Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Apparently Kieran Millan has decided to retire.

Kieran Millan ‏@kieran_millan 12m
Moving from Hockey to the business world starts with.. more hockey! Help support Hockey Helps the Homeless & visit http://hhth.akaraisin.com/pledge/Pa...=9051&mid=25&pid=1868109#.U9KKdC_32kc.twitter …

Ryan Boulding ‏@rboulding 9m
@kieran_millan are you hanging them up professionally?

Kieran Millan ‏@kieran_millan
@rboulding ya unfortunately didn't garner many offers this off season and got a great opportunity to start a job in Calgary

Oh wells, good luck to him.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Apparently Kieran Millan has decided to retire.

Kieran Millan ‏@kieran_millan 12m
Moving from Hockey to the business world starts with.. more hockey! Help support Hockey Helps the Homeless & visit http://hhth.akaraisin.com/pledge/Pa...=9051&mid=25&pid=1868109#.U9KKdC_32kc.twitter …

Ryan Boulding ‏@rboulding 9m
@kieran_millan are you hanging them up professionally?

Kieran Millan ‏@kieran_millan
@rboulding ya unfortunately didn't garner many offers this off season and got a great opportunity to start a job in Calgary

He got a chance to play professionally for 2 seasons which is more than most anybody else can say. Wishing him the best of luck in all his future endeavors!

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007

I really dislike Eklund. Wilson for Franson is about all I could see. Wilson is an Ontario boy, is physical, and could use a change. I am one of the few, and I mean VERY few that doesn't hate him. I would take him on my team for a bottom pairing, maybe middle pairing role. But where does another right hander fit on this blueline?

Nonetheless, I'm sure it is 100% made up and there is no reason to debate it.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I really dislike Eklund. Wilson for Franson is about all I could see. Wilson is an Ontario boy, is physical, and could use a change. I am one of the few, and I mean VERY few that doesn't hate him. I would take him on my team for a bottom pairing, maybe middle pairing role. But where does another right hander fit on this blueline?

Nonetheless, I'm sure it is 100% made up and there is no reason to debate it.

See now I kinda want to keep Wilson...just jk I just really dont care for Cody. But if that went down I would be ok with.
More so cause Leafs nation would have a heart attack.

member 116861

Stuart, Holden, Guenin, and Franson?

Fastest defense of all time.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Stuart, Holden, Guenin, and Franson?

Fastest defense of all time.

They don't need to be fast. The puck moves faster than any player, except maybe Mac. They just need to get the puck to our forwards and transition it. Avs need to be a team that kills teams off of transition, which they were last season. West is an XL conference and you need to be able to physically handle it. Kings just won the cup with Mitchell and Greene on their blueline.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Looking at Toronto's defensemen.... They really need LD (let's assume Franson is gone). Dion is a left shot that prefers to play on the right. Robidas is probably going to be on the bottom pairing right side with Polak on the middle pairing. That leaves Gardiner and Reilly on the left, and even less experience following that up.

So they are looking at:

Reilly-Phanuef
Gardiner-Polak
Percy (?)-Robidas
Holzer (?)

They desperately need some experience on the left side if they are not going to force Phanuef over to the left. So trading Franson for some experience on the left makes a lot of sense. Not sure if the best trade would be with the Avs though as only Wilson and maybe Hejda would be available...

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Looking at Toronto's defensemen.... They really need LD (let's assume Franson is gone). Dion is a left shot that prefers to play on the right. Robidas is probably going to be on the bottom pairing right side with Polak on the middle pairing. That leaves Gardiner and Reilly on the left, and even less experience following that up.

So they are looking at:

Reilly-Phanuef
Gardiner-Polak
Percy (?)-Robidas
Holzer (?)

They desperately need some experience on the left side if they are not going to force Phanuef over to the left. So trading Franson for some experience on the left makes a lot of sense. Not sure if the best trade would be with the Avs though as only Wilson and maybe Hejda would be available...

uh -oh charlie brown.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

Interesting. He lead their team in points and hits and was just given a new 3.3 mil dollar contract. They got to be looking for a pretty good return. Though they do only have 5 Dmen signed, 6 when Gardiner pulls the trigger. Maybe they are looking for some depth to round out the roster instead of a middle/top player. I could see them going with Phanuef, Gardiner, Riley and Polak as their top 4. Would Wilson and Elliott+ be enough? Would Wilson and Elliott need to be the plus on top of a main piece (high pick, top prospect, good roster player- they couldn't possibly want another forward, could they)? How many more 2nds do we have? Would it take a first (sounds like too much to me)?

I wonder if Barrie is being a little tougher to sign? Fall back option in case he is? Hope that's not the case. I love the role Barrie plays.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Eklund has actually gotten a few things right lately but he still has to throw total crap out there in order to continue to get hits. Sure if he only reported on real news he would become more trusted but he isn't going to make any money by reporting some real news once every 2 weeks. He knows some people but not enough to make a legit career like the well known hockey insiders. I have a feeling this is completely made up to attract traffic while he continues to search for more legit rumors.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
This is a typical Eklund rumor. The Avs already have a Franson. His name is Nick Holden and he plays on the side they actually need help with.

Why would the Avs pursue Franson when Roy and Sakic are so high on Holden, and they have EJ, Barrie, Guenin, and Elliott on the right side, and just brought in Redmond, Noreau, and Gervais as RD as well?

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Avs:
Franson

Leafs:
Wilson
Elliott

Is a deal that makes sense for both clubs.

Avs are either going to lose Elliott to waivers or demote him if he clears. I just get the feeling he is not going to make the Avs roster and is not in their long term plans. Wilson is going to be dead weight on the Avs roster and also be demoted and almost certainly clear waivers. Why not bundle the two together and take a chance on someone new? Franson, while not a speed demon or a guy that uses his frame properly, does have decent puck moving skills and maybe can learn from Roy and Foote to put it all together. Avs can slot him behind EJ and Barrie and use him properly.

The Leafs best D prospects, Gardiner, Reilly, and Percy are all left shots. Dion is also a lefty. Wilson gives them a stop-gap for this year -- and they save a little cash/cap space. Elliott would probably be the Leafs best right handed prospect.

Stuart-EJ
Hejda-Barrie
Holden-Franson

Depth:
Guenin
Redmond

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
This is a typical Eklund rumor. The Avs already have a Franson. His name is Nick Holden and he plays on the side they actually need help with.

Why would the Avs pursue Franson when Roy and Sakic are so high on Holden, and they have EJ, Barrie, Guenin, and Elliott on the right side, and just brought in Redmond, Noreau, and Gervais as RD as well?

Because the Avs want all the average defensmen!

But as some others have mentioned, maybe they fear Barrie is going to hold out OR they worry he might not repeat last year OR his injury last year is a going concern to impact him.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Avs:
Franson

Leafs:
Wilson
Elliott

Is a deal that makes sense for both clubs.

Avs are either going to lose Elliott to waivers or demote him if he clears. I just get the feeling he is not going to make the Avs roster and is not in their long term plans. Wilson is going to be dead weight on the Avs roster and also be demoted and almost certainly clear waivers. Why not bundle the two together and take a chance on someone new? Franson, while not a speed demon or a guy that uses his frame properly, does have decent puck moving skills and maybe can learn from Roy and Foote to put it all together. Avs can slot him behind EJ and Barrie and use him properly.

The Leafs best D prospects, Gardiner, Reilly, and Percy are all left shots. Dion is also a lefty. Wilson gives them a stop-gap for this year -- and they save a little cash/cap space. Elliott would probably be the Leafs best right handed prospect.

Stuart-EJ
Hejda-Barrie
Holden-Franson

Depth:
Guenin
Redmond

I bet if there is a deal at all, it probably wont happen till at least the quarter mark or a little past that. Roy seems like to going into camp/ beginning part of reg. season to see what he 's got, cause you never know, And this way he can play Wilson to showcase him a bit, I mean he would have to, cause right now Wilson is barely cracking our defense with 2+ mil. cap hit. why on earth would TOR trade a guy like Franson for a C- level prospect like Elliot and Wilson, who has barely played the past year or so.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

But as some others have mentioned, maybe they fear Barrie is going to hold out OR they worry he might not repeat last year OR his injury last year is a going concern to impact him.

It's been two days since O'Reilly signed I would be surprised if that was the case. They were clearly waiting to finish his deal before getting to Barrie. I don't see the Avs panicking about Tyson Barrie holding out and making a trade for Franson.

Especially with all the new D they brought in, and Sakic saying they think Redmond could be this years Holden. If they're at all concerned about Barrie, they'll just let Redmond, Elliott, and Guenin battle it out for the two spots, and give a look at Noreau and Gervais too.

This is just Eklund seeing that the Avs haven't really addressed their D, and making up a connection between them and an oft rumored D from Toronto.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
W have 10 Dmen for 8 spots. A couple of guys are going to have to go. If Wilson is the 9th or 10th guy, it makes all the sense in the world to bury him.

Is there debate here? If you notice the post I replied to and also my post was that Wilson is either the extra LH defenseman (#7 or 8) since he is the only LH shot of the projected group of guys competing in the bottom spots, or he should be moveable for a late pick or AHL type prospect from a team needing depth I did not say it didn't make sense if he was the #9 or #10.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

Or they just want more depth...

Franson is a different sort of player than Barrie and would add a different dimension to the team.

That said, I don't think the Avs will go after him.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Always good to put up a quote from nobody.

Yeah, what's up with that? My favorite was the one about dumping Varly for Miller AFTER HE WAS NOMINATED FOR THE VEZINA. Like wtf from our org would even say that?

For funsies sake let's say Eklund isn't making it up but he says the teams are just talking. I have no doubts teams talk to each other about all kinds of players all the time and nothing comes of it.

Thought of the remaining cases Reimer would be the most likely to go to arbitration. Don't think any happen now.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 39 s
James Reimer and TOR have settled on a two-year deal

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 16 s
The AAV is $2.3M

Ha!
And another one falls, of all the arbitration that was sure to go the distance, i was sure this was it.
So what is the point of arbitration again? and can i have his job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad