Prospect Info: In the System Part VI (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Tyler Moy (6th rnd, 2015) seems to be having a good season in the NCAA. 14+16 in 26 games so a bit over point per game pace. He's on his final year too so we shall see what happens once his season is over.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Yes! Milwaukee gives up a goal in the first 90 seconds, again. They fall behind 3-1 and score 5 goals including 2 ENGs to win 6-3. It was a CRAZY third period once again.

Was that Friday's game or Sunday's game?

Goodness, I think Maz is spotting them a goal in the first 2 minutes just so the team doesn't get complacent.

Just for fun... Maz and Gunnarsson are both RFAs at the end of the season. I can't think of any reason why either would return. Maz has no NHL future with the Preds, and Gunnarsson isn't even given a chance.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Was that Friday's game or Saturday's game?

Goodness, I think Maz is spotting them a goal in the first 2 minutes just so the team doesn't get complacent.

Just for fun... Maz and Gunnarsson are both RFAs at the end of the season. I can't think of any reason why either would return. Maz has no NHL future with the Preds, and Gunnarsson isn't even given a chance.

Im sure the Preds would prefer to keep Maz around another year as injury insurance. Im guessing they give him a qualifying offer and if so that really limits Mazs options other than going back to Europe.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
We have no choice but to give Maz a QO since he's the only goalie we have that fulfills the expansion draft requirements (Pekka NMC, Saros exempt.)

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
We have no choice but to give Maz a QO since he's the only goalie we have that fulfills the expansion draft requirements (Pekka NMC, Saros exempt.)

I guess I should have worded my original question better, but in the end, would Maz actually stay? Unless he loves Milwaukee THAT much, I would have to think he could make a lot more in Europe.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I guess I should have worded my original question better, but in the end, would Maz actually stay? Unless he loves Milwaukee THAT much, I would have to think he could make a lot more in Europe.

Maz smiles a lot with his mask off. Maybe he likes it here.

Happy Belated Birthday! I saw your name on the corner video board on Sunday.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Admirals played at 10:30 AM today. It was a school kids game. I went to it. It was a 5-3 loss to Cleveland. The Ads had about 100 shots in period 1, but were credited with 9 on goal. They missed so many corners and half open nets that it was maddening. In the second period, they didn't play defense and let in 3 goals. Poor Jonas Gunnarsson was out there by himself!

My post from the Admirals Roundtable:

Evason needs to tell the team that the worst offensive player and the worst defensive player in a game will flip a coin after the game. The loser sits out the next game. They need some kind of motivation to play for 60 minutes, versus the 40 or 20 or 10 that we are getting recently!

This game it was Richard, who can’t keep the puck on his stick even for open ice, and Dougherty with a -3. The defense was AWFUL, but Dougherty was the worst D-man out there today. That was no small accomplishment in this game. People need to SIT if they can’t play properly!!!

Put Army in the lineup. Play the guy with the broken arm, he couldn’t do any worse than Jack D.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
How is Aberg not able to translate his game to NHL level?

I would like to know the answer to that question!

Last night, Aberg scored 2 goals. He has been playing a more physical game. He has 21 goals on the season in 43 games, which is #1 on the team and tied for third in the AHL.

The Ads won 5-2, Army was in the line up. Army shoved the goalie into the Rockford net. No goal, but a bit of a skirmish.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
How is Aberg not able to translate his game to NHL level?

I would like to know the answer to that question!

Last night, Aberg scored 2 goals. He has been playing a more physical game. He has 21 goals on the season in 43 games, which is #1 on the team and tied for third in the AHL.

The Ads won 5-2, Army was in the line up. Army shoved the goalie into the Rockford net. No goal, but a bit of a skirmish.

probably the same reason Taylor Becks game, Simon Gamache's game, and any number of 'twiners" we have had over the years couldn't make the jump... they don't have enough skill to be 20+goal scorers in the NHL but they aren't physical/defensively talented enough to make a niche as 3rd/4th liners.

Watson was a 1st line scorer at Milwaukee but has had to reinvent himself as a grit/energy/tough guy in the NHL. he has the size to make that happen. I can't remember how big Aberg is but that might be his only chance to stay in the NHL...

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Aberg is about the same size as Arvidsson and as I recall, Arvidsson needed a season in the NHL before he really found himself. Aberg hasn't been given that chance but may need a similar path.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
If you guys thought the Preds were bad the last two games, you should've seen the start of the 2nd period for the Admirals last night. It looked like all of them were playing hockey for the first time.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
If you guys thought the Preds were bad the last two games, you should've seen the start of the 2nd period for the Admirals last night. It looked like all of them were playing hockey for the first time.

Tonight was only slightly better. Why can't the Admirals play during the long changes?

SauceMyBiscuit

Aug 22, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Aberg is about the same size as Arvidsson and as I recall, Arvidsson needed a season in the NHL before he really found himself. Aberg hasn't been given that chance but may need a similar path.

Aberg is slightly bigger than Arvy. He's more like a poor man's Fiala in terms of skill. I think he'll find his way into the top 9 eventually. Possibly the top 6 in a couple years.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Aberg is slightly bigger than Arvy. He's more like a poor man's Fiala in terms of skill. I think he'll find his way into the top 9 eventually. Possibly the top 6 in a couple years.

Can he play LW? We're pretty stacked on the right side (especially if LV doesn't take Smith) and we lose a guy like Wilson on the left side, that could open up a chance for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad