Prospect Info: In the System Part VII (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Fabbro looking solid so far in the tournament. Certainly not going to be an offensive defenseman but a solid two-way D with a bit more defensive play. Good PK'er.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
We also need to keep in mind that defensemen take longer to develop, and Carrier (2015 draft) and Allard (2016) are still really young. Even Jack Dougherty (2014) is relatively young for a an AHL defenseman

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Prospect Watch Week: 14
Name & League / Games Played / Goals / Assists / Points /

Victor Ejdsell (SHL) / 30 / 8 / 7 / 15 /
Victor Ejdsell (CHL) / 6 / 1 / 2 / 3
Eeli Tolvanen (KHL) / 39 / 17 / 15 / 32 /
Eeli Tolvanen (EHT) / 3 / 2 / 1 / 3 /
Eeli Tolvanen (WJC) / 4 / 1 / 4 / 5 /
Jacob Paquette (OHL) / 34 / 3 / 6 / 9 /
Pavel Koltygin (QMJHL) / 38 / 10 / 20 / 30 /
Grant Mismash (NCAA) / 19 / 5 / 9 / 14 /
Patrick Harper (NCAA) / 19 / 8 / 13 / 21 /
Patrick Harper (WJC) / 4 / 1 / 1 / 2
David Farrance (NCAA) / 16 / 0 / 2 / 2 /
Dante Fabbro (NCAA) / 18 / 4 / 8 / 12 /
Dante Fabbro (WJC) / 4 / 0 / 0 / 0 /
Rem Pitlick (NCAA) / 22 / 9 / 12 / 21 /
Thomas Novak (NCAA) / 22 / 2 / 16 / 18 /
Adam Smith (NCAA) / 20 / 0 / 0 / 0 /

Name & League / Games Played / GAA / Sv% / Wins

Karel Vejmelka (CZE) / 6 / 1.81 / .937 / 3
Karel Vejmelka (CZE*Loan*) / 3 / 2.64 / .895 / 0
Karel Vejmelka (CZE2) / 5 / 1.98 / .915 / 3
Karel Vejmelka (CHL) / 3 / 2.25 / .939 / 2
Konstantin Volkov (MHL) / 15 / 2.06 / .917 / ?
Konstantin Volkov (VHL) / 2 / 9.77 / .667 / ?
Tomas Vomacka (USHL) / 18 / 2.54 / .912 / 7​

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
We also need to keep in mind that defensemen take longer to develop, and Carrier (2015 draft) and Allard (2016) are still really young. Even Jack Dougherty (2014) is relatively young for a an AHL defenseman

Carrier will be in the NHL. Allard needs playing time in Milwaukee. He will probably be in the NHL in 2019 or 2020. His defense is not consistent, but he is good for a rookie. Dougherty is steady.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Bobby Butler is on Team USA for the Olympics. So is Jon Blum. So is Mark Arcobello. So is Ryan Zapolski. That's 3 current or former Admirals (though Zapolski never played in a game for them) and Arcobello who was a Pred for what, 4 games or something?

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Bobby Butler is on Team USA for the Olympics. So is Jon Blum. So is Mark Arcobello. So is Ryan Zapolski. That's 3 current or former Admirals (though Zapolski never played in a game for them) and Arcobello who was a Pred for what, 4 games or something?

So here's how this goes down... Bobby Butler goes to the Olympics. Upon the completion of the Olympics, he subsequently signs an NHL contract with a team other than the Preds and gets reassigned elsewhere. :)

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Here's a nice story.

Pierre-Cedric Labrie and Jana Pieuze-Roy expected a baby in the new year.

Instead they got a story about a snowstorm bad enough to scare a Canadian, and an act of kindness that would turn a hockey bruiser into a 6-foot-3, 228-pound teddy bear.

And they got Lionel.

Although the littlest Labrie got an early start on the party, he waited just long enough.

“We played here on Friday, left for Grand Rapids on Saturday and she texted me. In the bus. Half way,” said Labrie, who plays left wing for the Milwaukee Admirals.
“She’s like, ‘Yeah, I’m having some cramps.’ I’m like, ‘Tell me right now. I’ll stop the bus and get a ride from here.’ She said, ‘No, I’m going to be fine.’ ”

So Labrie and the Admirals completed their 4 1/2-hour bus ride around the southern tip of Lake Michigan, hoping to carry the high from a home-ice victory over Chicago into an evening game against the Grand Rapids Griffins.

“I went to bed around midnight, and at 2 a.m. the phone rings,” Labrie said after practice Thursday at the UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena.

“Water broke.”

The first flight out of Grand Rapids to anywhere close would have got Labrie to Chicago at 6:30 in the morning, and he’d still have had a 90 minute drive to Milwaukee.

“Her mom, for two kids, (labor was) less than six hours,” Labrie said. “I knew I had really a small gap.”

Other options were getting him nowhere, and time was wasting.

His last thought was to wake up Admirals teammate Mark Zengerle, who spent two seasons as a Griffin. It couldn’t hurt to ask him for ideas, right?

“I was like, ‘Zenger, you played in GR (Grand Rapids) a couple years ago,’ ” Labrie said. “ ‘Do you know anybody that would let me borrow a car?’ Because I called taxi drivers, there’s a bad storm, no one wants to take me to Milwaukee. With the New Year’s Eve parties, all the chauffeurs for the private cars are reserved.

More at the link

An Admirals tough guy, a tiny baby, a snowstorm and an opponent's act of kindness

636507189060418226-labrie06p1.jpg

Detelethisaccount

Jul 5, 2013
Here's a nice story.

Instead they got a story about a snowstorm bad enough to scare a Canadian, and an act of kindness that would turn a hockey bruiser into a 6-foot-3, 228-pound teddy bear.

And they got Lionel.

Although the littlest Labrie got an early start on the party, he waited just long enough.

“We played here on Friday, left for Grand Rapids on Saturday and she texted me. In the bus. Half way,” said Labrie, who plays left wing for the Milwaukee Admirals.
“She’s like, ‘Yeah, I’m having some cramps.’ I’m like, ‘Tell me right now. I’ll stop the bus and get a ride from here.’ She said, ‘No, I’m going to be fine.’ ”

So Labrie and the Admirals completed their 4 1/2-hour bus ride around the southern tip of Lake Michigan, hoping to carry the high from a home-ice victory over Chicago into an evening game against the Grand Rapids Griffins.

“I went to bed around midnight, and at 2 a.m. the phone rings,” Labrie said after practice Thursday at the UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena.

“Water broke.”

The first flight out of Grand Rapids to anywhere close would have got Labrie to Chicago at 6:30 in the morning, and he’d still have had a 90 minute drive to Milwaukee.

“Her mom, for two kids, (labor was) less than six hours,” Labrie said. “I knew I had really a small gap.”

His last thought was to wake up Admirals teammate Mark Zengerle, who spent two seasons as a Griffin. It couldn’t hurt to ask him for ideas, right?

“I was like, ‘Zenger, you played in GR (Grand Rapids) a couple years ago,’ ” Labrie said. “ ‘Do you know anybody that would let me borrow a car?’ Because I called taxi drivers, there’s a bad storm, no one wants to take me to Milwaukee. With the New Year’s Eve parties, all the chauffeurs for the private cars are reserved.

More at the link

An Admirals tough guy, a tiny baby, a snowstorm and an opponent's act of kindness

I read that story this morning, one of the Admirals related accounts tweeted out a link. Tom McCollum sounds like a real stand up guy, not sure I would let a stranger borrow my truck in a snowstorm.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
This is random but I'm posting it here because it has to do with prospects.

If a youth player from Tennessee was going to go the CHL route, would he be basically "assigned" to the OHL draft rather than the WHL or the Q? I've read that regarding US prospects, the OHL basically has rights to what is essentially east of the Mississippi River, but not all of New England (the Q), however I've never seen Tennessee specified exactly. Blake Geoffrion doesn't help because he went the USA program route. Anyone know?

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
This is random but I'm posting it here because it has to do with prospects.

If a youth player from Tennessee was going to go the CHL route, would he be basically "assigned" to the OHL draft rather than the WHL or the Q? I've read that regarding US prospects, the OHL basically has rights to what is essentially east of the Mississippi River, but not all of New England (the Q), however I've never seen Tennessee specified exactly. Blake Geoffrion doesn't help because he went the USA program route. Anyone know?

If the TN player is going CHL he is drafted through the OHL draft. New England is assigned to the Q. Mississippi River to NY/New England border is OHL, thus TN. And every state west of the Mississippi is WHL. IF the player goes undrafted they can become a free agent and can sign to either of the 3. (BUT at that point, f*** it, USHL)

Reactions: Drake744

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Ads won 4-3 in a shoot out tonight. They beat the Iowa Wild and the worst set of on ice officials that I have ever seen in the AHL.

I hope that Dean Evason sends the tape of the game to the league office in Springfield, Mass. It was a —-fest by the refs. Beating the Iowa Wild is hard enough. Having to also beat the refs is asking too much. Grade of 2 out of 10 for those bums.

Anthony Richard scored the first two goals for Milwaukee. He took a stick to the face and was laying on the ice bleeding. No penalty was called on the Iowa Wild's #3 Nick Seeler. He deserves at least 5 games.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Here's a nice story.

And they got Lionel.

“Water broke.”

More at the link

PC was all over the ice last night. That was the best game that I have seen him play this season. Congrats to both parents!

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
So whats the consensus on how the various preds prospects looked at the WJC?

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Tolvanen pretty great obviously but was snakebit as hell, even before the tournament.

Fabbro was solid for Canada, killing penalties and being good in their own end. Not much offense from him. Was injured a little bit so we have to remember that. But he was probably Canada's best DFD.

Didn't see Harper much but I think he was pretty invisible.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Highlights from the Anders Lindback Show.

Pay attention to the Wolves bench on the double save late in the 2nd period. :laugh:

Just watched this and oh boy that Freddy G shootout goal :nod:

I might have said this earlier, but if he wasn't on a 2-way contract, I think he would be in the lineup today.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013

I might have said this earlier, but if he wasn't on a 2-way contract, I think he would be in the lineup today.
2 way only controls money and has nothing to do with waiver status. He is in Milwaukee due to being waiver exempt which is due to lack of experience.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

Those highlights are for Wednesday's game. Freddy's Friday night goal SO goal was better.

The Ads were FED UP with the refs! They should not have had to go into OT or SO. They would have speared the goalie to win, if needed, but all 3 guys scored in the Shootout. The disallowed goal should have counted. I loved the "Refs, you suck!" chant by a 1000 or so people, out of 4300, for at least 30 seconds.

Last edited:

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
2 way only controls money and has nothing to do with waiver status. He is in Milwaukee due to being waiver exempt which is due to lack of experience.
Ah, yes, brain fart. Meant waiver exempt :loony: :laugh:

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Anyone else looking at the college's and seeing how they are doing? BU might miss the NCAAs. So who would the Preds sign other than Fabbro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad