costs us more than he gives us when Buff isn't around to relieve the pressure.

2. Kane. well it really seems to me that every team has figured out how to play against him. when he tries his bounce pass to himself rush down the boards thing, the other team colapses to him with one guy squeezing the boards and a couple of guys blocking the route thru the middle and all you end up with is a puck in a useless position no jet can reach, and a quick outlet pass for the D. Kane isn't doing anything well this year so far. his game is pretty one dimensional. over and over and over last year and this year. He isn't battling infront of the net. he isn't passing at all, and he's very easily defended against.

3.Remond is deserving of a place on the team. Moreso than any of our other tweener D right now. Send Postma down a waive Clitsome or trade them. whatever. Redmond has jumped in, played big minutes and looked confident and capable from day 1. h should stay up. there comes a time when "potential up side" isn't worth as much as "day to day performance" and I think Redmonds performance outweighs everyones potential.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Also the years before and after contract years.

He also plays pretty well in years that don't include contract years, or years before and after contract years, though his '***** about Hainsey per minute' numbers are up significantly.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
1.Buff and Estrome.

Eveyone taks about how Buff is devvensivly a liability bbut Enstrome covers up for him.
But I have been watching every game this season and to me it looks like Enstrome is really struggling at both ends of the Ice without Buff. I think it shows that Enstrom benefits fro the time and space that is generated for him by Buffs presence.
other teams are forced to comit 2 guys to Buff (or atleast 1 1/2) and Toby is given extra time and space as a result. Toby seems to really struggle and make horrible decisions with his passing at both ends of the ice when under pressure. He also needs to grow a set and shoot the puck more. even with all the points he gets he makes horrible decisions.

Net result is we win more with Buff than without and that trend seems to be continuing. I worry about Toby's play and despite his scoring, I think he costs us more than he gives us when Buff isn't around to relieve the pressure.

The way I look at it is they compliment each other. Your thoughts are exactly why I see Enstrom needs Byfuglien, and there are reasons why I think Byfuglien needs Enstrom. Looking at the last 3 seasons, both have done better together than apart:

Together they outscore opponents in a ratio of 54.1%
Apart Enstrom gets outscored with a ratio of 43.4% and Byfuglien 48.9%

Ebony and Ivory :)

I'll disagree with the Kane comment and semi-agree with Redmond comment :)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad