Prospect Info: In the System Part VI (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
The good news. Mike Latta scored his amazing 4th goal of the season in only 58 games. He really is worthless as a player!

Ouch, why the Latta hate? He's put up 16 pts in 30 games with Rockford which is about par for his career.

Plus, who thought he was going to be a point producer. That's like complaining that Mike Liambas, Cody McLeod or someone of that ilk isn't putting up massive points.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Ouch, why the Latta hate? He's put up 16 pts in 30 games with Rockford which is about par for his career.

Plus, who thought he was going to be a point producer. That's like complaining that Mike Liambas, Cody McLeod or someone of that ilk isn't putting up massive points.

I think it has to do with the fact that Latta was included in the Erat for Forsberg deal and Washington fans acted like Latta was a great prospect.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I think it has to do with the fact that Latta was included in the Erat for Forsberg deal and Washington fans acted like Latta was a great prospect.

Not really. The only Forsberg deal that I didn't like was for Floppa in '06-'07!

Latta never really caught fire offensively for the Admirals. He didn't always play defense. When they had the April Fool's Day brawl with Rockford a few years ago, he embarrassed himself by trying to fight. He ended up looking like Michael Ontkean in Slap Shot. No jersey, no pads, no T-shirt. He looked like he wanted to fight again.

So, his offense wasn't as good as I expected, his defense was poor and he can't fight anybody better than an old lady. What's not to like, Chris?

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Not really. The only Forsberg deal that I didn't like was for Floppa in '06-'07!

Latta never really caught fire offensively for the Admirals. He didn't always play defense. When they had the April Fool's Day brawl with Rockford a few years ago, he embarrassed himself by trying to fight. He ended up looking like Michael Ontkean in Slap Shot. No jersey, no pads, no T-shirt. He looked like he wanted to fight again.

So, his offense wasn't as good as I expected, his defense was poor and he can't fight anybody better than an old lady. What's not to like, Chris?

I think you were expecting more than he really was. I think the optimist thought he'd be a banger in front of the net, but reality is he's a low-line grinder.

The one thing he has going for him is he can win faceoffs better than Mike Ribeiro ;)

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

I think you were expecting more than he really was. I think the optimist thought he'd be a banger in front of the net, but reality is he's a low-line grinder.

The one thing he has going for him is he can win faceoffs better than Mike Ribeiro ;)

You are probably correct about that! He did play 113 games for Washington with 4 goals and 130 PIMS, but none for Nashville, the team that drafted him in Round 3.

Ads 2 - Rockford 1 tonight. Trenin scored a goal with assists from Liambis and Moy.

Mike Latta had half of the IceHogs penalties, minors for tripping and roughing. Both came in the last minute of period 1 and period 2 respectively.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Admirals just announced an extension with the Preds through 2021-22.

This was announced at tonight's game. I heard that David Poile was in town.

The Ads beat Rockford 6-2.

The Michael Latta watch from the Admirals Roundtable:

This game started in very unusual fashion. At the first whistle there was a good delay to figure out whether or not there was a fault on the part of the IceHogs lineup. Michael Latta was not listed on their submitted lineup sheet, was playing, and was subsequently pardoned for the rest of the game. Anthony Louis was written in twice on the roster that the officials were handed. That tactical blunder by the coaching staff meant playing a man short for the game.

This happened at 39 seconds. Latta was not happy. I could hear him yell something before skating off. I have only seen this about once every ten years in pro hockey.

Tyler Moy had two assists, as did Petter Granberg. Samuel Girard scored the game winning goal, his first, for the Admirals. Milwaukee had 6 different goals corers.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin

Final game of the regular season is tomorrow against Grand Rapids. That game has possible playoff opponent implications.

If Milwaukee wins, we play Grand Rapids. A Grand Rapids point of any kind plus a Chicago regulation loss means we play Chicago. A Grand Rapids win and Chicago loss of any kind means we play Chicago.

Interestingly enough, Chicago finishes at home with a game against Charlotte. Charlotte needs a point to make the playoffs and knock out Cleveland, the defending champions.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I heard that David Poile was in town.

He was!

2427-harrisdavid570.jpg

A longer term agreement has been in the works for a while. No better time to announce it than on a Preds playoff off day in Chicago where Poile can make a quick trip up, make the announcement and then watch some prospects.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

Final game of the regular season is tomorrow against Grand Rapids. That game has possible playoff opponent implications.

If Milwaukee wins, we play Grand Rapids. A Grand Rapids point of any kind plus a Chicago regulation loss means we play Chicago. A Grand Rapids win and Chicago loss of any kind means we play Chicago.

Interestingly enough, Chicago finishes at home with a game against Charlotte. Charlotte needs a point to make the playoffs and knock out Cleveland, the defending champions.

I think that the Ads should play Gunnarsson in goal. He needs a game to sharpen up for the playoffs. If he can beat the Griffins, the Ads will roll over them. The have a losing record in their last 10 games.

I believe that Milwaukee matches up better with Chicago.

Either series will be entertaining.

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
Not sure if this fits into this thread, but anyway, here we go.

According to this article (in swedish), undrafted 21-yo forward Victor Ejdsell, visited Nashville Predators the other day. He has been offered to visit a number NHL clubs and it seems he can choose freely which NHL club to go to. According to the article, there is "unconfirmed information" that he also will be visiting Chicago and Detroit.

http://www.hockeysverige.se/2017/04/23/succemannen-nara-nhl-kontrakt-jag-har-egentligen-en-guldsits/

Ejdsell had a breakout season in SHL2, the division under SHL, and at the end of the season he got to play a few games for Team Sweden, which is quite unusual for players in SHL2.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=29343

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The bigger news story will be when the Admirals actually win a playoff game.

10 straight playoff losses. 15 losses in their last 16 playoff games.

Hard to believe, but true! The Ads lost in 3 games to Grand Rapids last year. Now they have lost 2 more games to GR this season. The 3 goals in Game 1 were the most since 2011.

I am wearing my Calder Cup 2004 Champions shirt as I type this. The Ads swept the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins in the Finals. In 2006, they lost in the Finals to the Hershey Bears. I long for a return to those days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad